Mysteries of the world!

When I was younger (in school at the time) I had a magazine that was all about the mysteries of the world. It had information on the monsters of the world such as Bigfoot, Loch Ness (and lake monster Champ), Bermuda Triangle, the curse of the Tutankhamun Pyramid and psychic powers (Uri Geller)… But the biggest mystery of all were all the crop-circles and UFO photos in that magazine. Which brings me to my next question, do aliens exist? If so, how do you explain all of the ufo photos?

… And before you say “lol”, for the longest time I believed everything mentioned in that magazine was true. But then again, I was young at that time! So I was fairly impressionable. I even believed in fairies at the bottom of my garden. And also my grandma on my mum’s side could see spirits because she was an exorcist!

So what mysteries have anyone found recently? Please keep the discussion civil, polite and level-headed. Respect everyone else’s opinion and have fun discussing everything!

I think…some of us had some of those episodes when we were kids lol…I won’t tell you what I believed…but it was kinda cute lol …

But thats a good question . I mean , nowdays we can say ‘Oh thats photoshop!’ …

But photoshop wasn’t around forever . So what about the old photos then ?

Lets make it clear , I don’t believe in Ovni . I do like the xfiles side stories not the main one (and Gillian anderson was my reason to watch anyway lol) .

But I’m curious though . and what about those peoples claiming they were abducted ?

well…that one was weird…cose…why just in the usa ? dont alien have maps or something ? lol

so let’s say they are fake and liars . Why do it ? mass hysteria ? something in the water ?

People didn’t start seeing flying saucers until after they appeared on Science Fiction book covers.

Petfectly sane people do see things that don’t exist all the time. The mind is a funny thing and vision and memory is weirder and less reliable than we imagine it is.

Do aliens exist? Of course they do. The universe is vast, there has to be places where planets like ours exist. Have they been to our planet, that one is more debatable. One has to imagine any species which is capable of leaving its home planet, solar system and area of space where a planet is capable of supporting life as we understand it (bear in mind that we’re not certain if all species in the universe operate exactly like we do) would have to be crazy advanced.

Well I talked about aliens in the alien thread, and I talked about my encounter with this demon/ghost thing in the what are you scared of thread(and it was a longish story) so…ghosts? Oh wait I talked about them in a paranormal thread I think, damn you so many overlapping threads! xd. Well I also briefly looked into shadow people, to see if what I saw was a shadow person, not a demon/ghost, but don’t think it was. Apart from those things I’m interested in things like the Bermuda triangle, the devil’s triangle in Japan, ancient aliens etc etc. Oh and I don’t care what anyone says I believe the Blair witch is real, and the film, the whole thing is a cover up, the actress who supposedly did interviews after the film, a double etc.

My spiritual teacher told us that he has some “non-human, non-physical” friends. He said that they sleep on day, but awake and do their things when the sun sets.

And all of them, well… most of them are mischievous. If not for stalwart mind and true bravery, no one can tell this “friends” to stop their mischiefs, let alone controlling them. For you are not “begging” them, but more towards “order” them.

And then one of my classmate showed their disbelief. But he proceeded by saying, “if you don’t believe me, then trust me that there’s one sitting there, right there.”

He pointed to an empty seat in front of me.

Earth is flat yo, no one ever proved it otherwise we’re being lied to by the Illuminati

And they didn’t start seeing the Loch Ness monster as a plesiosaur until dinosaurs entered the public awareness. Before that, the reports describe something more like a partly aquatic camel-bear. Totally different.

Eye witness testimony is about the least reliable “evidence” one can have for a good reason.

Indeed, and I’ll bet the Loch Ness monster now not only exists a a result of weird CIA experiment but is the reason Langley sent you there in the past. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well …how about the Mystery of Books , Grimoire or manuscript ?

Here are few “mysterious” Books or Grimoire that i am interested in, and it is rumour that such books contain knowledge that beyond human understanding … some of them might even be Tome of Magic?

1. Lesser Key of Solomon
    is an anonymous grimoire (or spell book) on demonology, It is divided into five books—the Ars Goetia, Ars Theurgia-Goetia, Ars Paulina, Ars Almadel, and Ars Notoria.

2)The Voynich manuscript

an illustrated (codex) hand-written in an unknown writing system, being regard as the book that can never be decoded

1. The Book of Soyga
    Rumour to be ancient book of magic and alchemy

EDIT : I just found one more interesting Book ,
The Grand Grimoire, sometimes referred to as the ‘Red Dragon’ or the ‘Gospel of Satan’, is a medieval grimoire believed to possess immense powers. According to legend, it was written by an apocryphal figure by the name of Honorius of Thebes, who is claimed to have been possessed by Satan himself. The Grand Grimoire is said to be one of the most potent occult books in existence, and contains instructions for the summoning of demons.

The Original copy ( or at least one of the original ) is said to be kept today in the Vatican Secret Archives, and is not currently available to the public.

How 'bout dem ancient swords?

Excalibur? Azoth? Enuma Elish?

feel free to add more

No that was me. But it all went horribly wrong and I wound up meeting my parents while they were still in high school. Weird.

This veers into superstition but eh.

Heres a hometown mystery. Under our village temple is a long winding tunnel that leads to who knows where. They say you could find riches there, guarded by a naga decorated with gold. They’ve since closed the tunnel because of dumb thieves but who knows.

Also remember the news of the 11 soccer boys stuck in a cave flooded with water? Supposedly, a king/cheiftain/etc’s mistress ran into there and died waiting for him to come to elope with her.
So of course, the elderly would say that the lady wouldn’t let those boys go. She had to be appeased or take someone to be with her. (Her husbands replacement if you will)
The boys were eventually rescued fortunately. But rather unfortunately, a male rescue diver died there.

Of course this is superstition in a culture deeply rooted in religion so do be respectful and take it with a grain of salt. The human mind is still an enigma after all.

(And if you ever want to see things for yourselves here, let me just tell you that you’re much better off not knowing in the first place. :sweat:)