šŸŒˆ Dear Diary, We Created a Plot Hole! (A Slice-of-Life Fantasy Adventure) ~ [UPDATED Dec 25 ā€” Chapter 4 & 5 is here! | 509,000 words]

iā€™m liking this new update but there are some game-breaking that needs to be addressed.

Can't input name

This error shows up with i try to input the MCā€™s name and nickname. The inputting for the bedtime story works fine though.

Wrong pronouns for Randelle

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 21.43.15
Randelle is refered as him in the first sentence.

Unaccessible Stats

Canā€™t access inventory after the encounter with B.

3 Likes

Fixed! Let me know if there are other problems.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, thatā€™s me! I hope picking this doesnā€™t likeā€¦ make them appear even more in the game jfkdjdjdjdj :joy::coffin:

3 Likes

Whoops. I just did some stealth edits to bunch of bugs and typos. I didnā€™t realize I left a debug label which was accidentally making everyone emotional and triggering the special interaction with Roselyna. :sweat_smile:

@Abe Thanks for the reports! I think thatā€™s everything for now.

Also the relationship meter isnā€™t a bug. I think it just looks that way because of the placeholder.

Edit: I have updated the demo to Ver. 2.11 for some hotfixes.

2 Likes

iā€™m sorry that i found these bugs and errors much later.

Missing Stuffed Toy

The stuffed animal is missing in the first choice.

B's relationship meter

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 23.10.52
When the MC meets B, the relationship meter shows up when i think this is supposed to be in the stats.

Additional Space

There is an additional space in ā€œmessyā€.

Tito-Tita Capitalization

Tito and Tita are not capitalized.

Missing Ate/Kuya

missing sibling title
Shouldnā€™t there be Kuya/Ate before the twinā€™s name?

MC

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 23.39.40
MC is written in instead of the MCā€™s name

3 Likes

Hi! It seems pretty unanimous in the survey that everyone likes the twin so far, so Iā€™d hate to make a change without first consulting your opinions.

If you havenā€™t noticed, the game has a ton of variables, and I would very much like to cull the unnecessary ones. Three of them in my radar are the Silly/Sensible Twin, Disciplined/Stubborn Twin, and whether they trust Lily or not (and I now just realized the choice doesnā€™t appear if you donā€™t tell your twin about B).

So, since your locket choice already determines whether your twin is an emotional cuddlebug or not, I thought maybe I could bake in the other three variables into the locketā€“which means it will have more of an effect to your twinā€™s personality (aside from the other traits like supportive/competitive which I honestly could also tie into another variable).

So twins wearing the heart locket would behave more like a combination of Wayne and Roselyna, while those with the star locket will be more like JM and Lily.

Fun fact: I based off JM and Lilyā€™s MBTI personalities as the complete opposite of Roselyna and Wayneā€™s respectively, so the twinā€™s personality should be more nuanced instead of being emotional or silly all the time if they have the heart locket, for example.

So, do you like this idea?
  • Yes, Iā€™m fine with it.
  • No, I like it the way it is.

0 voters

Also, if you have any opinions or feedback regarding the scenes with B and reuniting with your twin, Iā€™d love to hear them! Those scenes took me a long time to write and get through.

And does anyone have any theories about why B was cast out from the group?

2 Likes

The B scene,ā€¦ it was fantastic, I have suspected that there are deeper things in this game for a long time and the mysterious reason why B was cast out just make me want to explore more. About my theory, we donā€™t have any clues now ( or I havenā€™t find out any ) but thereā€™s must be some kind of event that disturbing ( I donā€™t know if ā€˜disturbingā€™ is the right word ) enough to make B completely hate our group and the main reason will be like ā€¦ a conflict between B and JM ? Her hatred mainly focuses on JM so I think the primary reason is because of a fight suddenly happened between them. What caused the fight ? We donā€™t know or we havenā€™t known but it isnā€™t jealously for sure

3 Likes

How do we do Debug mode

@Empress_Nightmare Thanks for sharing! :blush: And thatā€™s a lot of twins! :dizzy_face:

Unfortunately MC canā€™t do that at school though.

@Kirlett Well, I just looked at my outline, and surprisingly enough, I didnā€™t find any. So now thereā€™s a big one, and itā€™s all your fault! :smiling_imp:

@Manaxaggd Yup, Iā€™m actually surprised how pretty much everyone agreed to the deal with B.

You can actually get a bonus clue if you chose not to trust Lily earlier. Youā€™ll have to make a choice though, since you canā€™t get all the clues for Bā€™s quest if you decide to investigate about your parents in Chapter 3 instead.

@ThatsOk Why would you want to, though? Youā€™ll just get bugs and errors if I actually enable that option.

Maybe Iā€™ll add an option later to skip to certain chapters, but itā€™s still too early for that.

