My Imaginary friend WIP and playtest

“That leather jacket works well for you Avery, no c’mon let get into MY car I’d hate to be seen driving around in this wreck.”

Let’s

Ohhh the lost moments in you high school years

Your

So when’d ‘he’ turn into a twink?" Alway’s had a way with words didn’t She how do you react?

She shouldn’t be capitalized.

“At the bar.” Alice points out a brunette in glasses. Smart looking and awufully cute

Awfully

1 Like

I like the concept, there’s a few grammar errors but I was wondering whether the selfish and unselfish is the good , bad system and how it will affect gameplay.

1 Like

Thanks😆

Put simply no.
That stat works two ways. Both on you and on your ginary. Your being selfish causes it to act similarly since you affect it by your emotional and psychological state. And can work for or against you depending on how well you get along with your friend. The embraced or neglected stat.

For example: you do something selfish that goes against your ginary it will try to prevent that in its own selfish agenda.

If that makes any sense.
I don’t consider good and bad as proper terms any way because it’s dependant entirely on one’s perspective. But it’s pretty plain to see I’d someone’s actions are for themselves or for others.

“Due me a favour Mikey and add her to the list for me.” This should be “Do me a favour”

1 Like

Questions!

-Have you guys noticed the differences in story based on build & sanity stats?
-Would you prefer that I make these hidden interjections more obvious or sneak them in fluidly like I’ve kept it so far.

note: I’m thinking of working in some areas that are only accessible if you have the right skill or stat available, not just choices, but bits of info you wouldn’t otherwise pickup that’ll.

AND I’m wondering about achievements… personally having something pop-up bugs me, kinda throws off my Zen when reading but I’d like to get a consensus.

For achievements I wouldn’t want something to pop up (in other COG or HG I accidentally hit the wrong option because of them) but maybe a stats at the end like ‘you did the wrong thing and survived’ or ‘you did the right thing and was turned into a badass (cue explosions) puts on sunglasses

1 Like

Haven’t noticed but I’m not replaying the content so far enough to memorise it.

Hmm either way works, if you want them actively tested it might help to highlight them.

No worries, the most prominent of these slips is when seeing Ollie:

If your sanity has taken a few hits, you’ll see him sitting next to you in the car instead of Allem

good point I could always remove the highlights later. I wonder if there’s a color font ‘code’… something to look up.

Seems something worth putting some thought into:) Thanks for the input.

Ah, I keep following the calm and collected route :smiley:

1 Like

that’d do it, there’s going to be plenty of ‘calm’ options I’ll slip in there.

Note, I’ve gotten a lot done today, I’m almost to the end of the first chapter.
I’ll let you all know when that chapter is ready another solid day and a half:)

It’ll be noted in the title.

I tend to follow the calm options, but I think from now on I’ll pick -sanity options for more interesting story telling.

1 Like

Ah. Is that how the angels look? They’re much sexier than I thought! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Your art is great, you draw very well :smiley:

On a different note; I’ve checked the game up to the shower scene. Would you prefer I post the things I found in a comment here, multiple comments, or send them to you some other way?

Also, Ollie uses the word “chopada”, I was under the impression that meant a party with alcoholic drinks.

[quote=“Snoe, post:106, topic:12482”]
-Have you guys noticed the differences in story based on build & sanity stats?
[/quote]I noticed the bouncer commenting on the build, called my character a “brute”, it was fun to see.
Haven’t checked the low sanity options though, went for emotional the first time and haven’t replayed that part yet. (It was fun socking Allem~)

[quote=“Snoe, post:106, topic:12482”]
-Would you prefer that I make these hidden interjections more obvious or sneak them in fluidly like I’ve kept it so far.
[/quote]I’m fine with it either way, but like LordOfLA said: it’s helpful to have them highlighted for testing.

