Mommy, We Created a Plot Hole! [Rewrite in Progress]

I will encourage her to take advantage of her cuteness

1 Like

Hereā€™s a non-spoilery secret: Roselyna is very loosely based on my high school crush. :blush:

And hehe, itā€™s been a while since I last wrote bratty Roselyna. Sheā€™s changed a lot.

3 Likes

What exactly does loosley mean?

Only slightly. Not very much. Sheā€™s just an inspiration, they donā€™t have the same exact appearance and personality.

3 Likes

I see but she promises to be an interesting character

1 Like

Heheh! I canā€™t wait! Also, a question: Can the Opportunistic stat play in positive ways in addition to the negative ways? (Like sneakily matchmaking or lying to benefit others?)

But oh okay! (But I will add you donā€™t need to be a sports person to get hit in the face with a ball :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Would it be spoilery to reveal what stat the other ROs favor?

@Jeju Yup! The idea is that both sides of the personality stats have positives and negatives, which isnā€™t always apparent.

And Iā€™d think that not being a sports person increases the chance of getting hit with something. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Isabella_Taylor Not really spoilery since you can find them in their character page, but just in case (the first stat is the primary stat):

Wayne: Silly, Stubborn
Lily: Independent, Assertive
Michael: Precocious, Obedient
Beatrice/Brandon: Naughty (Low Discipline)

The confirmed minor ROs:

Oliver/Olivia: Assertive, Reliant
Nayeli: Obedient, Sensible
Cham: Silly, Naive/Helpful

This isnā€™t final and is always subject to change.

Iā€™ll probably update the minor ROs list after I finish the outline (not anytime soon).

7 Likes

I think the MC should try to help Roselyna to control her emotions, encourage her to be braver and more comfortable and reassure her that sheā€™s beautiful this way.

1 Like

I see! :0 Is there something for having a twin language as well?

And hehehā€¦ Youā€™d be completely right! But you never know, even if you are good at sportsā€¦

2 Likes

You mean a negative side to it? Iā€™m not sure. I was thinking of a small penalty to INT gain (since according to my little research itā€™s due to delayed speech development or something).

But yeah, it mostly gives you additional options which can help you in certain situations.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cool. I canā€™t wait to see what those options are! :astonished:

2 Likes

Hewwo. :wave: Just an update before my long break from writing.

A few changes Iā€™m making in the next update:

• Having the Twin Language Trait will now decrease your starting relationship values slightly with your friends and other family members.
  • Your twinā€™s crush wonā€™t be anyone from the group anymore, but your other classmates instead.
    • This is necessary to keep the branches down. Thereā€™s too many already! (This will potentially add conflict too.)
  • The group chat scene will now be moved after Paddyā€™s story with some more improvements.
  • The groupā€™s character pages will now be inaccessible until you meet them.
  • The screen reader settings will be moved to just before the chat scene.

What to expect in the next big update:

• More hugs! :hugs:
  • Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2.
  • Character Customization! (Some will give passives)
  • You will now be able to access the diary and your phone and inventory from the stats screen. :open_book: :iphone: :school_satchel:
  • Name Checks!
  • More improvements to the narrative, dialogue, and the prologue.
    • The prologue stories will be overhauled in the future, but not in this update.
  • More Character Traits, including ā€œDominantā€, ā€œNyctophobiaā€, :flashlight: ā€œCompetitive/Supportive/Protectiveā€, ā€œHeavy Sleeperā€, :zzz: and ā€œOmnomnomnivoreā€. :pizza: :ice_cream:
    • The ā€œEmotionally Sensitiveā€ Trait will now have a ā€œReservedā€ counterpart. :neutral_face:
  • Select your character class and best friend from your friend group.
  • First encounter with the Beatrice/Brandon.
  • Two more quests, including your 1st clue to why your parents havenā€™t visited you even once. :mag:
  • More foreshadowing!
  • Did I say that there are more hugs? :blush:
  • Roselyna will be even more chubbier.

Thereā€™s also currently a bug if you open the twinā€™s character page in the stats screen. Donā€™t open that, itā€™s empty anyway. This will be fixed along with a couple typos when Iā€™m not busy anymore.

10 Likes

Ahhhh!! When will this magical update come, do you think? (No pressure Iā€™m just really hyped!)

1 Like

Itā€™ll be more than a month before Iā€™ll be able to start writing again. I really need to focus on school stuff. I envy my characters a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool, I understand that, trust me.

Why is that? :thinking: Is it pure game mechanics balance or something? Curious, is all. :grin:

1 Like

Wait,wouldnā€™t learning and remembering a second language so early make them more linguistics inclined?(aka smarter)Like how learning more languages helps you learn others easier

4 Likes

@Taylor_Enean @Natman1025 Yeahhh I admit I havenā€™t thought this out very well. :stuck_out_tongue: I found this in my research: Are Twins Delayed in Language Development? and Raising Bilingual Twins: What it's Like and What to Expect Itā€™s not really concrete, and I agree that the penalty sounds stupid since language development isnā€™t necessarily linked to intelligence.

Alright, Iā€™m changing the penalty now so thereā€™s a slight decrease in your starting relationship values with everyone (implying that you spent more time with your twin than other people, so youā€™re not as close to them).

Thanks for bringing this up! :kissing: I certainly donā€™t want to give the wrong impressions.

5 Likes

Donā€™t be silly. :blush: I merely wondered, as I am by nature quite curious. Now, I do so detest gossip and rumours very much, what I meant is ā€˜how does this workā€™ and ā€˜why is it this wayā€™ and not to mention (outer) space and all those magnificent things. :smiley:

Excellent idea there! Makes sense, in my opinion. :relaxed:

2 Likes