šŸŒˆ Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 ā€” Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

@Abe Wow! This is a very nice surprise! :blush:

Iā€™m not sure how theyā€™d react to being called cute, but I love them! I especially like the detail of Ryan not wearing his locket (but Remyā€™s locket is nice too!). Thank you! :blue_heart:

@Deerdoe Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much! Iā€™m glad you can relate to the MC really well. I hope you enjoy the new update!

@anon14780897 I appreciate the interest! Let me know what you think of the update.

@Big_fan1231 Thank you for the bug reports! I think I fixed them now, but I donā€™t have time to manually test them right now.

Reply to your feedback

Iā€™m glad you liked the quests and secrets!

No, there isnā€™t a guide, but I will probably make one in the future once thereā€™s more content. My goal is to make all trinkets obtainable in a single playthrough (thereā€™s an achievement for it), but some of them are intentionally placed out of the way so youā€™re encouraged to stray away and explore a little. Not sure about the secrets, but thereā€™ll be achievements for discovering all the secrets for each character.

There arenā€™t very many choices locked due to personality stats, since I donā€™t want to restrict them based on your personality unless it really makes sense (like you not being able to pick ā€œMaybe itā€™s time for us to go on different schoolsā€ if you have a high Reliant stat). Personality stat checks are checked frequently though, they affect the MCā€™s vocabulary and how they react to most situations. My favorite one is the MC skipping over the colored tiles in the library if they have a higher Naive stat). If you have a higher introvert stat, some choices actually appear first in the list.

Special interactions are marked with a star (and sometimes hearts), but they are more often unlocked with traits, not personality stats.

Anyway, sorry if thatā€™s a little long, but Iā€™m glad someone else is interested in the mechanics! Feel free to ask more questions about them.

This is a good idea, actually! Iā€™ll include it when I update the diary. Speaking of, do you have any theories about the sidequests (Aunt Julieā€™s secret will be a sidequest too)?

@Kelly_Seastar Grayed out choices most likely mean you didnā€™t meet the requirement, but some of them are part of the MCā€™s thoughts and intentionally unpickable. You canā€™t decline the first quest, for example.

v2.2.1 Hotfix

• Diary headers now properly turn to white on a black background.
  • Fixed the issue where you can get stuck reading the diary (may require starting a new game).
  • Fixed the issue where some of the hugs didnā€™t increase your hug counter.
  • Fixed the ā€˜fantasyā€™ typo.
  • Clarified some text in the street food scene.
11 Likes

Updateā€™s great! Also, did you revamp the character art? I noticed it looks nicer, or maybe itā€™s just my imagination

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that! Honestly itā€™s probably for the best that the game doesnā€™t depend too much on personality stats since each option seems to alter it but by but. But I am all for extra flavour text based on our traits

Well apart from our story becoming reality, nothing much really right now, still waiting for our telepathy powers to unlock
I was wondering, since I picked a lot of Mystery lover choices, will we have any kind of boost in solving quests / get extra xp on completing them?

1 Like

Here are Remyā€™s and Ryanā€™s code as i promised! i hope you would find them useful.

Remy's Code

09144113-HIN-HH-ICFG
AD-XH-3H-2F-1G-3K-4T-T
CEDCDG53CSD1F-0NRMXX

Ryan's Code

18143610-IIJ-HN-OZKL
DG-XM-2H-1I-2J-4L-7Z-T
BADCCQ23NMB1F-0NFBXX

Bugs and Other Typos:
Double "the classroom"

MWCaPH typo 1
Happens during Wayneā€™s introduction with a disciplined twin

Mispelt Word

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 15.09.02

Missing twin variable

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 15.20.47

Missing Bracket

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 15.26.32
i also got this when playing the twin.

Missing part

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 16.15.39
i got a warning when i went to this part of the stats for Ryan who has a fear of heights but i forgot to screenshot it.

EDIT: added Ryanā€™s code

1 Like

Iā€™m loving this game! Canā€™t wait until the final release! :star_struck: I named my twins Julio and Ciel. Thumbs up for anyone who understands the reference.

1 Like

@Deerdoe Yup, I did! I was actually planning to draw Maā€™am Bianes as well, but I unfortunately donā€™t have time.

