šŸŒˆ Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 ā€” Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

Omg! 45 minutes na lang!
Nagulat ako, OP. hahahah!

This is a very fun demo :smiley:

1 Like

Oh my god, I am already in love with this whole story! qwq

As a Filipino myself, I was shocked to see some familiar words sprinkled in the text [Like ā€œpoā€, ā€œkuyaā€, ā€œateā€, and that stuff!] And I absolutely ADORE IT! :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And oh my gee, those little ā€˜referencesā€™ in the classroom? It really reminds me of when I went to school qvq The classroom cleaners, Ibong Adarna, and Florante at Laura oOoOh my godS this is giving me so many flashbacks.

The relationships with each character feels so authenthic and real for me- I got really hurt myself when the twins started fighting, I was like: ā€œnOOOOoooOo donā€™t fight eachother TwTā€

All in all, I love it :heavy_heart_exclamation: and Iā€™m excited for when the full story gets released ^^

5 Likes

Oh my GGGGGG this. Is. AMAZING! I remember back when this was starting, I once said the Taglish implementation was kind off awkward, but now, it is so VERY SEEMLESS! I am shocked at the quality of improvement this has. Not only was the Writing improved, with better pacing and dialogue, but the graphics itself improved as well! By a lot actually! I love the tiny touches that makes it feel like an RPG, that Undertake and Among Us reference though lol.

But most importantly, what this demo did the best is to take me back to the time of elementary. Iā€™ve never seen a part of my life feel so very realized in fiction ever, Filipino elementary life is just such a niche topic but God this takes me back! Those were the simpler times, wow. It is so horrifying y accurate, that you even used the section names as a basis for stats! Now THAT is clever!

My only concern now is how niche this is going to be. This looks like it is done specifically for a more Filipino audience, I am only concerned with how stuff like Filipino words not translated might confuse more English Speaking folks. Will there be an option for Translation for that? Or are you going to keep the Taglish roots? Lol

4 Likes

Just found if you give alliterative names to the kids you get a stat change, love it!

Also I adore how the whole game is laid out? Getting a +Silly notification in bubbly red writing is just delightful.

4 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
MY HEART. Iā€™M SO SORRY MADDIE. I think I need to find my own hanky tooā€¦

5 Likes

@Kirlett Iā€™m glad you think so! Btw, if youā€™re shipping them, youā€™ll get a chance to hug B during the confrontation. :hugs: Itā€™s also possible to be with Wayne or Rosie without anyone getting hurt, so thereā€™s that too.

@redfield @IamABakedBiscuit Thanks! The classroom scenes were very fun to write. And Iā€™m glad you liked the fighting sceneā€“you actually take damage if your character has 70%+ Emotion or have the Love Language (Words) Trait.

@freeki_Milliu Hi there! Iā€™m glad you like the rewrite!

My concern is more about the MCā€™s age, actually. Iā€™ve quite a few references to other media, and the setting will no longer take place in the ā€œrealā€ world after several chapters, so I donā€™t think itā€™d be much of an issue. So far I havenā€™t received any feedback that they were hard to understand, and l think part of what made it clunky in the first place was that I was using the translations as a crutch. Now Iā€™m making sure that itā€™s easy to understand through context clues.

@Zanite Yay! Iā€™m happy you liked the locket notifications. They were a bit of a pain to set up.

@feather_light Muahahaha. It was your own fault! :smiling_imp: (Emotional MCs are the best)

Aaanyway, since nobody else seems to be using the sharing feature, Iā€™ll set up some polls since Iā€™m curious what are the most popular choices.

If youā€™ve done multiple playthroughs, choose the one you picked first (except for the genre question).

Are you more of a leader or a follower?
  • I am always the first to speak up.
  • I prefer to stay quiet and let my twin do the talking.

0 voters

Which locket did you pick?
  • Heart Locket :yellow_heart:
  • Star Locket :star:

0 voters

What did you do the locket picture?
  • I kept it.
  • I replaced it with a new one.

0 voters

Who did you write the story for?
  • Myself only.
  • Me and my twin.

