Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

I think it’s because you can play as a 'Cubus, Vampire, Werewolf, Wendigo and Goblin, but cannot play as a Human (Taylor) until the Magic Forum WIP Mage gives me the 3 wishes I on fair and square!

1 Like

Take your time to get better! You need to look after your health first and foremost.

I’m glad the overall reaction to the cover is positive. I gave @Owlet a lot of feedback and detail about how these characters look in my head, so this is more or less the “canon appearance” for the major NPCs.

@fairlyfairfighter is right - the monsters on the cover are the main five playable species. This is the “non-Glamoured”/non-shifted appearance of each (except for Carl, who is showing his ears as a nod to his other form.)

Victoria actually does have fangs! At the scale of this picture, vampire fangs are too small to see. Owlet was concerned about that, but I reassured her that Victoria and I knew they were there. I have a close-up of Victoria where they show.

P.s.: I am also still collecting fan-art, and commissioning some character art (for promos and the Monster Codex.) I know I will be asking Owlet for more art, but it could be fun to have more than one style in the Codex. Please PM me some sample pieces and rates if you’d like to work on this.

P.p.s: This is a close enough picture to see Victoria’s fangs. See? I told you they were there.

2 Likes

Our wendigo and Succubus mc are the oldest of the playables right? will there other monsters who know of them because of their age and what they’ve done?

The wendigo has not interacted much with society, having been in hibernation for most of their existence. The demon has been around for hundreds of years, but has been keeping a fairly low profile and only recently moved to New Haven. But that’s an interesting question; there are some characters who would care about the history of monsters and who might have been trying to track down that information. I’m now figuring out could plausibly have that dossier.

Edit: To those who asked about Chantal’s outfit - yes, the school has a dress code. She is RIGHT on the edge of being sent home.

Would it be possible to have more of a detailed description of facial features e.g. eye colour for the vampire, werewolf, goblin etc. As opposed to just the demon

hi! i would love to try making some fan art!
would anyone care to jot down some descriptions?

Wendigo-- Skinny, long hair, long legs, pretty in a creepy sort of way. Long nails/claws.
Werewolf-- Strong, tall, kind-of wolf/bunny ears. Athletic
'cubus-- Sexy, I mean pretty. Probably tight clothes (but need to vaguely fit a school guidline) You can make the 'cubus male or female, but I think female would be easier, since there are more points of… interest…
Goblin-- Small-ish. Not exactly anorexic/ Wendigo skinny, but weak. Green. For added awesomeness you might want to add a turtle-type backpack.

But confim with @Sashira, and other people…

1 Like

So Vickie’s fangs just naturally stick down over her lower lip like that? That must be really annoying.

1 Like

Thank you! Those are good for the basics. Except that Carl technically has human ears - werewolves can be human or wolves but have no intermediate form. In human form you can only tell something’s odd if their coloration is different (a white wolf could have white hair and silver eyes as a human.)

Relative heights are as seen on the cover. Coloration: Victoria has light blond hair, very pale skin and purple eyes (they used to be blue.) Wendy is a Native American, a little sallow because she doesn’t spend a lot of time in the sun. Carl has dark skin, black hair and deep brown puppy eyes. Chantal’s favorite form is a rosy-cheeked redhead with all the curves. Benny is naturally green, but in human glamour he has a ruddy medium skin tone; his eyes are still small, his nose and ears big, but the glamour tones it down a bit.

Other descriptions are around here somewhere. The twins are mixed-race/white and Asian, with amber eyes and dark hair. Taylor is a Latino/a.

Only when she’s really hungry or calling on vampire powers. This is why it’s important for her to stay well-fed, especially at school.

1 Like

I hope your game becomes a Hosted or a Choice game

Quick question, in the demo how do you raise cunning? It’s the one stat I can’t mange to increase by much (love this game btw)

Making insightful choices gets you Cunning. For example, worrying if Hunter/Artemis knows about you being a monster when he/she calls you a freak.

Being cunning to raise my cunning stat would make sense, thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This game is so fun, amazing and immersive that i made a couple fan Arts.

This is the link to the Album!

Thanks Sassy for bring me back my years as a mischievous, silver tongue and mildly popular student that used to do not do anything other than chase at the shy and socially inept girls that i used to prey, well until the day i fall miserably in love with a young and lonely Miyazaki-love hipster.

I miss the monster i used to be.

Edit: Also, freak me ou a little the fact that the default name to the male vampire is my RL name.

2 Likes

These are really cool! I’m loving the collection of fan art I’ve gotten so far.

2 Likes

Some questions via PM that turned out pretty informative (courtesy of @fairlyfairfighter):

You say there are some clues, to help discover the identity of the Murderer of Adams.
Could you point them out to me, or at least give me a hint? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee…

Me: Okay, here’s a hint: there are a few major clues you can find by exploring and talking to people, but the most important clues are available to every species no matter the options you choose.

And can the Goblin actually make a robot bodyguard if fear (or an attribute like that) is high enough?

Of course not! Goblins do not prepare to respond to conflict with violence and weaponry. It would show a lack of faith in pacifism. However, each goblin attains adulthood by creating an advanced mining robot with heavy-duty tools that just happen to be perfect for defending their maker.

I’d be open to making it a COG, if the company thinks it would work for that. But I’m definitely planning to finish it, so it will at least be an HG.

I answered this in more detail earlier. Something useful since the thread has gotten so long is to check “search this topic” under the magnifying glass. Here you go.

2 Likes

How dare you violate the Private messaganer-mesagee confidentiality :blush:! But couldn’t you become an evil goblin overlord with a couple of bodyguards.

And could you remove 8 e’s from the please? I makes me sound so desperate scoff :frog:

4 Likes

Any news? Or is it still all quiet on the western front?

Yay for happa representation! As someone who was raised in a Korean-American family this makes me very happy; a lot of Asian characters seem to be thrown in haphazardly, without any thought. Thanks for making the twins interesting. I love being able to mess with Hunter’s head. /cackle

2 Likes