Iā€™m not sure when youā€™ll be able to fully unlock the telepathy/empathy powers, but Level 13 would definitely be a requirement. It already partially works anyway, since you can sense whenever your relationship changes with someone.

The [Mystery Lover] trait would definitely help in solving the mysteries, so it might be a little overpowered in the earlier chapters. You can also unlock those options with a high INT stat, but I might increase the requirement a little since everyone seems to have it as their highest stat so far. :thinking:

I donā€™t think thereā€™ll be bonus XP, but not picking a character class actually gives you the [Young Padawan] passive, which increases your XP gain by 30%.

@Abe Thanks for the code and the typo/bug reports! I think I fixed them now.

@Kelly_Seastar As much as Iā€™d love to, we have a loooooong way to go before the final release. But thanks! I do not recognize the names, but Iā€™d love to hear more about your twins, if you donā€™t mind.

5 Likes

Amazing story :slight_smile:

Typos?

Idk if this is left empty on purpose? The choice selected was ā€œgoing to see fatherā€ when twin was guessing where mom was taking them

Twin is a sister

Typo?

No space

1 Like

Hello everyone! I hope you all liked the update so far. :blush:

Iā€™m curious to know who everyone chose as their bestfriend. I canā€™t evaluate and tally up the codes yet, so I figured Iā€™ll ask here in the meantime:

Who did you pick as your best friend?
  • My Twin
  • Wayne
  • Roselyna
  • Lily
  • JM

0 voters

I would very much appreciate it if you can also tell me the reason why you picked them ā€“ itā€™ll help a lot in developing their character arcs going forward.

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve given each of the characters enough screen time (admittedly JM has the least so far), although I can probably move this choice as far as Chapter 4 (during the fieldtrip) if itā€™s a better idea.

@ItachiUchiha Thanks for the reports! Very good catches!

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, Remy and Ryan would choose each other because of how much they care for and are comfortable they are with each other. But, if they can choose a ā€œsecond best friendā€, i can see Remy getting along with JM while Ryan would hang out with Roselyna. As to why, i can see Remy and JM as ā€œkindred spiritsā€; same with Roselyna and Ryan.

1 Like

Yuuup. I had a hunch this would happen. I guess it probably didnā€™t help that the twin option also gives a unique trait. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I guess with this reasoning, moving the choice somewhere else would probably just result in the same thing. Choosing a ā€œsecond bestfriendā€ wouldnā€™t work either since I only put MCā€™s Twin there so that you have something to pick even if you have a bad relationship with everyone.

Iā€™m not really sure what to do with this one. :neutral_face: I guess I could leave it as is, but that means it probably wouldnā€™t be worth the effort to add anything special (like extra interactions) to the other four traits besides the relationship bonus (and maybe the occasional dialogue change).

The purpose of the bonus relationship is so that you can keep your relationship with someone high even if you wanted to spend time with someone else, but now that I know that most people would pick the twin anyway, it probably wouldnā€™t be a good idea to write too many choices where you can only spend time with one person if it also includes the twin. So thatā€™s good to know for the future, at least.

4 Likes

Hi hi hello hiii!

I finally finished writing the diary entries! You can access the diary through the stats screen to check them out, after you unlock it in Chapter 2.

You can quickly check out the diary entries if youā€™ve got an existing save (although Iā€™m not sure if doing so is 100% bug-free).

The update includes diary entries for: MCā€™s Twin, Maggie, Aunt Julie, Uncle Robert, Kuya Patrick, Wayne, Roselyna, JM, Lily, Brandon/Beatrice, Other Schoolmates, and the February 27 entry (the day before the story starts).

I hope you enjoy it! Hereā€™s the full change log for the update:

v2.2.2 (Diary Update - Aug. 26, 2021)

Additional Word Count: ~9,000+ (with code)

• The diary is now accessible!
  • Made minor edits to the story and the stats screen to be consistent with the new diary entries.
  • Added links to the MWCAPH! Tumblr.
  • Moved the Personality Stats Guide to the blog.
  • Slightly reduced frequency of Tagalog words and phrases.
  • Increased INT requirement for the library mystery choices from 21 to 24.
  • Increased relationship bonus from Bestfriend Traits from 20% to 30%. They now also give +10% Silly/Emotional/Precocious/Discipline, depending on the trait.
  • Removed twin relationship bonus from the [Cryptolingual] Trait since it already gives bonus unique interactions.
  • Various stat adjustments.
  • Minor playthrough code adjustments.
  • Fixed typos and several stat-related bugs, including stats not updating after acquiring a new trait.
  • Roselyna is now slightly more huggable.

