Monsters of New Haven High - last update 4/02

@Sashira You mentioned how Vampires, Werewolves, and Goblins governed themselves, are Wendigos so rare and Demons so asocial that there’ve got pretty much no oversight?

Regarding Wendigos being sterile- honestly, it seems a lot more terrifying to me that they can fuck everyone by pureeing some human and spiking the punch bowl with it.

1 Like

It’s cultural, that’s why not all cannibals become them. You have to believe that you’re going to become a Wendigo if you eat human flesh and do it anyway.

1 Like

Fair enough, though it didn’t work that way in the movie ‘Ravenous’.

I find it interesting that the webdigo character has personal image issues. But when he says that: his bodh wasn’t what he was expecting; i dont understand what he means. Did his body change when he became a wendigo?also could we get a bit more backstory on how the webdigo character was adopted by the foster parents and stuff of tjat nature?Also the demons are more like sex spirits than biblical demons right? Will there be any other playable races added later on? Will most of the story take place within the school?

Wendigo’s are borderline emaciated, unless they looked like they hadn’t eaten in two years before becoming a monster then yeah, their body’s changed.

1 Like

Now I wonder if @Sashira will ever give us a chance to experiment with our (sweet, sweet :slight_smile: ) human

1 Like

Answers to random questions are still being added here:

Check this post if you’ve asked a question lately.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I can’t put my finger on what about it does this, but the world you’ve created fascinates me. I haven’t had such a rabid need to learn more about a setting since Mass Effect.

1 Like

I mean experiment with preparing human.
(Pureed, BBQ, Fried, etc.)

2 Likes

@faewkless
You know that what you just said is like… really messed up right? :grimacing:

I’m playing as a cannibal so I will experiment with human flesh preparation.
What am I supposed to do just eat it raw?
Do you think me some uncivilized plebian wendigo!

4 Likes

I have to say, this game is certainly one of my more anticipated ones. I really enjoy playing it, and I’ve ended up going through it quite a few times. I especially love how varied the monsters are, and how each provides a fresh playthrough. My favorite so far, by the by, is the Wendigo. Also, a side note here, I really like how if you choose to look in the mirror and resolve to become more comfortable with your body you gain attractiveness. And, a question, are Hunter and Artemis sympathetic and will one of them have a romance beyond what’s in this demo? Also, I’veended up favoring Hunter as my go to love interest (I did that the second I read “self proclaimed enemy”).

Hey @Sashira love the game btw, just had a quick question I noticed the wendigo MC had lived for centuries, but at the same time he looks like a regar teenager why is that, and if he’s lived for centuries shouldn’t he already be pretty mature in his mindset anyway. Also I’m stil kinda confused on how the MC exactly became a wendigo, was it in his blood or what?

Oh and in your opinion who would win in a race between a wendigo and werewolf.

Curious what everyone’s favourite pair up of monsters are. I’m quite fond of the male Goblin and female Wendigo together myself.

The Wendigo became one because centuries ago, their Native American tribe was all starving to death and their mother told them to eat her flesh to survive. Now they’re a flesh-eating monster with no friends; thanks mum.

I thought the Wendigo actually was pretty mature compared to the other students. Really, almost all the monsters have a good sense of self-awareness, responsibility, and morality than most of the humans they’re interacting with.

Not sure what “regar” means, I looked it up on Google and the only thing I got was a latin word for singular and a social class in India. Although, the reason they still look like a teenager and will likely always look like a teenager is probably because of them being immortal

Wendigo, if they’ve eaten

2 Likes

Thanks @Interestedparty

I don’t think the wendigo is that mature because of age seeing as all 300 of those years was spent in kill, eat, sleep more coma trance state.
So yea thats what I remember as to why the wendigo is lacking knowledge of modern times/lacks some awareness.

Whoever said regar probably just misspelled ‘regular’

I think it’s funny. This Wendigo cultural aspect. Don’t eat humans, don’t eat humans- hey eat me! …And like, we ourselves -don’t- have a cultural tabboo on eating other humans? o.O Admittedly, I don’t think most would think they’d turn into a Wendigo by doing so, but still…

Wendigo psychosis is a real condition. Wendigos are well described in Algonquian stories, and I have been as faithful as possible to that tradition. And yes, compared to the older traditions of Algonquian tribes, modern taboos against cannibalism are much less extreme. They considered it a problem severe enough to prevent at all costs, however rare it was.

Wendigos: the more you know.

EDIT:
I’m turning this into a new reply thread; the old one’s gotten a bit long.

@Interestedparty

Bravo, all of this is right (except that technically wendigos aren’t immortal, just VERY long-lived and hard to kill.) I should really put together an FAQ, though I’m trying to do some of that with the Codex I’m testing out now (a glossary of monsters off of the stat screen.)

Also correct. The wendigo’s waking hours were largely spent in a psychotic fugue state, between which they hibernated for decades at a time. The wendigo does not have a lot of life experience or knowledge of the present-day world, as well as being physically frozen at the age they became one (18.)