Monsters(WIP)- updated 04/27/17 -Link is updated

adult-fiction
gender-choice

Eh, I’m ruling in hell. I mean it’s not like anything he says is really important…right?

Just for fun (and to celebrate me finishing a long and repetitive final project)…my mental images of everyone! :grin:

Adam:
adam

Ashley:
ashley-6

Calliope:

Chelsea:

David:
david

Josh:

June:

Liam:
liam

Mike:
mike

Sam J:

April:
april

Jack:
jack

McCready:

Sean:

Sonya:

Haha, I knew Mike was the coolest!
Mcready’ picture is perfect
Sweet geese, the Sonya pic is uncanny, are they the same person?!
That Shawn photo👌

@Natman1025 Thanks! :slight_smile: And yes, they’re all the same…wait, I think I meant to submit the other one! That one’s a little…

Uno momento! :smile:

Hey, let’s say this is a 80 horror movie.
Which charecter do you think would die first if all the mcs went on a trip to a haunted cabin
My money is on David, baby face is the second most likely to die in any movie

OH GOD WHY MY EYES
Thanks, it looked like she has meatloaf or something in her mouth :confounded:

Ohh, FINE…I’ll switch it back to the original one. :grin:

@Natman1025 Alright, my emotional sadism has been satisfied now…:rofl: (Seriously, I found that last one on a Google search while trying to find the one I meant to find…and I thought…what will happen? :smile:)

First To Go to The Last: David, Adam, Sam J, Liam, Ashley, June, Josh

Yeah, David would probably be the first to go.Then Adam…or maybe they’d go together. Yeah, together. Both would die of sheer stupidity. The audience would be yelling at their screens “No, you idiot!” Red Shirts, both of them.

Sam J is both sweet and suicidal…so she could be the one who dies in some kind of ultimately futile self-sacrifice…or just through her clumsiness (it’s actually mentioned in her description), running through the woods half-naked (after having sex) and tripping over her own feet.

Liam is a smart guy, but this is a horror movie and he’s a guy who’s utterly useless in a fight. There’s no WAY any self-respecting traditional horror movie wouldn’t kill him off in an utterly failed forced physical confrontation with the villain.

Ashley can fight and has plenty of sass in her to entertain the audience, so she’d make it for a while…but she’s the slutty girl in a horror movie. She’s not making it to the end. Her libido will be her undoing in some sort of darkly ironic way.

June would make it for a while on her brains, even without the ability to fight to save her life…but she’s also got a bit of a…problem, with being slightly naive and gullible. That would be her undoing in the end…manipulated/tricked/betrayed to her death.

Josh would make it for a long time…he’s charismatic, he’s eye candy, he’s not completely useless in a fight…and he’ll screw others over to survive as needed. But someone like that can’t WIN in a traditional horror movie. He has to have a Karmic Death close to the end as comeuppance.

The Survivors: Calliope, Chelsea, Mike

Calliope, our little habitual thief, has her street smarts to keep her alive.

Chelsea’s a genius and not weighed down by deep emotional bonds…she’d come up with a strategy to make it out.

Mike would go Rambo and fight his way out in a gratuitous and overdone but awesome action sequence.

This is my stats by the way! Finally get around to share it.

i can totally see April looking like that :sweat_smile:

You can be very lazy… or have a lot of patience.

I feel like that would get in the way of every other sin
Mc :I am gonna kill you!
Random Johnny: No!
Mc: falls asleep mid swing
RJ: runs off
Mercy+3

I’ll probably have to redo these when a more specific description is given, but…

MC’s Mommy Dearest:

mc mother

The first picture is her predatory, greedy look whenever the MC’s dad turned his back.

CJ:

I can’t look at CJ’s picture without groaning or rolling my eyes a little. That face, those over the top “I’m a badass, yo” clothes…:laughing: But that’s the vibe CJ gave off…over the top, trying way TOO hard to be tough and badass. And this kid somehow joined an actual gang…no wonder he got shot. (RIP CJ)

You and I have very different definitions of innocent.

Wha- what’s he doing with his face?

Mmm…you know, looking at that picture again…I must have been very tired when I posted that descriptor. :sweat_smile: Alright, that’s her predatory look when the MC’s dad turned his back.

He’s stoned. :smile: (Just say no, kids. Don’t do drugs, don’t drink, don’t join a gang, and don’t potentially have a fling with a 12 year old Sonya. Just don’t do it, promise?)

Wouldn’t have a fling with hot now Sonya, besides 12 is a year too illegal to me anyway, never mind gross.

I instantly thought that she put something his drink with that look.

Oh, okay. Well. Sloth. I just wanted to say the first two words. 20 characters reached, so yeah.

Dear everyone,

I appreciate your patience. I am working with myself to figure out how to get back into good writing habits, as this particular matter has not been in good sorts for some time. One thing I’m finding quite wonderful is a series of youtube videos called ‘Writing Excuses’, by Brandon Sanderson, whose novels I have been reading lately. It’s essentially him teaching a class- and so, a number of bits of advice and explanations in these videos are mind-blowingly helpful, at least, so I find.