Please report any weird sentences or any continuity errors. Also, if you havenā€™t answered the survey yet, please do so! Iā€™d really appreciate it, and it helps me out a lot (you donā€™t have to send your code if you want).

And before I forgetā€¦

:sparkles: Mommy, We Created a Plot Hole! has a Tumblr now! :sparkles:

Follow the blog for updates, sneak-peeks, information about the characters, and other fun stuff! Go ahead and ask me questions about the plot and the characters! Check out the shiny new character page and the FAQ!

(And donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll still keep the forum thread updated!)

18 Likes

i read the diary entries for both of my twins. i really enjoy the stark difference i found when i was read Bā€™s entries.

i admit iā€™m surprised to see that Lily had a hand as to how the MC and their twin became close again after their fight. Is it weird and kinda mean that i suspect that she has some kind of ulterior motive as to why she did that?

Seeing that a lot of players are buddy-buddy with their twin, i think i might do an "animosity" run (even if being mean pains me). i kinda want to read the diary entries that is in store for an asocial character.
4 Likes

i just finished the ā€œAnimosityā€ Run and all i can say is everyone in F6E must have infinite patience to keep Richard, the MC of that run. i also kinda feel bad for Agnes who probably wants a close relationship with her brother but Richard just doesnā€™t care.

Richard Reyes' Code

10391713-RRZ-RI-BOPR
FT-XHO-33-5L-5S-3M-5L-9Z-T
BBBDF-A93@-XD2H-0NFFXX

1 Like

@Abe Iā€™m glad you enjoyed reading the diary entries!

Hmm, you might be onto something :thinking:

But Iā€™ll also admit that some of the entries are actually just stuff I made up on the spot. :sweat_smile:
Iā€™m happy I got to do some more developments though. Although honestly, some of them were a pain to write, especially MCā€™s Twin and Maggieā€™s. Iā€™m not yet sure how often the entries will be updated.

There arenā€™t many relationship checks yet since itā€™s still early, but thereā€™ll probably be a lot more starting Chapter 3. As for the groupā€™s patienceā€¦ letā€™s just say that thereā€™s several reasons for that. :shushing_face:

Iā€™ve mentioned it before, but itā€™s also important to point out that some choices that result in negative relationship arenā€™t all that bad in the grand scheme of things, since they might have positive effects later. The opposite is also true: Having a high relationship with everyone might have some consequences later.

Remember what Mommy Maggie said: Conflict is necessary :wink:

That said, there will be few, if any, choices that are outright hostile towards the group. They are all friends for a reason, even if they get on each otherā€™s nerves sometimes. That is not a story I want to write.

3 Likes

i like the diary entries since it gives me more ideas of what my MC is like; but i donā€™t mind if you donā€™t update them that often since it does seem like a pain to code.

Thinking about it; i may have to change ā€œAnimosityā€ to ā€œIndifferentā€ since Richard is more of passive ā€œi donā€™t care/barely care about youā€ than an active ā€œi really donā€™t like youā€ person. Makes me wonder if B would tolerate him or be unnerved because of how indifferent he is.

Is it bad that iā€™m excited to see this happen soon?

Anyway, here are some errors/bugs i noted:

Lines

Height is not on the next line.
Indent
Cousin is not on the same line.

Capitalizations

He not capitalize 2
Happens if you fight B with your fists.
It capitalization

Kuya not capitalize (first word)

Kuya not capitalize (first word)1

she not capitalize

Wrong Pronouns

Julie - wrong pronoun
Aunt Julieā€™s entry
Wrong pronoun for B

Wrong pronoun for B (2)

Others

odd indent

leftover bracket
a leftover bracket

Happens if you try to read the entries from the relationship page. Reading directly from the diary page works just fine.