2 Likes

WHAT HAVE I DONE :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Havenā€™t you listened to Mommy Maggie? You never say something out loud you donā€™t want to happen!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been too busy to sit down and do both sets of twins, but I did just finish Luke and Reynaā€™s playthrough! I actually really enjoyed B with Luke, and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out more about them. I also definitely appreciated the choice to stay mad at our twin for a considerable length of time. It really fit how I was playing.

Overall, the update was great! The only things I noticed have already been pointed out, and everything felt pretty together.

Amazing work @Franzinyte!

3 Likes

Fried spiders taste pretty good though, it makes me hungry so maybe you can put some you-know-what scenes into the game :yum:

3 Likes

Wow; I havenā€™t tried this game in a whileā€¦ :sweat_smile: It looks like itā€™s come a long way since then. :slight_smile:

I only got through the prologue, but I did get this error early on when trying to exit the stat screen using the ā€œBack to realityā€ button:

choicescript_stats line 1767: Non-existent variable ā€˜dreamingā€™

3 Likes

A bug that I got is that if you are on the personality page when choosing your sections name, you canā€™t go back to the main stats page

2 Likes

@feather_light Iā€™m glad you like the update! :blue_heart: Iā€™m interested to hear more around them! Hehe.

@Manaxaggd Maybe not spiders, but the group will definitely get the chance to eat some weird food!

@ParrotWatcher Hey, thanks for stopping by again! :blush: I hope you enjoyed it.

@q_riley Thanks for the bug report!

Iā€™ve recently restructured the stats screen to be cleaner, but randomtest doesnā€™t cover the stats screen, so be sure to save first before going to the stats screen in case thereā€™s more errors. Iā€™ve fixed the two errors now though!

Survey Results

So I just did a small update to the demo to include the survey results. Itā€™d be too long to post here, so here are the most interesting ones:

• 64% of players have INT as their highest attribute!
    • Precocious points grant extra INT points, so Iā€™ll have to monitor how much that affects things.
  • Only 8% chose to have a complicated relationship with their twin.
    • Iā€™m actually glad this one isnā€™t popular though. Thereā€™s also a low percentage across the board who chose to have a starting negative relationship with each group member.
  • 44% of players wear glasses. I totally didnā€™t expect this one!
  • 78% of players are Follower Twins. This is consistent with the previous data, but itā€™s still a little surprising to me for an interactive story.
  • 1/3 of players have Acts of Service as their love language, with Physical Touch at 1/4.
    • Now I feel a little bad that it barely gives any bonuses so far, so Iā€™ll try to remedy that. Physical Touch is OP, man.
  • 75% of players are supportive, but only 58% like sharing with their twin.
    • Iā€™ll have to see if these two percentages get closer, since Iā€™m considering combining the two into a single variable.
  • 77% of players like the Fantasy Genre, as expected. The lowest is Superheroes at 32% which was unexpected.
  • 0% of players are Enneagram Type 8.
    • No one wants to rule their own kingdom, apparently.
  • 0% of players punched B, while only 3% whacked them with their bag, and 17% cried to get their locket back.
    • Iā€™m glad no one likes being violent, but I might as well not have written that choice! Hehe.
  • 80% agreed to have the deal with B! 80% also told their twin what they did, while only 26% want to tell the group.
    • I guess everyone wants to know the mystery, huh?
  • 48% of players have the Romantic Trait. Yup.

Iā€™ve also heard the feedback that the Tagalog parts are confusing, so Iā€™ll try to lessen their frequency going forward and stick to the extraneous bits. All the characters arenā€™t actually speaking in English like 90% of the time, and the MC is only translating it in their head.

I wish people would be more vocal about this. Thereā€™s almost no feedback regarding this and I would never have thought to adjust it had I not created the survey.

This is actually slightly plot-relevant, since later in the story you can talk to your friends without the other characters you will meet in the story knowing what you are talking about. There might be a universal translator later, so until thenā€¦

That said, there are other issues I want to address and talk about, but thatā€™s all for now!

Thanks to everyone who have submitted their code so far! :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Mmmm,ā€¦ well, I punched B so ā€¦

Are you sure you submitted your code? I just checked it and thereā€™s no data showing that.

Well, yes, I didnā€™t submit the code ( I didnā€™t know we can submit it ) , I guess I gonna replay again for submitting

i admit it was fun having trying to get Ryan whack B with his bag (and failed due to the penalty). Despite having the goal of wanting to help everyone, Ryan can beā€¦violent.

Here are some of the errors i found from both Remy's and Ryan's playthroughs.
the missing me

missing me
Should be ā€œmaking me moreā€

wrong bag

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 23.37.21
Ryan has a backpack though. The following scene gives the correct bag though.

missing code for inventory

the error

the page itself

Missing Rosie Stats

Missing Stats (Rosie)
This is the relationship stats from when the Twins and Wayne meets up with Rosie before she went back to get what she forgot.

odd period placement

odd placement of period
i think there are a lot of these in Lilyā€™s encounter. Just a heads-up.

mispelt word

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 23.33.14
ā€œlittleā€ was mispelt here.

2 Likes