One thing touching on this, is something I find personally the case here. There are times when conversation gets kicked off, here on this forum thread. It takes off- and in a few days there are several dozen posts. It can be incredibly tempting for me to jump in and add comments… and sometimes I think it’s right to. But there are times when the conversation seems fueled by my absence from it. As a writer, it’s something I’m continuing to learn- all the things that are best for me when it comes to writing. And sometimes I still discover things.

The difference between binge-writing and slow-and-steady writing, for example. It seems, apparently, I actually accomplish more words-to-page when I binge-write. Even though I feel more accomplished when slow-and-steady. There’s apparently a snap-back, though. After so much writing, I eventually need time to break and enjoy my time in other ways. Now though, I’m feeling unbalanced until I can get back into writing as I was. I’m going to attempt what I can this month to write a lot- but it may be best for me to actually report at the end of the month how it’s gone, than to report now how things will go. Makes sense, yes?

One thing is- if something feels off; and in my case it’s about writing, but it can be anything really, for anyone- the only person that can really truly fix it is the person that feels that something is off. Be it with help, or without it, only the one person is going to be able to know when that ‘off’ feeling has set itself to right. Personal balance. I’m not in my best balance, but I can finally say I’m trying to figure out how to get there. I don’t know if I’m ‘crawling out of the woodwork’ or if I’m still lurking until I feel back to my old self in terms of writing- but either way; here I am, empty handed as of right now except for my enthusiasm. The sooner I get something for you all to see, the better I’m going to feel. I can say that much.

Also? If you ever do feel that you’re struggling with your own writing, listen to professional writers talk. Brandon Sanderson’s Writing Excuses is great, but also watching interviews for other writers such as Patrick Rothfuss or Steven King- can help unclog whatever is gumming up the works.

Anyway, I’m here in order to promise work. Not, alas, results. But… to work, and that’s something.

Oh I just have to share THIS. April actually meets the criteria of not one, not two, but THREE personality disorders. :grin:

Info lifted from https://psychcentral.com/

(1) Narcissistic Personality Disorder (like we didn’t all know :laughing:)

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), and an overwhelming need for admiration. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

Other Note (I wrote this part): Overt narcissists display their self-centeredness and superiority complex openly and obviously for the world to see. April is an overt narcissist. (Of course, if you want a RL glaring example of an overt narcissist, simply look at the current occupant of the White House. :roll_eyes:) Covert narcissists are more subtle in their disdain and self-absorption. Sean is a covert narcissist.

(2) Paranoid Personality Disorder

People with paranoid personality disorder are generally characterized by having a long-standing pattern of pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others. A person with paranoid personality disorder will nearly always believe that other people’s motives are suspect or even malevolent.

Individuals with paranoid personality disorder are generally difficult to get along with and often have problems with close relationships. Their excessive suspiciousness and hostility may be expressed in overt argumentativeness, in recurrent complaining, or by quiet, apparently hostile aloofness. Because they are hypervigilant for potential threats, they may act in a guarded, secretive, or devious manner and appear to be “cold” and lacking in tender feelings. Although they may appear to be objective, rational, and unemotional, they more often display a labile range of affect, with hostile, stubborn, and sarcastic expressions predominating. Their combative and suspicious nature may elicit a hostile response in others, which then serves to confirm their original expectations.

Because individuals with paranoid personality disorder lack trust in others, they have an excessive need to be self-sufficient and a strong sense of autonomy. They also need to have a high degree of control over those around them. They are often rigid, critical of others, and unable to collaborate, and they have great difficulty accepting criticism.

• Suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her

• Is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates

• Is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her

• Reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events

• Persistently bears grudges (i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights)

• Perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others, and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack

• Has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

(3) Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (DIFFERENT DISORDER THAN OCD)

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is characterized by a preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency.

When rules and established procedures do not dictate the correct answer, decision making may become a time-consuming, often painful process. Individuals with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder may have such difficulty deciding which tasks take priority or what is the best way of doing some particular task that they may never get started on anything.

They are prone to become upset or angry in situations in which they are not able to maintain control of their physical or interpersonal environment, although the anger is typically not expressed directly. For example, a person may be angry when service in a restaurant is poor, but instead of complaining to the management, the individual ruminates about how much to leave as a tip. On other occasions, anger may be expressed with righteous indignation over a seemingly minor matter.

• Is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost

• Shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)

• Is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)

• Is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)

• Is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things

• Adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes

• Shows significant rigidity and stubbornness

And depending on just how much joy she actually gets out of killing and torturing people she hates, and how much of that is real and how much is an act, April may or may not fit Sadistic Personality Disorder too.

(It’s okay April, it all makes you an absolutely fascinating psychological study. :grin: She probably shouldn’t have that lighter though…:cold_sweat:)

Great job very well done and interesting.