More Things in Heaven & Earth – WIP (Updated 01/01/21)

Hello! The update was great, I feel like I got a much better introduction to the characters with the party scene!

There’s also something wonky with polonius and the throne room scene, unfortunately.

After I say that Hamlet is just grieving Polonius says that I told him Hamlet came to my room. There was no scene where this even could have happened. The closest I got was talking to Reynaldo about how I was kinda worried before he left and it jumped straight to dear old dad “slamming the door pointedly” and Marcella hovering outside the room. Also after polonius is dismissed (I accused him of lying if that makes any difference), when I chose to say I’d help the king I got the refusal scene instead.

1 Like

Will we get the “get thee to a nunnery” scene if we choose the right choices for it?

1 Like

I feel like I got a much better introduction to the characters with the party scene!

@ApplePi Aw yay - I’m glad the new additions did as I hoped! Thank you for flagging the coding weirdness - there are a few wonky bits I’m hoping to fix this weekend so fingers crossed it’ll all be square soon :slight_smile:

Will we get the “get thee to a nunnery” scene if we choose the right choices for it?

@UwU hell yes! There are a couple of ways to get this particular scene, but all of them involve going to see the King and Queen at court when given the choice between that and hanging with Rosencrantz/Guildenstern/Marcella.

3 Likes

I love this! I’m super excited to see where it goes.

I’m so excited to see where this goes! I love me some Shakespeare so seeing this just made me happy :slight_smile:

This is a lovely game, and I think it is a wonderful twist on Hamlet. I always enjoy seeing these stories told from a woman’s point of view (such as with Jean Townsend’s Guinevere) and I found More Things to be charming. For a first attempt at writing, it was very engaging!

I noticed some errors in pronouns for Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, but that is an easy fix.

I’m really glad that you shamelessly plug yourself in the subreddit because I had completely skipped over this!

Something that I would like to suggest is a choice for Ophelia to decide that, if applicable, she does like Hamlet after he made his confession. Maybe even during the beginning of the next chapter when she was thinking back on her friends fondly? The latter might be a good place to set Guildenstern’s and Rosencrantz’s flags too.

Right now, if she didn’t say she had a crush on him at the start, or flirted with him that one time early in the flashback, there are no other chances to reciprocate the guy.

eep, thank you all for your very kind comments everyone!

Something that I would like to suggest is a choice for Ophelia to decide that, if applicable, she does like Hamlet after he made his confession. Maybe even during the beginning of the next chapter when she was thinking back on her friends fondly?

@Greyscales you know, i’m really glad that you said this. i wanted to leave hamlet’s route a little more open, but i was kind of cautious about it coming across as being like “ophelia, do you fancy hamlet? are you SURE? okay but, really, DO YOU?” if you know what i mean haha. it’s good to know that it wouldn’t feel out of place for her to reflect on her feelings in the present day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I absolutely loved the update and can’t wait for more. Also I love the way other Ro’s are written every each one them has such a unique personality!

Totally! Despite it being the ‘canon route’ the play takes, so to speak, I’m glad Hamlet wasn’t pushed. Perhaps the choice to pick Ophelia’s romantic preference could be unlinked from setting up hamlet_romance too?