Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

This is awesome! Already grade A material!

Just tried the demo and I really liked it. Excited to see how the story will turn out.

Just wondering some things

1. How often is the beta updated?
  2. Will this be a one shot story or will it be a series?

@NeoHeartless I hope this answers your questions.

1 Like

Hello everyone - Iā€™m really busy this month trying to get out my part of a comic, so Iā€™m temporarily closing this thread.

Iā€™ve been working on scenes for day 2 whenever I have a spare hour, so Iā€™ll probably have a full update when I come back to this. So cheers, Iā€™ll be around the forums when I find the time, and donā€™t worry about the game.

What is dead cannot die. And at least a couple of these folks are undead.

34 Likes

On my list for a reading @Sashira - I have a little of a backlog but Iā€™ll get here, I promise.

Also, Iā€™m happy to see an update. Youā€™ve been working hard on getting it out.

After a long hiatus, welcome back to New Haven, and a new version of the WIP demo. Iā€™ve gotten seriously back to work, so expect more updates every week or so.

New/updated in this version:

• Morning of Day 2 - just released, including a sinister development in first period. Will you investigate, or is High School already too overwhelming?
  • MonsterNet - the internet by and for monsters, updates with new articles each in-game day (introduced Day 2.)
  • GPA calculation - check your GPA from the stat screen (opportunities to earn grades on Day 1 still being coded.)
  • Monster Codex - as you meet monsters or hear them mentioned, they get an entry off of the stat screen with more details.
  • Locker room scene - added to Day 1 gym. Trans or non-binary characters will experience the most differences through the ā€œuncomfortable part of your dayā€ option; the ā€œreservedā€ option focuses on species differences.
  • Edits, etc. - Minor changes and updates to distinguish the species and clarify what each can do.

In progress:

• Day 2 is ongoing
  • A few missing scenes (most are marked in advance)
  • Aromantic/asexual coding midway through implementation
55 Likes

Sorry about my post in rushing if you read it, how insensitive of that. Sorry didnā€™t know you where doing other big things. Thatā€™s super cool you have a comic, what kind of genre if you donā€™t mind me asking?

1 Like

Yay!!!:laughing::smiley::joy: this is backā€‹:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Seriously, @bl00dragon, just leave a like. Iā€™ve seen that particular clip pop up waaaaaayyyyyy too often lately.

2 Likes

okay, sorry I was so hyped up I couldnā€™t help myself.

Oh and by the way @Sashira , is the demo updated yet ? Because, unless I missed something, it seems I am unable to access the new content.

2 Likes

Welcome back. :smiley:

Welpā€¦Iā€™m off to play the new update. Been looking forward to it. ^^

Oh, thank you!! I accidentally uploaded the new scenes to my backup folder instead of my public folder. Just fixed it.

4 Likes

And here I was hurting my head trying to figure out if I did something wrong, or if the karma has finally decided to punish me for my wrongdoings by forbidding me to try the new content :smirk:.

1 Like

Hi @Sashira, I really like what you added, though it looks a bit odd that the lunch break scene in the first day isnā€™t finished yet, while a large part of the second day is already present. I also caught a few things that probably arenā€™t the way theyā€™re supposed to be. (I was playing as a vampire, by the way.)

Sandy, Calebā€™s number one sycophant (who is, incidentally, a harpy) Sandy is also in your science class.
Sandyā€™s name is mentioned twice in this sentence, where one would have sufficed.

Mr. Addams , the science teacher, sits down at his desk to take attendance. seeming totally unsurprised that Caleb isnā€™t present.
attendance,

unknown, as usual, is in her own little world.
I get the feeling this is referring to the vampire NPC that isnā€™t supposed to show up if the MC is a vampire. (It happens during the first period of the second day)

Hunterā€™s mouth twitches as if to smile before he catches hisself.
himself

It also seems the monster net file is missing. It gives a 404 error if trying to access it.

4 Likes

Good Luck with your Comic

This is just yes :grinning:

EDIT : [quote=ā€œDevilTheCupcake, post:1786, topic:7014ā€]
I did notice that when youā€™re given the choice to go on MonsterNet, the game gives a 404 error message.
[/quote]

I also got that , but I thought my internet was at fault , so I didnā€™t mind it .

This used to be my favorite WIP (itā€™s still one of my favorites), and the fact that itā€™s youā€™re updating again makes me very happy :blush: However, I did notice that when youā€™re given the choice to go on MonsterNet, the game gives a 404 error message.

Minor formatting thing if you play as the succubus:

Original:
You may not be able to change your species, but you can[/] change your face whenever you want, and have tried to build your image with the right clothes. Your style isā€¦

Suggestion:
Part of the middle sentence is italicized, and probably due to a command not finishing such as the [/] after can.

1 Like