Movies based off books?

Can someone give me a list of movies based off books? I know Hunger Games, Twilight & Divergent are based off books but can someone tell me more movies that are based off books? I know there has to be some movies that I have no idea were based off books.

The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Last of the Mohicans, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide, Frankenstein, The Man in the Iron Mask, Musketeers (series), Indiana Jones (all its movies), Timeline, 2000 Odyssey, Percy Jackson, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (based on characters from many books, including some I mentioned).

If I think about some other movie I’ll mention it here.

The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

The vampire academy

@Samuel_H_Young @GoldenXan thanks, its cause I was talking to my friends about film adaptations & I didnt know that Jurassic Park was a book & Dr. Zhivago

The Hannibal movies the da vinci code

Fight club, choke, my favorite the only movie I like better than the book ; A Patch of Blue, youth and revolt, perks of being a wallflower, 12 years a slave, wizard of oz every Dr. Seuss movie. I would love a novel COG like Harry potter lol.

World War Z warning the movie is terrible
Edge of Tomorrow
Marley and Me

@Farmboy
World War Z was pretty good
War of the Worlds (book and radio skit), Forrest Gump, Total Recall

@WubWub117
World War Z would have been fine if I hadn’t read the book. As it was the only thing it did have in common with the book is there are zombies…

@Farmboy
True, but after watching all Harry Potters and both Hunger Games movies, I was getting kind of tired of always knowing what happens

That’s why I don’t read books and spend my day making homework, gaming and watching movies/tv

Well this could turn out to be a very long list. I’d say that most films are based on books. At least half, but probably more. The trouble is, most of the time people don’t know a film’s based on a book because the book’s not very famous.
If you want some good examples though, I’d say:
The Book Thief
The Lovely Bones
The Godfather
The Shawshank Redemption
Schindler’s List
The Princess Bride
Les Miserables (Film was based on the musical, musical was based on the book)
Pride and Prejudice
Alice in Wonderland
A Christmas Carol
Lord of the Flies
The Wizard of Oz
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Wind in the Willows
Wuthering Heights
Scarface
A Beautiful Mind
The Secret of NIHM
Die Hard
Of Mice and Men
Silence of the Lambs
Planet of the Apes
… I’m going to stop there or this list’ll just go on forever. Honestly, most films are based on books.

Abraham Lincoln vampire slayer

@Briar_Rose
I was going to say The Book Thief :stuck_out_tongue:

@Briar_Rose
the secret of nihm, I watched that movie like every week when I was little, part 1 and 2

Yey! Secret of NIHM has got to be one of the best kids films of all time :slight_smile:
… Part 2 is an abomination. Hang your head in shame! :stuck_out_tongue:

Awww man Lord of the flies would be an awesome COG

Well I know that the Swedish book ‘Let The Right One In’ is quite a blast. However there are two films based off the production:

1. The more accurate film ‘Let The Right One In’ (Warning get a subbed DVD as it is in Swedish)

2. And the slightly terrible American version ‘Let Me In’ (Which is kind of the same but less faithful to the books)

Personally, I feel the theatre production had been the best, well, second to the book of course!

Huh. I don’t remember the US “Let Me In” leaving out much from the Swedish one – but I saw them several years apart. And I haven’t read the book, but based on this synopsis I’m kind of glad – I can do without the characters being “far uglier and creepier than the movie’s comparatively sentimental versions.” :slight_smile: