Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

Found another moment I could have with Carl if he is my RO:

7 Likes

Im guessing the creator knows about these and i just missed a post about these but its good to make a reminder

1 Like

Wait a second. CONFIDENCE is a stat?

Dude. No one told me this.

How do I max this dammit? I canā€™t have a supremely arrogant vampire without a maxed-out confidence stat.

6 Likes

got this.

1 Like

There is alot of things that dont work yet but the creator of this works hard on this and will soon fix the attractive stats since they have been removed

Ive been wondering for a while it says goblins are hard to kill does that mean that a gun / stab wound wont kill them due to regenaration or tough skin?

I dont know alot about goblins.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, they arenā€™t stated to have regeneration so I believe that itā€™s the latter - tough skin gives them high durability. Getting shot or stabbed wonā€™t work on them, yesā€¦ in some cases getting blasted in the face wonā€™t work too but I think that this can be ignored via magic. Their durability might depend from their age too.
Adult Goblins > Kid Goblins in terms of durability.

There is also the fact that what you see is not what you get with goblins since their appearance is actually a glamor hiding their true looks. An attacker might think theyā€™re shooting at the heart when itā€™s actually just the shoulder or something. It would be much harder to hurt them if you canā€™t find the vulnerable points.

4 Likes

Do you think that this glamour can affect their whole body or just the face because if its a illusion then they will always be small people with high intelligence? Because if glamour works on the whole body then cant they make themselves 10 foot tall giants and be uneffected if they are attaked in a body part higher then there height so if they are hit in the face (when they are 10 foot tall) it wont affect them as it is a illusion.

Not sure how @Sashira interprets the glamor, but my understanding is that itā€™s a very low level illusion so that it can be maintained instinctively, like breathing. Therfore the effect is limited. Slightly prettier face or slightly slimmer physical appearance. Maybe add an inch or two of height but nothing extreme.

1 Like

Youā€™ve nailed it on the head; Glamour will work in whatever way @Sashira pictures it.

If one looks at the various stories of the Fae, Glamour can go from low level illusions like Goblins in Monsters does all the way to full sensory effects - changing tastes, hearing, smell, etc.

That said, it might be possible for a Goblin to even be able to tweak their glamour. Your example of someone making themselves more beautiful might be in the realms of possibility.

Of course, given how most Goblins arenā€™t concerned about appearance, someone spending time on that would probably be considered superficial by the rest of Goblin society.

5 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying this game! Iā€™ve noticed two minor things.

1. In Day 1 playing as a Wendigo, The family that runs the mortuary I work at are referred to as The Andersons but in Day 2, theyā€™re called the Mortons.

The second thing is that the ghoul entry for the Monster Codex has the text of the werewolf entry in it as well.

Thanks again for the wonderful WIP!!

5 Likes

I really enjoy being a sort of lazy werewolf jock who just wants to be Alpha of his pack and make Artemis fear him. This demo never gets old.

Just something going through my mind. Itā€™s probably more on the bad side than good side for humor.

Hunter: snorts So, is doggie style your favorite position?
Carl: Doggie is the word a child uses. Why are you letting children watch such things?
Hunter: sputters
Carl: Besides, I much prefer wolf style. When Iā€™m done, you will be howling to the moon in pleasureā€¦"

17 Likes

Itā€™s because they are intelligent, they are hard to beat because of their inventions I think.

1 Like

Consider the following; Kitsune

So is this a forgotten project or is the author still working on this ??

Iā€™m pretty sure the author hasnā€™t abandoned this project.

Itā€™s just that life is a bitch and can distract you from certain things.

12 Likes

OK that is reassuring because I really enjoyed the demo

Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be an update eventualy.

In the mean time, why not check out other great WIPā€™s on this forum?