Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

There is an error with Carl’s lunch. If going as a Wendigo, I replied with this option:
You’ll do your best to beat him; you have a point to prove.
And I got this
lunch_hour line 1170: invalid indent, expected 4, was 3

1 Like

Really? You mean the option when you first approach his table and goes something like “Hi, Carl. You mind if I sit here?” I just did a really quick run and didn’t run into that error. Does it still pop up if you open the link in a private window? :open_mouth:

There’s always one of those. :sweat: I just fixed it.

You either chose something slightly different, or tried it right after I uploaded the new one. Thanks for checking it out, though. :slight_smile:

grins Yep, you just fixed the error in the few minutes since. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yay! New update!:grinning:

Now here’s a question i’ve been meaning to ask.Will we be able,at some point in the game,to piss off every single other monster going to our school,so that we can have an all out battle royale with them?

That’d be so kewl…

1 Like

Minor gender agreement:

Original:
Artemis folds her arms and addresses you.

He says, “Insults in class are petty, okay? We have much bigger issues between us than sniping at each other in English. I’ll stop if you will.”

Suggestion:
As you can see, Artemis is in the first line, and speaks, but the second line has “He says…”

Looks like Hunter managed to wiggle his way in there. Or vice versa. :yum:

Oh, one of my testers mentioned that but I forgot I hadn’t fixed it. Thanks!

…Um, no. If you try really hard to be an asshole, after killing a couple of monsters in the main playthrough, you can retire in the epilogue to be a stodgy isolationist who picks fights with everybody. But there are no plans for a four-on-one Thunderdome, if that’s what you’re asking.

3 Likes

I decided to play as a Wendigo, and my very first name option was Wendel.

Now I remember why I loved this game so much.

3 Likes

grins I do love Sashira’s writing style, and humor…as well as the moments of strength, and softness that arise when appropriate.

Of course, I realize she can’t expand everything, but it definitely leaves for some great fanfic fodder. In one playthrough, I had my vampiress fall in love with the ‘servant’ who was more of an older sister type…

I appreciated that one of the wendigo name options was Rune Jackal. A name I have used several times before for various rpg type games.

I was playing as a Wendigo and did Day 2’s English homework, but couldn’t access the “I completed the homework” option at the end of the demo. Is that because the homework-doing section is still under construction?

All of those options there are still under construction. :yum: The last one’s the biggest wink at that: “You choose something else, because this bit is in progress.”

1 Like

Hey @Sashira I briefly skimmed the last 50 or so posts to see if this had been asked, and search is wacking me out so sorry if this has been answered before but…

I’m a little confused on the starting stats as the werewolf. It looks like they start out as loner. Why is this? When playing as the other monsters, Carl is the popular jock and in some scenes with him it refers to how he has a “human pack” and during his running scene on the field how he likes to run with a partner as it feels more like a pack.

Basically, if I’m playing a werewolf who is also the star athlete who is instinctively drawn towards having a pack, be it wolves or humans, why am I starting off as a loner? Shouldn’t being the star player automatically make me popular by default?

Anyway I love how you have written the Wendigo. I’m currently playing as one who is self loathing and wants nothing more than to be “normal” and it is very interesting. Great work :smiley:

2 Likes

If I remember and understand correctly, the Popular and Loner stats act a li’l differently when it comes to the Werewolf. I mean, regardless of whether you’re leaning towards Loner or not, your 'wolf is still the star athlete of the school. Think of them more as factors that influence what role your 'wolf could take on.:spy:

Yes, but doesn’t matter if your the star athlete on the field, your still unpopular off field and tend to be alone if your stats are more on the loner side, but if you choose to be popular off field as well as on field then you shall have a higher popular stat. Have I got that right?

Hm… I meant it more in the sense that, even if you actively seek out to be a loner as a 'wolf, the fact that your 'wolf is the star athlete means that, by default, there’s a certain amount of popularity already attributed to you. People are still gonna fawn over your athleticism much in the same way a 'cubus can’t exactly be an isolationist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I’d said, those two stats are a li’l different for 'wolves. :spy:

2 Likes

Ok I understand now thanks @Lithophene
Reading back I noticed one thing, and it was only because I’m the NO.1 DC universe fan. You guys said that there is a character in the story called Artemis (which I haven’t noticed until today :sweat_smile:) and there is also a character in DC who’s hero is called Artemis, and that’s key because she is known as one of the Teen Titans best assassins, it was also recently found out that her original origins were filed as unknown so who knows… Had to put the SPOILER up because I didn’t want to ruin it for the people who were behind the DC series :smile:, but that should explain what I mean.

Artemis is Hunter’s twin sister. If you flirted with Hunter, she confronts you about your intentions with him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, most characters named Artemis tend to be a reference to the Greek goddess, Artemis. I only remember a li’l of DC’s Artemis from Young Justice, but considering she used a bow, it’s probably still inspired by her. She is the Goddess of the Hunt, after all. If that and her twin brother’s names weren’t the biggest winks at the two of them being monster hunters, I don’t even know what to say. :joy:

4 Likes

Heh, I admit I would have expected Hunter’s name to be Orion the…well…Hunter.

2 Likes