My Wedding Weekend

It all makes sense now. My best friend in junior high was a Marissa…and my niece is named Marissa. They’re taking over, and I, for one, welcome our new overlords.

Anyone who begins the marriage journey has my respect as they are far braver than I. Blessed be.

1 Like

So is that what happens when relationship_marissa >95? (Sorry I couldn’t resist). But, congratulations!!!

2 Likes

I don’t quite know what a tin-pot tyrant means, but regardless of your status as one, congratulations! It’s been said that marriage lets you annoy one special person in your life, and by all accounts this is true. But it also lets you have someone that will love and support you regardless, and both of you deserve that, so I’m happy for the two of you. Even though I don’t actually know you guys. But sometimes knowing strangers are happy you’re happy feels nice :blush:

Have a lovely wedding, and an even more lovely marriage!

Congratulations on your partner!

The most powerful mod is away now the cult of neo will take over the CoG Forum!! :imp:
But as in Japanese for @jasonstevanhill and his partner Yoi kekkon to shinkon ryokō o motte imasu.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m pretty sure the cult of neo won’t be doing anything like that in the coming weekend. Right, @EmperorHeartless? :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Congrats ! All the best :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Jason! :grinning:

Congratulations, and best wishes for your future together!!!

So, we had our ceremony last night on a hillside in Catskill, New York.

It actually lasted longer that we were expecting; we were originally estimating half an hour, but it ended up being about ninety minutes with everyone saying their piece.

Then we said our vows, which concluded with Marissa reading this poem by Mary Oliver, entitled “Wild Geese”

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about your despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

And then, there was a huge honking. Everyone turned to see a flock of about fourteen geese rise up from the valley below and start flying towards us. We all laughed, and then we stopped laughing, because they formed a V and flew directly overhead, not more than thirty feet above us.

Did you have something to do with that, @FairyGodfeather?

27 Likes

Oh wow. That sounds magical. It sounds like such a wonderful, personal ceremony.

And yes. :slight_smile: I’m totally the bird whisperer! But I think those ones are all on you. It’s just amazing when that sort of thing happens. definitely a good omen, those geese.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so happy for you!

7 Likes

Congrats Jason.
Sometimes you just gotta love when the universe aligns perfectly and things go very right.

1 Like

Four days of celebrating down. One to go.

I got one taco and one margarita at my taco dance party last night, because I was too pumped on adrenaline to be hungry.

9 Likes

Congrats by the by
(Better late than never)
I read “taco dance party” and couldon’t help but giggle a little.

8 Likes

That’s the right response!

7 Likes

https://d13yacurqjgara.cloudfront.net/users/9662/screenshots/2342596/dribbble-taco-bell-recap.gif

7 Likes

WAIT! A taco dance party isn’t what @Nathan_Faxon described it as?! :confused:

Wonders how wedding celebrations take five days.

Congratulations on your wedding. I wish you both all the best in the future.

We dyed our hair blue beforehand (you can see it in hers) and had a face-painter at the taco dance party.

20 Likes

You’re much taller than my mental image of you was, up until this point!
I was led astray by your cute little avatar all this time!

Anyway, happy Honeymoon. :tada:

11 Likes