My Imaginary friend WIP and playtest

I’m glad you guys like him he’s one of my favourite characters in this project. Him and a girl you’ve all yet to meet. Another blast from the past to reveal later.

her name is Emma and she’s like the MC.

Well that is ironic since I chose my MC’s name to be Emma…

Well then I’ll have to be more creative then.

Curious about the Chick -> Chickette change?

Dunno wanted to see how it felt.
That and give AA habit word.

May change it. And chick sounded weird to me :frowning: might jus be me.

When was the last time you heard anyone say “She’s a hot chickette” over “She’s a hot chick”?

Also you missed a gender thing:

“Alice told me that >> he’s<< known you for quite some time, mentioned you two met on the playground.” Alice would do that wouldn’t she.

And same page:

“>> He << told you?”

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that one must missed it cuz it’s recent.

And I was using chick as the fem side of dude in that regard… trying to find slang that fits easily with a buddy relationship.

Edit:may have to do a Lil research :slight_smile:

Ocean Foreweather. Case closed.

seems people are liking the drink to the face idea… I vote this should be the emotional way of handling him!

2 Likes

Knowing the girl that actually might fit :slight_smile:

For the second option… we’ll see, I’ve had some new ideas hit me fir how to go forward in this area.

@Faviasc you raise a good point but I’ll plead the fifth on that. First comment.

And for the second

well let’s say 11-12 and speaking with Lerner might she’d some light on that mystery

It’s totally fine if you want to call her Emma! I just thought it would be ironic.

1 Like

I’ve been fighting with this name for a while and am still not settled.
Originally wanted Polly but kinda clashes with Ollie.

I like the name Polly. I’ve never seen it used in a CoG before, weird…

@Faviasc I find Lerner’s empty flattery as a manipulative tactic, trying to get us to let our guard down and open up about deeper stuff and hopefully about our mental health. I’ve made my MC a normally calm character, not exactly happy with their mental health but lives with it as normally as she can, she’s very tight lipped about it too so this Lerner will have to pull every tactic in the book before he has even a slither of hope, which 80% of the time will lead to her either clamming up or getting annoyed, when annoyed she results to drastic moves and thus drinks will meet faces.

1 Like

I love you art style @snoe :smiley: keep it coming. lol.

1 Like

Turns out I’ve figured out how to use POLLS!!! yay,

I love voting and polls, so while this is just a tester, its also a something I want to find out.
Which Build Skill did you use?
While I’ll admit that there are more abilities in ‘tune’ with each build than just the ones mentioned these are the most noteable.

• Muscular= Intimidation/Power
  • Athletic= Agility/Stamina
  • Average= Subtlety/Chameleon
  • Childlike= Innocence/Small
  • Adonis/Curvy= Charm/Seduction

0 voters

1 Like

perhaps they’re one of these people who want to analyse somebody who possibly inherited it from a relative, so they get it from a personal perspective? It also says in his person of interest description that Lerner came on this date to find out about your mother rather than about you. Maybe because she was a confirmed schitzophrenic and it doesn’t know you have it yet.

1 Like

Question:

I imagine this comes up from time to time, esp with romance options. BUT as I am new to the CoG crowd pref in this regard, I’m considering one of two options when it comes to relationships,

Creating optional branches (at least in the WIP) of PG and 18+ love scenes. (kind of like how I display stats at the end of a choice)
Go to bed PG
Go to bed +18
or
Simply PG glazing over the details should things get steamy.

Don’t worry about my preferences in this regard. To be honest I learned alot of my writing ‘style’ with ADULT fiction. So that means this story is a few notches ‘cleaner’ than normal moral limits… :innocent:

EDIT: Oh and I’ve just come through another minor update. Still chipping away toward the chapter end.

1 Like

I like it so far it seems interesting to say the least :3 I’m excited to see what you do with the story tho

1 Like

I’d say just go for it, if you like writing adult fiction then do it, otherwise if you’re especially concerned about marketing and app-store censorship you can always just have a “fade to black” and let us use our own dirty imaginations.

Of course, if you really like writing adult stuff I’d prefer you do not let yourself be held back by potential censorship issues, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I agree in part with @idonotlikeusernames (btw I love/hate your icon idontlikeusernames)
I definitely agree with the writing what you like part! Writing is more fun if you’re not forced to hold yourself back. Plus I’m sure there are plenty of people here who’d have fun reading that
However, it will be a problem if you do want to get the game published later on and reach as wide of an audience as possible.
If I were you, I would just not worry about it for now, write whatever you want, and then before you submit it you can edit the game and tone the scenes down. That way you still get to write what you love, it’s still seen by an audience (us here in the CoG forums and whoever else you want to share it with!) and you get to make money!

1 Like

Then I’ll just branch a safe scene AND the maturest scene and let the readers decide. It’s easier to remove laterm then it is to go back and add in terms of creative flow.

Snoe gots ta be in the moment dudes

2 Likes