Mythica: Legend of the Chronomancer [WIP] [144 k+ words] [Update 05 Oct 2023]

Love this, i feel like MC is a bit toooooo casual with superpowered randos they just met. Besides that, I really enjoyed this

9 Likes

God, I adore

1 Like

Yeah. I will try to hold back on the descriptions. Thanks!

Thanks! How do you feel about the other options? Still too friendly?

Thanks! Glad you like it.

3 Likes

I feel like most options are positive or neutral. I usually pick sarcastic choices so not much issue for me but there is a clear lack of negative choices. The MC has no resistance to any situation, we just seem to agree with every decision for some reason, even though these people are still strangers to us

9 Likes

Choices usually are classified into courageous, cautious, introspective, sarcastic, genuine and fearful. At least until later in Chapter 2 where things get confrontational. Until then there are no choices that are resistant because that would stop the story in its tracks or the MC will be forced to go along despite being resistant for the sake of the story.

1 Like

By the way, please do share your stat screens at the end of the game as it will help with balancing. Also, did you meet Death? If yes, how many times? And if you met her a second time, did she remark on the manner of your death? I am trying to see if that flavor text works.

4 Likes

Finally, I turned to her, my voice edged with both desperation and curiosity. “Who the are you?” Should remove the the there.

The descriptions of the Luminera and Fortis armors are the same.

1 Like

Death was actually kind of cool. I got killed by accident and met her. She was pretty chill about it and getting another chance is better than a game over screen that early. I eventually won the fight first try on a new game but I felt a bit forced to use my power to win instead of using the sword or gun since attacks didn’t land often. I understand the boss has to dodge or block but it was bit much considering it’s our first fight.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, I’ll fix them.

Glad you thought so. As for the stat checks, I’m still trying to balance them. Also, what I really want is to send you back to the beginning of the fight instead of the beginning of the chapter, however, I am having trouble coding it. On the positive side, when you die, you get to progress her romance route/side quest.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying what I’m reading so far so good work. There are some minor kinks to iron out such as the ones pointed out by stsword or how in the car the mc refers to Isolde by name before they actually know it but nothing that detracts from the experience too much.

I do think the story might benefit from the prologue being expanded slightly. By that i mean writing out the job interview the story says the mc is coming back from. Them getting ready/dressed for said interview would be a good way to organically integrate the character creation and the interview itself a way to establish each player’s chars personality before everything hits the fan which helps anchor them in the stories world(maybe let them decide what kind of job the interview is for as well). This would also give more impact to the loss of normalcy that being thrust into the supernatural world entails imo.

Anyway i look forward to seeing how this story unfolds.

3 Likes

Safely walking at night in NYC is the most unbelievable part of the story lmfao

9 Likes

@Determined_defeatist Thanks! I do like the idea of merging the character creation with the prep for the interview. Also thanks for pointing out the bugs/errors. Will fix them.

@Phenrex Minor Update: Nonbinary option added.

2 Likes

There’s something wrong with the saves

@Non_Fat_Pizza Thanks for the report. I had forgotten to add the code when I made some changes earlier. It should be fixed now.

Is death’s gender locked? Can’t it be like whenever we see death we see them as a him/her/ random everytime since everyone is taken by death I think death has many faces :grimacing:

2 Likes

@SpanishBrEaD Yes, I will include the option to choose Death’s gender in the next update. However, as a male his personality will be different.

• Minor Update:
  • Nonbinary option added.
  • Two New romances. Athena and Galahad. Available to Male, Female and Nonbinary MCs. Both are asexual romances.
  • Death is now gender selectable.
12 Likes

I don’t think the nonbinary option works at the moment. I tried that option and the mc is referred to as she/her.

1 Like

@Mosey Thanks for the report. It should work now.

1 Like

Thank you!! ^0^

1 Like

@Mosey No problem.

1 Like