If you choose to have the ā€œour storyā€ instead of ā€œmy storyā€, this error message appears and you canā€™t access the other pages.

Clarifications:

Who is they?

Who is they?
Who is jealous of the MC having a twin? Wayne and Roselyna or B?

Empty page

supposed to be empty?
This happens when you decide to investigate the B sidequest. Is it supposed to be like this?

Missing question

What is the question for this choice
Happens if the MC is musically averse and skips JMā€™s song. What exactly are we supposed to react to again? JMā€™s need to belong?

1 Like

Yup, I think Iā€™ll only update them just before/whenever MC goes to sleep. I might include an automatic checkpoint system there too.

Wellā€¦ youā€™ll have to wait until Chapter 6 or so at the latest to feel the effects of it.

Anyway, wow, thatā€™s a lot of errors! I really appreciate you taking the time to find them. :blush: Iā€™ve fixed them now, but there might still be bugs lurking in the stats screen ā€“ theyā€™re a pain in particular to squash.

v2.2.3 Hotfix

• Fixed the bug where the twinā€™s suggested class choices were showing incorrectly (twins with the heart locket were showing star locket suggestions and vice versa).

v2.2.4 Bugfix

• Fixed various bugs and typos. Most instances of ā€˜Kuyaā€™ and ā€˜Ateā€™ are now properly capitalized.
  • Skipping JMā€™s song now has a better transition.
  • Secrets and trinkets are now labeled with a number so you can refer to them without spoiling the secret or the trinket.

Edit:

By the way, I just updated the blurb/summary in the first post! I hope this makes the premise of the story clearer, what a ā€œplot holeā€ is, and why there is a school bus in the cover art.

11 Likes

Dear all,

I am making this post to announce that MWCAPH! will be on semi-hiatus so I can focus on my studies. Okay, fine, itā€™s a hiatus, but itā€™s hard not to keep the document and your notes open in the background, yā€™know? (Iā€™ll still be here and in Tumblr, I just wonā€™t be writing.)

But thatā€™s not what this post is about.

To be honest, I wrote a long post about what Iā€™m feeling, and how disappointed I am about the Chapter 2 update and my project in general. But I deleted it. And I wonā€™t lie, that definitely wasnā€™t the first time I wanted to make a post like that. It also wasnā€™t the first time I wanted to change my title, or age the characters up for the 5th time. Am I justified with what I want to say? Maybe yes, maybe not. Maybe I should post it anyway so I can get it off my chest since itā€™s been there for a long time now.

But here I am, chickening out again. So let me just tell you:

If youā€™ve ever enjoyed a story, a WIP, or anything, take a few minutes and let the author know you did. Tell them what you liked, tell them what youā€™re excited for next, or just tell them youā€™ll be there waiting for the next update. Then maybe there would be less people feeling like me right now.

Iā€™ll try to do too.

hbiglocket-10

Sincerely, thank you to everyone who has left feedback so far, no matter how small. Thank you for clicking those unanatomically correct hearts. I appreciate them a lot.

So, until the next time your locket shines againā€¦ Please take care of my characters for me. Especially Rosie.

25 Likes

i really donā€™t mind if you want to prioritize you and your studies; but i do hope that you continue with this project when you have the time. i really do enjoy the game and i have been trying to keep up with the mysteries from both in and out of the game like the coded messages from Maggie.

If you donā€™t mind me infodumping about both the Valdez and the Madrigal (formerly Reyes) twins, let me know. iā€™ll be happy to talk my lungs out.

5 Likes

Have a good hiatus , and I hope your studies go well!

4 Likes

If it means anything, I still adore this. Itā€™s easily one of my favorites of all time. Itā€™s so unique and so adorable, and brightens my day every time I see the topic, let alone playing it. So I hope you keep enjoying writing it yourself, I love it so much.
Not that it means much anymore, but I literally got teary as I wrote this, if that gives any indication how much I love it and the characters in it.

I kept thinking about adding something else to this, but I wonā€™t. Itā€™ll only bring the mood down. I hope your hiatus goes okay and I canā€™t wait till you return :slight_smile:

6 Likes