Moving to Twine! - Greater than Gods WIP

I loved the update! :heart: Especially the bus scenes with Evan, and the beginning of chapter two! The more light-hearted elements sprinkled in with the uncanny atmosphere in this new place MC ends up in works well, especially if you decide to go explore on your own…

I also really like the new colours for the chapter header, I see what you did there. :eyes:

1 Like

This update is very good…

1 Like

yessss I love this game! love all the personality customisation you can have, and the lore is already so interesting. I love Tegan and Evan sm, and I can’t wait to find out more about the new person :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: amazing work on the update!!

1 Like

aaaaa thank you all!!

hehehehe the Evan bus scene was from the most fun ones to write. And I did struggle to come up with a proper description for the place the MC finds themself in so I’m glad it gets through aaaa

I’m glad that someone picked that up as well :eye:

glad to hear :eye:

That’s def what it took me the most effort to nail down so I’m glad it comes through!! And trust me when I say there’s still lots of lore still to come…

Doesn’t their description sound familiar? :eye:

3 Likes

Loved the diversity about the R.o’s, just wish the transwoman was Bi/straight and maybe more R.o’s but i understand if you don’t add. Anyway, amazing story concept.

Tegan, who has a name and personality other than being trans, is a lesbian. It’s simply a part of her character that can’t be changed on a whim, and she will talk about her experiences as a trans lesbian in the game as well. There’s also lots of lesbophobia and lesbian erasure out there, which is close to what you’re doing right now, so watch your words. If you truly wish to romance a woman when playing as a man, Zophiel is right there. If you love the amount of diversity in the game, you should also love that Tegan is a lesbian.

As for more ROs, I’ve got more than enough on my plate with just four.

7 Likes

You’re right, you just have to respect the diversity that the author wants to put. At the beginning, all this transgender or non-binary genders made me something completely new, I think because I am Mexican and in my country they are very conservative … what I mean is that we still do not leave hateful comments. We simply let others be as they want to be and that others let us be as we want to be avoiding that this harms others. It is a right that if we respect, we will be paraphrasing a phrase from a former Mexican president. “Respect for the rights of others is peace”

3 Likes

Muchas gracias, coincido contigo plenamente. Como una persona no-binaria de Uruguay, tuve que aprender sobre el concepto completamente online, y no fue hasta años después de haberme empezado a identificar así que escuché a gente hablando sobre eso en persona, y la mayoría de las veces con poco respeto. Por eso quiero que mi juego y mi historia tengan una gran diversidad, tanto en identidades de genero, sexualidades, etnias y culturas, y que todas sean representadas apropiadamente. Así van a haber mas personas como vos y yo que aprenden sobre diferentes experiencias de las cuales quizá nunca hayan escuchado antes

2 Likes

Ahh the update was so worth the wait! I loved every second of it :heart:.

My favorite parts were when the initial impression of things being ‘normal’ takes a turn when that big bomb of information was dropped on MC near the end. It makes you realize why this was labeled as a modern fantasy haha. The build up to that was great and I also enjoyed the ways MC can react to Derya telling them the truth about our condition. The comedic/lighthearted moments in this are great as well!

Tegan and Evan own my heart and I can’t wait to get through this story with the power of friendship :relieved:. Also meeting that ‘mystery’ character…boy I sure wonder who that was :eyes:.

Just ahhh the premise of the story is super interesting and I can’t wait for more! Thank you for the update Cruz!

1 Like

ahhh thank you for your kind words Aster! I absolutely wanted to have that somewhat quick shift in chapter one in order to introduce the rest of the conflict better so i’m glad you enjoyed that!!!

And for sure, I want my story to keep a lighthearted tone even when dealing with heavier topics that are yet to come, your bonds and alliances also playing a big part throughout the rest. so make sure to keep everyone on their good side :relieved:

1 Like

It picked pace slowly, but is overall interesting. Loved the part with focusing; I hope picked character will majorly play later. Good job with the choices! I think I will read the update, good luck!

Hi everyone! While I’m glad about the support I have received on this community, I have decided for personal reasons that I don’t want my game to be affiliated with Choice of Games any longer.

I find that hosting my game on itch.io where I can be in full control of the content shown and keeping the full ownership of my content suits my needs better, and Twine offers a greater customization when compared to ChoiceScript which has allowed me to experiment on a million aspects I hadn’t even though of before. (it has a go back button!)

For these reasons and many others, all future updates will no longer be shared on Dashingdon nor this forum, and if you are invested in my story you will still be able to reach me for multiple other places such as my Tumblr and my Discord server.

Thank you all for letting me share what I’ve created!

6 Likes

Back button sounds great indeed. Good luck on itch.io, will check!