Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

laughs And knowing is half the battle. ;D

Tries to think of something witty G.I Wendigo! fails

Neat! Now, how to go about my plan of becoming a monster Hunter myself whilst not getting my face ripped off by Wendy? Hmmmā€¦eh needs some more work but! I am determined that by the end of this game my vampire will rule the school/cleanse it of monsters.

2 Likes

Can we go on a field trip to the dragon preserves? Like the zoo?

How are things going with this? For a game which is featuring character types I typically donā€™t like I do find myself loving this WIP, especially the NPCā€™s and possible pairings, and the unique character situations like the Werewolf camp is awesome.

I have a bit of old code I can give you for that codex on the stat screen, just to save you some work XD.

Umā€¦This may be a dumb question, but does Caleb/Chantel actually switch genders at any point of the game 'cause that would be cool!

The Wendigo still agesā€¦ that just killed my ultimate happy ending for a Wendigoā€¦ wait does frequent feeding extend life?

I think not.
But if it does.
Commence human farms! :smiling_imp:

Spoilers: Yes, in a scene thatā€™s going somewhere later in the week. I believe that this scene will only come up for close friends or lovers of Chantal/Caleb, though. Unless youā€™re playing as them, in which case Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s always up to you what gender you are.

Near-effortless shapeshifting is one of the core powers that define them; monsters canā€™t use their powers a lot, if they donā€™t want to reveal to humans theyā€™re different. But yes, outside of school hours, Chantal/Caleb can be whatever they feel like. There are strictly male or female incubi/succubi (the MC can be one) but the NPC demon is the more typical, fluid sort of 'cubus.

Wait and see. Iā€™m not telling anyone anything that isnā€™t revealed in-game in the first couple of days. Wendigos are a mystery to a lot of people - there arenā€™t many left and theyā€™re solitary creatures who are hard to study.

Thanks for the offer, but I have it sorted out. The Codex is done now and will be added when I update Day 2 (some of the entries will be really hard to find until I get a chance to work in more references to those species; a lot have only one mention that may be species-specific to reach.)

ā€¦Not as such (one of those questions thatā€™s hard to answer categorically, but the answer is sort of a no.) One of the things Iā€™m working on now is content for MonsterNet, which students can access after school. This will include a site for wild dragon sponsorship, with live webcams of public areas of the dragon preserve available to monsters who donate.

General update on all things non-Codex:
Iā€™ve done a lot of the grunt work coding, am filling in dialogue and scenes, and aiming to get the full draft of Day 2 up by the end of the month (I horribly missed my last estimate of how long it would take, weā€™ll see how it goes.)

10 Likes

Cool! I really like the idea of her/him switching around a lot.

Awesome to hear that Day 2 is progressing nicely regardless, Iā€™m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

i love this game way too much!

Hi everyone, thought Iā€™d make an announcement so no one gets too worried about the future of the game. Since my last update, Iā€™ve been dealing with some serious health problems.

Iā€™ve been enjoying the distraction of checking into the forums while I recover, but havenā€™t been able to get much work done. I love this project, I appreciate all of your support, and will continue as soon as I can.

25 Likes

@Sashira

Get well soon!

What @Sneaks said; Get well soon @Sashira.

Your health is the priority. We can wait for you to be better.

1 Like

Awwwwv :crying_cat_face: (Aww for you, not the halting of the development of the WIP) Hope you get well soon, since we can replace the lost time on the WIP, but we canā€™t replace you. Yā€™know, unless my cloning plan works for a 2nd timeā€¦

Get well so soon! Weā€™ll all be playing your game on repeat of course in your absence!