Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

I may have made a typo there. Pooka is the right spelling. I also love the names for the monsters. I love the Tepes name for the Vampire MC. For the Pooka character I was thinking of last names like Goodfellow, and Aberon, (Goodfellow is Puck Goodfellow, Aberon is a bastardized version of Oberon.)

2 Likes

Pooka.

I need this in my life.

1 Like

Yeah I love of the suggested names, the goblin has Seely which I really liked as a reference to the Seelie courts of the fairies. And Filius is funny too, Professor Flitwick allegedly being related to goblins. And thereā€™s Bogart for the last name which I like for nostalgic reasons, one of my favourite childrenā€™s books was about a Boggart. Itā€™s great to see so much thought put into the names.

5 Likes

I wonder what names the author would give us for a merfolk character. For a mermaid I would expect to see Ariel for one of the choices. LOL Iā€™m a Disney geek.

Piers Anthony have a family of Pookas in hi Xanthe books. They are ghost horses who are real only if they have chains wrapped around their bodies. Their names are Pook (the dad), Peek (the Mom) and Pookie (the baby).

1 Like

Ariel is probably the only decent name I can think of for a merfolk character as well. Unsurprising as she easily one of the most popular mermaids in fiction. I remember I even had The Little Mermaid game on I think it was the Sega? So sheā€™s all over the place. I canā€™t come up with any decent names. Fish related is probably a good idea, maybe Piscine or something similar. And merfolk are always associated with Atlantis so maybe Atlantean for a last name. Female demons get Lilith which is brilliant because Lilith was pretty much the mother of all demons in lore.

6 Likes

What about Sirena? Or Aquamarine, Andrina, Aquata.

2 Likes

For the cannon Merfolk character I would go for a mermaid named Ariel Piscine, and sheā€™s a redhead with green eyes and a light tan. The character should use a wheelchair to get around, because of being basically a fish from the waist down when in water and have legs on dry land would make her rather clumsy and weak on legs.

1 Like

Piscina is pool in spanish so Is fun

2 Likes

I think if there was a Merfolk id name them Arthur Curry. for obvious reasons to some people Right,Right?? :sweat:

1 Like

For a male merman Iā€™ll use Arthur Curry, because of Aquaman. Or what about witch as a race of monster? Thereā€™s a ton of names for a witch character! Thereā€™s Morgana and Evie for girls and for boys thereā€™s Merlin, and Ged for boys.

hmmā€¦ Marie Laveau or maybe Nessarose
for the guys Abramelin or Adam Warlock

Edit: Elvira would be the cliche response

1 Like

Just asking, but why has the conversation now about merfolk?
(Been dead on this thread for a bit :slight_smile:)

1 Like

It is my educated opion that without a doubt absolut factā€¦i donā€™t know, magic maybe i wasnā€™t paying attention. Blame the wolf he kept taking off his shirt every 5 seconds distracting me.

I think people are just speculating about what names some monsters might have if they were ever introduced as characters. :yum:

4 Likes

Oh right, that makes sense.

Or a Zombie character! For male Zombies thereā€™s only one name: R!! LOL

It would be pretty hard for a zombie to blend it with humans,thoughā€¦

Then again,a bit of makeup can do wonders.

1 Like

Even though I play a goblin: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqx4ywmqYUw

So even though everyone else kinda glossed over the idea I really liked the devilfish monster from haida folklore XD just wanted to get that opinion out there. Even though my favorite playable race is the wendigo Iā€™d absolutely love something that leans (or i could just imagine it XD) toward lovcraftian monsters like cthulhu or the king in yellow

1 Like