0 voters

Pick all the story genres youā€™ve read through.
  • Fantasy
  • Fairytales
  • Sci-Fi
  • Mythology
  • Horror
  • Mystery
  • Superheroes
  • Adventure

0 voters

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only played once for now, but I went ahead and added my votes. :slight_smile:

I might have to play through againā€¦

1 Like

hey, I didnā€™t share the code because the way it was framed felt like ā€˜Ohh here a code, and share with your friends for fun!ā€™ā€™ kinda of thing. May wanna say you wanna see it and to post it here? :thinking:

I can do a new playtrough and share it though, cose the story is alot of fun!

Edit: here is the coooooooode! : 211211121211k141311252524334
464111112m11112321211311531
12111a3212e1111212223212111

1 Like

i hope you donā€™t mind me asking; but, is there anyone in the group who likes taking photos? i remember the times i took photos from my trips (but in school and family trips) and i had a funny visual of the MC (or anyone really) documenting their trip with photos especially during the tense situations like them being threatened, being chased by monsters or something like that.

1 Like

So I think we have enough data for the polls! I asked these questions specifically because theyā€™re the most important choices so far.

It seems like thereā€™s a pretty even split for leader and follower twins, and heart/star locket wearers.

By the way, the locket shape choice also determines how affectionate your twin is. Twins wearing the heart locket will kiss and hug you more often (regardless of your starting relationship), and will be closer to Roselyna.

Thereā€™s quite a lead for those who kept the locket picture and those who chose to write the story with their twin, which is nice to see, actually.

I donā€™t know if anyoneā€™s noticed this, but besides changing the stat screen headers, writing the story only for yourself also changes how much the MC acknowledges their twin. Theyā€™ll use ā€œIā€ and ā€œmyā€ more often than ā€œweā€ and ā€œourā€ when talking and when writing the short story.

Regarding the story genres, there isnā€™t anything below 20%, so thatā€™s pretty good! Although I wasnā€™t expecting Mystery and Superheroes to be below Fairytales. :thinking: They all have similar storylines, although Adventure and Mystery are slightly different than the other genres.

Isnā€™t it weird that you can change the genre of a story just by changing a few things around?

Thatā€™s fair! I didnā€™t want to pressure people into sharing them, but I didnā€™t expect that no one would really use it. That was half the reason for the delay. :unamused:

Oh well, in the future Iā€™ll keep the codes much shorter and simpler to only include the major choices I really need stats on.

For example, I didnā€™t expect youā€™d get the Gifted Trait while only having 40% Precocious (especially after the bonus)! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Iā€™m not really sure how hard it is to get without actually trying (or if the stat requirements for it are clear).

Wayne and Roselyna certainly do, and youā€™d be correct if you think Wayne would be crazy enough to do that!

One of the features that was planned in the older demo was taking pictures using your phone (accessed via the stats screen), but I really have to be careful about adding extra features now. Youā€™ll probably still have the choice, but there wonā€™t be many opportunities to do so. Youā€™ll actually have limited access to the stats screen while youā€™re being chased by monsters! (Or if youā€™re not close to your locket for whatever reason.)

5 Likes

i like the ā€œshare the codeā€ feature though i admit that i have been using it to ensure that i made the decisions i wanted for Remy and Ryan. Seeing everyoneā€™s character pages is nice especially with the different headers and icons but i can respect if some donā€™t feel comfortable to do that.

i'm happy to know that a good portion of the F6E are camera fiends. i would have asked which one of them likes scrapbooking but a part of me would wonder if scrapbooking is still a thing for the MC's generation.
2 Likes

Here to share the code Iā€™ve gotten!

111222161111f141312351151175
415311115k21112333322111413
21111e2625h5111212126122112

3 Likes

Playing through this a second time, and thereā€™s one thing Iā€™d like to point out that Iā€™m not a fan of - the Leader/Follower stat.

Someone can be quiet and introverted without being a ā€˜followerā€™, just like someone who talks a lot isnā€™t necessarily a ā€˜leaderā€™. I think I understand why itā€™s written that way, but as someone who played through with a quiet-yet-independent individual, that kind of bugged meā€¦

Edit: Also, Iā€™m having trouble with the code. I was given this code at the end of my second playthrough, but it doesnā€™t work. I keep getting an error that there needs to be 154 characters, and I only have 153, but Iā€™ve checked three times and this is all I got.

