Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

My goblin had simply assumed that he and Taylor shared a similar obsession for scientific research and a similar set of priorities that placed an emphasis on behaving responsibly. While he wasn’t expecting sex to be anywhere near the top of her list, he will be surprised that it isn’t on her list at all, and that will be an issue. She may get friend-zoned as a result, or maybe they’ll come to some sort of poly arrangement. I don’t know.

Wendy’s dietary habits creep my goblin out, and he doesn’t seem to have as much in common with Victoria as he does with Taylor, so Taylor is his first choice. Victoria is also kind of hard to approach and he’s a bit shy.

1 Like

This new route for Taylor seema like a interesting change, she/he was kinda bland in the middle of all the monsters. also romancing an asexual Taylor with a demon looks fun, but would probably not end well.

I have no idea who the other wolf ro candidates are but I at least wanted to romance the two siblings

2 Likes

Speaking of the two siblings, my demon has his sights very firmly set on Artemis. She will be his. The hunt is on!

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised?

1 Like

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Right in the feelz man!

By siblings I actually meant Katie and Loren, but hey, I have my sights in Artemis too^^

Hmm…my demon didn’t meet either Katie or Loren in my play-throughs…

I believe only Wolves get to meet them, unless something’s changed.

Yeah they are werewolf exclusive, I might have been unclear in my post sorry.

My Goblin will likely respect Wendy’s needs, just as long as she’s not actively going out of her way to kill people so she can eat them. Same goes with Victoria, really. She is harder to approach, true, though nothing as bad as Chantal who my Goblin is very nervous of.

I remember playing “Creatures Such as We” and one of the issues being discussed in the game was that romance-able video game characters really couldn’t properly consent because you can make them say yes somehow no matter what. Is that something you’re trying to get away from by possibly making Taylor asexual and the whole polymonstery thing? I dig that the way you romance people in choice games is changing. RO’s are becoming their own characters and not just possible partners for the MC to pick from, which you show especially in this game. Kudos :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I don’t know about you, but I’ve always felt that all of the ROs so far introduced here all have a certain depth to their character beyond just being partners to pick from. It’s kind of inevitable considering each of them [the highschoolers that is], in theory, have the potential to be the main protagonist of the story depending on who you choose to play as. Likely, all we’ve really seen so far is just… flirting. We haven’t really gotten the opportunity to see what the characters think beyond blushing and being bashful.

I’m sure most of them (except maybe the 'cubus) could have one hefty reason to turn down the MC. Carl could ultimately choose the pack over your MC. Hunter/Artemis could refuse you for simply not being human later on. Benny could choose to stay loyal to the goblins and find a goblin partner. Taylor could just not be interested that way. And so on and forth. I’ve never seen them as just ROs. They all have their own plights and struggles… except maybe the 'cubus. The ‘cubus just seems to be livin’ it up, honestly. :joy:

6 Likes

@BoltSterling You haven’t thought that argument through to it’s logical conclusion have you. Well, even without that there’s the simple fact that as a player you aren’t actually interacting with the characters in a video game. Your avatar is. Within the context of the game everyone is on equal footing. If that’s not enough well, seriously. Take that argument of yours to it’s logical conclusion. I really don’t want to say it out loud because it’s an insult to every genuine survivor.

Uh I’m not really arguing anything. I think the argument brought up in Creatures was interesting but I don’t really have that strong an opinion. I just like that RO’s are becoming more well rounded so they’re not just RO’s, they’re characters.

All I’m saying is you should think about the logical conclusion of that line of thinking if you suggest it, because from what I can figure it’s really messed up.

I understand where you’re coming from, I do; but I think what @Shoelip may possibly be getting at is the suggestion that Taylor is a well-rounded character BECAUSE she’s asexual, since somebody who experiences sexuality instantly becomes an option for the MC rather than a fleshed-out character/person. People are as well-rounded as you make them. Or am I missing something underlying that you suggested?

I’m pretty sure @Shoelip is referring to the fact Bolt’s post essentially alludes to assaulting the ROs and how it can be seen as both offensive and potentially triggering to actual survivors of that kind of trauma. It’s all in the phrasing, man. Gotta be careful with that.

@Lithophene Yeah, that one. Though more specifically how far you could take that without any real leaps in logic. I didn’t want to speak about it directly as I tend to word things about as sensitively as an angry walrus.

2 Likes

Interesting. But to view the options within the game as a potential basis for assault takes quite a leap unless you’re actively looking for that. I’m not going to pretend that I have a problem with the concept of ‘triggering’ despite the connotation it has picked up, but how exactly are you supposed to avoid that without going too far?