Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

Benny the Goblin. Benny the Goblin.

4 Likes

I donā€™t knowā€¦ I like the man-eaters first and foremostā€¦ then Artemis at thirdā€¦

I usually only play this game with one of two characters in mind:

A cocky rebellious, hedonistic male vampire who only does anything out of self-interest (still not sure what these interests are supposed to be, but gaining power is definitely one of them). I always imagine him with a suit. I donā€™t care what you think about a teenager wearing a suit, this bastard is wearing a suit.

Or, alternatively, a male wendigo whoā€¦ I have no idea where Iā€™m going with. For now Iā€™m trying to get him with the Vamp girl (Sorry, been a while since I last played the game so I forgot her name), and making him someone who prefers to just lay low. Other than thatā€¦ Not sure what to do with him. Must always have long hair. It might contradict with laying low, but screw it. I want this guy to look as feminine as possible despite being straight. Because why? Anime. Thatā€™s why.

Iā€™ve tried all the other racesā€¦ Just not sure what to do with them. Iā€™m thinking of playing a female character for once, one of these days. Probably as a werewolf (Iā€™d like to think of characters for every race).

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure someoneā€™s already said this,and Iā€™ll say it again.

We need more cuddle scenes with Wendy.

10 Likes

Only happy to help :slight_smile: Iā€™ve caught one more thing: in character_creation, the asexual choice for crush leads to *set orientation ā€œnotinterestedā€ but later scenes check against orientation ā€œasexual.ā€

NerdWolf did in fact take the flirty dialog with Hunter, largely because it was too hilarious to pass up. However, he freaked out and backed off once Artemis asked about his intentions. Also, is it just me, or is Artemis way scarier than Hunter?
(NerdWolf also thinks Caleb is cute but feels that that would probably be a bad ideaā€¦)

But yeah, for a character with such a small amount of screentime so far, Loren really stands out. Justā€¦ the nuzzle. It is adorable. All the nuzzle.
If I had any fanart ability it would be NerdWolf and Loren with the nuzzle :heart:

NerdWolf would like some tutoring from him. One never knows where that might leadā€¦

Actually, on that note, I was wondering, to what extent will it be possible to initiate romances at later points? Like, if you didnā€™t choose the ā€œthis person is cuteā€ option at the outset, but start to see the character in a different light after interacting some while? E.g. someone might not find Benny cute just seeing him shallowly, but after talking might appreciate him more. Someone might be terrified of Wendy at first but after talking start to develop feelings for her. Someone might not consider Hunter/Artemis to be cute when being all scowly, but start to feel that way after starting to get through to them. (Specifically, the Congratulations, youā€™re slowly getting through to ${h_dir_pronoun}. Scene in progress. strikes me as a point where someone who wasnā€™t interested in Hunter might start to be. GlamGoblin in particular :wink: )

Also, back to Benny the Goblin, he bears an uncomfortable resemblance to myself in high school, down to having nearly the same name. The biggest different, admittedly a significant one, is that I was never into making things. Oh, and also the being a goblin thing.

Including platonic cuddles? :wolf: :hugging: NerdWolf cautiously luffs Wendy and is hoping they can be friends, though he is being careful in case she turns out devoury.

2 Likes

Wendigo: Best to cuddle, best to play as. Something about extreme sadness just draws me in

5 Likes

That is why the scene with Artemis/Hunter and Wendy (and Victoria) is my favorite (where you can relate what happened to your mom).

1 Like

Too female to cuddle as an RO, but a perfect MC for pursuing Hunter. :blush:

1 Like

This for all the people planning on being/are succubas girls/boys . I couldnā€™t resist :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™m standardizing everything in this edit, but theyā€™re actually two different flags. ā€œAsexualā€ refers to only that, whereas ā€œnotinterestedā€ is someone who has no interest in relationships. Asexual MCs have a romantic gender preference (male/female/both), so the quickest way to refer back to ā€œnotinterestedā€ is by *if preference=ā€œneitherā€.

Itā€™s something Iā€™m working on, but Iā€™d like to give every character at least one obvious opportunity to change their status to ā€œlove interestā€ after the initial assessment. Unless the MC stated to begin with that sex and relationships just arenā€™t their cup of tea.

There are already multiple opportunities to change how you think about other characters, so becoming more or less interested in someone fits with that mechanic.

1 Like

That is very nice to hear, and the detailed thought process behind your reasoning is a very nice share. That does bring up the question of saying; the succubus MC that just loves everyone (or other MCs that are just open to all), or is that too much work to add in?

Sorry, could you clarify the question? For MCs that are open to relationships with anyone, theyā€™d just be tagged as orientation=ā€œbisexualā€, preference=ā€œbothā€. And as of now, all ROs are bi/ā€œplayersexualā€.

Iā€™ve been wonderingā€¦how many roā€™s do you plan to make ok with having another ro on the side? I canā€™t help it, i love monster girl musumeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m always super into learning about RO in WIPs and all of these are great but as soon as I had to option to smooch a garbage boy I made my decision truly the folly of man

Iā€™m excited to see where this goes!

Was thinking a succubus would be in the more of polyamorous area, so they might pursue anyone that gives them the time of day. So stating you will set flags to set in (lock) romances, so for those characters that tend to wander ;). Round about way of asking if there is option for a poly romance.

3 Likes

While replaying this as a werewolf I noticed something curious, the Werewolf MC pretty much states that their kind are more related with wolf/dogs than chimpanzees and orangutans

((Like when their explain that their team mates looks more like monkeys and such))

I wonder if at other levels they are also related with wolfs/dog like donā€™t know, chocolate is poisonous for them or they fell uneasy near cats or cat monsters?

1 Like

Yes, there is polyamory in this game, and yes, a succubus/incubus is non-monogamous by default. Search this thread for ā€œpolymonsteryā€ for the post with more information by species.

MCs will be able to date up to three characters, if theyā€™re mutually compatible characters.

11 Likes

Thanksā€¦been here since day oneā€¦musta missed that.

2 Likes

There are more little quirks that may show up throughout the game, but for the animal thing, cats tend to be uneasy around them. While werewolves have some rapport with larger predators, especially canines, most other animals are afraid of them. Their instincts tell them that a giant wolf is standing in front of them, which (in human form) doesnā€™t even have ears or a tail to inform them of their mood.

Not really, at least not until the main game is done. :sweat_smile: We already have the five main monsters to date (if you arenā€™t playing as them), Taylor, Hunter or Artemis, Loren or Katie (werewolves), the servant (vampires), and the live-in lover (demons.) That isnā€™t counting any brief encounters when vampires or demons are feeding.

If you want more than twelve romances, I encourage you to start writing fan fiction. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Hehe thanks for answering it was just a curiosity of mine ^^