Modern Witches: Coven [ WIP : minor update 23-09-18 ]

Concerning the past life thing: I’ll be mostly writing snippets of them as interludes. I aim to change the writing style in these interludes to heavy descriptive language and it’ll be, i dont really know how to describe it, a puzzle for the readers to figure out??

If this work ends up getting enough of a following i might consider a second book to this one where the MC properly delves into their memories and the reader gets to make choices of how the MC lived their past life, who they loved etc. It’s pretty ambitious thought for an author who is a quarter way done the prologue but it’s just a thought to consider.

I’ll probably have made my decision by the time I’ve written up my second memory interlude so watch out for then. If i decide 2 books is too much i’ll have to push the past lives thing a little towards the background (which i really hope does not happen because the past lives thing was a primary aspect of the original idea :frowning: )

All in all, options are:
  1. make 2 books. One on what i have planned for this book and a second one on your previous life.
  2. squeeze everything into one giant monster of a book
  3. push the past life aspect a little into the background or push the witch hunters more into the background

I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO SPOIL THE WITCH HUNTERS BUT THERE YA GO :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

Oh honey, you’ve got a big storm coming your way if you’re planning on romancing G. That’s all i can say thus far but i suppose it can be doable. G could very possibly be an endgame romance if you stay single for the rest of the game and choose to pursue them.

They are all pansexual actually except for noor, who is panromantic asexual! So you can romance everyone. Unfortunately I’m not sure how complicated poly relationships or love triangles are to code so im not sure if those aspects will be feature but i’d definitely like to see at least one or two implemented further on. Its not exactly a goal but more of a ‘would like to see’ kind of feature.

As for the characters’ personalities (and possibly their canon sexualities), I’ll make a character info post on my blog later and link it here so everyone can have a read. I can’t give away too much without posting the demo beforehand! :blush::blush:

And also thank you so much for the interest. Everyone’s comments feuls me and fills me with so much love!! :sob::sparkling_heart::cupid::two_hearts:

12 Likes

Seeing that the past life part is an integral part to your book, I feel like pushing it to the wayside would probably end up making things harder on you and probably make what can be a tremendously great book, a step down. I say either go with 1 or 2, 2 more so if you find it a better option and don’t mind the length of the wait that’ll come with it.

2 Likes

Oh wow I actually nearly went into med school myself but i decided that i preferred science a little bit more. i still do a bit of med chem as part of my course though, which is not exactly medicine but i guess they’re both health courses :thinking:

There are many other factors as to why Clyde is an aloof and detatched character. You’ll hear it from one of the other character when you’re discussing about him. He’s a guarded person, and so if you romance him or befriend him and score extra brownie points with him, he’ll let you tear his walls down and he’ll be able to trust you with his more emotional side.

(I can also see him getting offended at both his classmates and the people expecting him to act professional all the time. It’s a mix between “Why are you crying over an essay on bronchitis? Pull yourself together!” towards his classmates and “I’m getting piss drunk tonight and you and your expectations are gonna kiss my ass if you dare try to stop me” to everyone else haha)

2 Likes

It’s too soon to tell for certain but as of now im mostly favouring the first option on creating another book.

Oh and also I forgot to talk more about the ghosts and demons part! I can’t say much but paranormal creatures do play a part in both this story and the past life story so you’ll be interacting with beings who will try posess you, mess up your rituals, and help you decipher your visions (either genuinely or with hidden intentions). You’ll be assisted by other beings in escaping from any threats and the like. They’ll serve as guidance, protection and also partial antagonists with their own agendas in the story.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t even know them yet… :sweat_smile: I’m just never a fan of when games give us the option of having a childhood sweetheart before then taking them away and saying “actually, no, these are the real ROs…”

2 Likes

hey guys I just wanted to apologise for not posting the demo yet. The prologue is halfway done and below is an explanation for my tardiness.

Summary

I wanted to let you all know that i have exams coming up very soon and unfortunately i tw suffered a terrifying panic attack whilst doing some research on demons a few days ago. im recovering steadily and starting to write little by little again but my doctor told me to focus on studying for now and redirect that fear into motivation for passing my exams.

i apologise again and as soon as exams are over and i am fully recovered i will put all my time into this demo. I’m really sorry and thank you so much for your patience!!!

16 Likes

Oh my no reason to apologize, concentrate on your exam especially if it helps you. Real life and your health come first.

5 Likes

Exactly what @Sammysam said. I do hope you have a good and speedy recovery though. And good luck on your exams.

1 Like

“Oh honey, you’ve got a big storm coming your way if you’re planning on romancing G. That’s all i can say thus far but i suppose it can be doable.”

I’d definitely be interested if you could romance childhood sweetheart/old flame… My favorite kind! <3 :3

In any case, it sounds really interesting and mysterious! Looking forward to reading it =) Take care and good luck on exams!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

psst! I’m not 100% sure how these threads work but if you haven’t been notified already then i guess this is just a little message to say the demo’s up! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Nice start to the story!

1 Like

Really liking how it’s going so far. Is it possible to have snippets of the female ROs?

5 Likes

I’m glad you like it! I made a Jade snippet for people to sample here:

8 Likes

Yay! Will we get to see the other two? :smile:

2 Likes

ofc!! i’m all for spoiling things and i do love my girls very much!! I’ll be working on them soon whilst continuing ch. 1!! :revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart::two_hearts:

7 Likes

And maybe one of the boys too please?

2 Likes

I just realized the demo was up after reading the awesome Jade piece on Tumblr.

I really love your writing style! It’s so descriptive and makes imagining the setting really fun. :smiley_cat:

I’m curious about our demons’ backstory. As the name implies, Mal seems to be the trouble maker out of the two. I wonder what about the MC attracted the duo, especially since the two seem pretty powerful to overpower that spell (unless the MC just couldn’t cast it). Alternatively, I wonder what the MC dabbled in or was exposed to, such that two demons latched onto them.

I’m not sure how ill intentioned they are, but I like them. They seem like a peanut gallery (especially when Mal comments on the MC/Gabe relationship) of sorts to the MC’s actions and were actually helpful with the Witch Hunter info. So, maybe demonic frenemies??? Haha.

*scrolls back up to the top and sees Gabriella (Gabe) is not a RO * Oh… :broken_heart: I feel like whatever happened to her will be angsty for my pining MC. I love that you included the kiss option! It’s somewhat bittersweet…but I get there’s probably a plot reason we can’t romance them. Alas.

I hope your finals go well (or went well)! Also, hope you feel better soon. This was a pleasure to read. Thank you. :cat2: :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe Gabe is G. Fisher?

5 Likes

Here’s an error in the code:

1 Like