121322241111d111212261714136
145341322k11112121212123323
11131b3314f2122211185212122

3 Likes

i think you may have missed some of the extra spaces when you placed the code. i was able to read your code just fine after removing them and got the same error when i purposefully missed a few.

1 Like

I directly did a Copy/Paste from that screen, and copied everything that showed up. I suppose itā€™s possible that doing it on mobile is what causes the issue, since that was my first time playing on my phoneā€¦

Removing the spaces did seem to work though, so it does seem like an issue with copy/pasting on mobile. Or possibly just my phoneā€¦

3 Likes

@Abe I donā€™t know about scrapbooking, but I can see Rosie making one in between their adventures. Wayne also likes collecting trinkets, so he and MC can at least have a trinket hoard.

@q_riley Hi there! Thanks for sharing your code! We have very similar characters it looks like! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@OtherGrimm Glad you resolved the issue then! Yup, itā€™s a little hard to copy/paste on mobile, but Iā€™ll work on improving it in the future when I have time.

I am very much open to renaming the trait (if anyone has a better idea) or rewording the text.

Getting the ā€œLeaderā€ Trait doesnā€™t necessarily mean you act more leader-like. You can totally pick that and still be quiet.

The name is a little misleading, true, but I thought it was clear that the choice only determines who between you and your twin is more likely to speak up first, which is its primary purpose. This is why thereā€™s no middle ground optionā€“who speaks up first isnā€™t based on your introvert/extrovert stat, it just gives a bonus instead (I actually just lowered it from +50 to +30 right now to help alleviate that).

Anyway, I fixed a bug in the Character Page Viewer that shows the Gifted Trait when your character actually has the Studious Trait instead. Sneaky cheatersā€¦ :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Gosh I will say, the detail in the codes are amazing, I didnā€™t even noticed most of the small stuff you added! I really love being able to customize like this :smiley:

2 Likes

Just played through this and I loved it so much!! It was so fun, and I loved the way all the stats were done, and the ā€˜questsā€™, and it was just so refreshing and enjoyable. Iā€™m already imagining that my MC has a crush on B haha. Really looking forward to reading more : )

3 Likes

ā€¦i admit that i did a double take and iā€™m very confused on how to interpret that. i donā€™t think Franzinyte would let the MC romance their twin, all things considered.

For those who are curious about the ROs, you can have feelings towards Lily, Roselyna, JM, Wayne, B, and four more characters who will be introduced in the future chapters.

If polyamory is possible in the game, it would depend on Franzinyte. Seeing that the game is established to have happened in 2020, i think itā€™s safe to say the kids have an idea that polyamorous/open relationships exist.

As far as i can also remember, the MC can be Cupid for their twin and their bestie. Is it possible to be an anti-cupid as well?

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! And oh no, now Iā€™m wondering how popular the pairing will be, considering what happens during the encounter. :sweat_smile:

Um, no. Iā€™ll leave that to the fanfic writers if they want to, but no.

Correction: At least four more characters. :wink:

There might be more in future installments too, but other than the main five, the other ones will be minor ā€œcrush optionsā€ in the sense that they wonā€™t appear during the story as much by virtue of meeting them later in the story and not being part of the main group. Although one of them will probably semi-permanently join the group later.

I donā€™t think so. They might not dismiss the idea entirely, but I donā€™t want to open that can of worms.

But you can totally crush on multiple people. It might have consequences though.

Iā€™m most likely ditching the twin crush subplot. It doesnā€™t really add anything, and it just further complicates things to add several more variables. If I do decide later on, itā€™ll probably be just a minor side character mentioned mostly in passing (if theyā€™re wearing the heart locket).

Well, anyway, this discussion has made me rethink of Wayneā€™s crush on Roselyna, and I might be retconning it so that while he still likes teasing her, he develops an actual crush over the story instead. Itā€™s still in character for him, but this way, having interest for either of them will be less awkward and insensitive for lack of a better word.

By the way, thereā€™s also ā€œfriendship routesā€ if thatā€™s more your thing. Theyā€™ll have mostly the same scenes as the ā€œcrush scenesā€, just in a different context, so you wonā€™t miss out on anything.

5 Likes