1 Like

No worries you can be calm and crazy:)
Get crazy enough and I’m considering of warping ‘speech’, like if your character tries to explain something it comes out a little twisted ei)
“Mmmm I love cheerios.”
or the crazy speak- “I adore the 'O’s of Cheer!”
or
“Hey driver take me across town.”
crazy speak “Fly this chariot to the edge would you?”

BUT it’s just a funny idea running through my brain at the moment.

Yeah I was going for the cracked-mirror of an ‘angel’, angels are seen as ‘beautiful’ and righteous, while ‘this’ particular one is a combination of desire wrath and lust wrapped together, those traits make for insatiable madness, a real terror and its after ‘you’. *giggles*

There’s more of those and I intend on putting both stats and builds to great effect, slipping in their effects where I can. For the sake of pulling you guys deeper into the story.

I think I’ll be doing that going further. I can always remove the highlights later in the finished product if they don’t sit well.

My Portugese isn’t great LOL My Dutch isn’t bad though.
I’ll have to look up the word for ‘drunk’ more thoroughly.

1 Like

oh my god Malkavian speech would be awesome.

Malkavian’s are a clan of crazy vampires in The World of Darkness/Vampire the Masquerade.

1 Like

Well, allow me to reply, “I too have danced the dark places of masks and gnashing fangs upon a time. I keep a piece of it here and there as I go to’n’fro.”
Translated:
“I have played it and still have a copy.”

I love Malkavian’s guess the idea ‘stuck’.
One of the best games I’ve ever played including anything brought out since, and my FAV vamp backdrop. Surprised you recognized it:D

2 Likes

Sure wouldn’t want to meet either of those two ‘angels’ in a dark alley! I’ll leave that for my MCs.

Portuguese is awful to learn, and I say this as a native speaker. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If you have any questions about the language feel free to ask.

1 Like

True but I wouldn’t want to meet them ever :blush: and I wrote them.

The proper word for ‘drunk’ would be a good start :slight_smile:

And feel free to post the errors you found here I’m more than happy to see them.

Next
Topic.
I’m feeling artsy so my next target is our friend A. ALLEM
This question goes to all of you in ‘your’ mind how does the blonde blue eyed rich kid look to you?
To me they look ‘sly’ for lack of a better word.
My goal is to get a good consensus and draw something that will scream “Oh THAT’S so AL.”

2 Likes

The most direct translation for drunk would be ‘bêbado’ for men and ‘bêbada’ for women. ‘Chapado’/‘chapada’ is similar but slightly less nice. There’s no gender neutral word for ‘drunk’, that I can remember at least.

Two somewhat rude gender neutral options are:

• “ou já encheu o rabo de cachaça?/encheu a cara?” (meaning something like: “or have you gotten yourself shitfaced?”).
  • “ou já está/tá todo fudido?” * (meaning around the same as the previous one but ‘fudido’ is an actual swear: “or have you/ya gotten yourself shitfaced?”)

Also gender neutral but less rude could be:

• “ou já está/tá de pileque?” (“or are you/ya already sloshed?”)

(There’s no direct translation for “you gone and got yourself” so I couldn’t figure out how to add it in the gender neutral expressions)

Edit: Made a mistake here *, that’s the male variation, for women it’d be “toda fudida”. Sorry about that, I’m just so used to hearing it being used for both men and women by people I know that I totally forgot.

1 Like

Good options much thanks.
The goal is to have Ollie say something rude or swear in another language and establish that ‘if’ he’s speaking in another language it’s probably something he shouldn’t say out loud.

I like the idea of the MC saying “what was that Ollie?”

“Nothing just talking to myself.” When he’d clearly said something offensive:)

Quick work up of A. Allem Or at least my image of the rich playboy/playgirl: though the hair needs some work.
NOW back to work on the story for Snoe
http://pre15.deviantart.net/ef8c/th/pre/i/2015/307/5/a/allem_copy_by_unseen_smiley-d9fgerj.jpg

5 Likes