Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Take your time and spend as much time with him as possible.

Unfortunately not. I think there’s a few companies in Hell that manufactures pit spikes, renaissance spikes are all the rage down there. So I hear.

Of course MC can, that’s their superpower, the ability to achieve anything!

There’s always the chance they were showing it to you just to see your reaction. Depends on the person though.

I first heard the song on 8tracks, looked it up and found it on Youtube, decided to read the comments, wondered what the comments were talking about, then I found this.

I could always take over and give myself the award? :relieved:

I hate how time just seems to go by, I wish it would slow down sometimes.

“The fifth body? What fifth body? There never was a fifth body because they jumped into a vat of acid… Of course I didn’t push or throw them in! I just said they jumped!” Too dark?

Yay! I’m glad you liked it! :grinning:

1 Like

Will the divorcee club be a thing in the story even if we don’t romance Ricky? If it is I could the MC and Ricky becoming tentative friends/acquaintances as they go to the meetings. I can also see Ricky’s Ex and MC becoming each others go to person when want to talk/vent about their Ex’s, once they join the Club.

Will the MC’s friends/acquaintances join the Club over the course of the story, even if their not divorcee’s themselves? If they do I could see the club becoming a sort of therapy group for it’s members, as a way for them to de-stress and were they can trade latest news and gossip.

2 Likes

This thought popped up because I am awake for too late at night, but in a route where MC gets back together with their ex, I’d like to imagine them having a dance party at some point (also just looked at the lyrics and (ignoring the video) they’re kinda like an MC who married the ex for convenience but then fell in love and started getting worried that the ex might be seeing someone?)

And also I can’t figure out who I’d want to romance first, everyone just seems so cute ;o;

2 Likes

so that deathclaw i was making umm…he got out…BUT that dosent matter i made him 12 ft tall and he happens to be very good at juggling boulders,cars…people and he can make pancakes. just in case though i made a special pit within a pit within a pit.

EVERYONE JOIN ME IN THE PIT WITHIN THE PIT!!!

3 Likes

Puppy went to see vet today- everything turned up fine. It was mainly just the fact that we had a cold snap and, like I said, he’s an old dog with old bones. Which makes sense, too, as it’s been getting warmer and he’s been a lot more active recently (and a lot more stable, which is good).

Also I learned today that my dog has “street cred” with the vet which is odd because he’s the sweetest dog and the most aggressive thing he does with a human is sit on their hand to get you to pet him, but he doesn’t like to be picked up, and despite being old he’s pretty fast.

Long story short the vet tech apparently tried to pick him up last time he had to go to the vet (which was a while ago) and… it didn’t go well. Yeah… no picking him up without safety equipment. (Ferocious little corgi, I guess? Funny image considering the most I’ve ever seen him do when someone tries to pick him up is growl a bit and stick his legs as far as they can go-not very far- as if that could somehow prevent him from being lifted.)

Anyway! All’s good on that end which is one less thing on the worry list so that’s great! Thank so much for the kind words, everyone. :blush:

Uh-huh… I’ll bet…

It’s okay, I’ve got connections.

Ha! I can imagine the MC saying this when confronted with the villain.

Villain: How did you even get in here?

MC: Uh… powers?

Villain: Powers?

MC: I can achieve anything?

Villain: …

MC: …

Yeah, that was most likely the reason. Good news? No exploding deer here.

Wow, that’s so… sad. Just her whole speech makes me… sad. I’ll never understand why people do things like that.

Ha! Well, uh, good luck with that.

Not to mention how time is always slow in the wrong moments. It really needs to learn how to pace itself.

Not at all!

(So long as you don’t find the shark tank and the other… uh… couple of bodies down there.)

Loved it!

Aha, sadly the Divorcee Club is just kinda a thread joke, I don’t think it’ll be implemented into the actual game (at least, I have no idea how it could be).

But there’ll be plenty of times for the MC to just casually interact with a lot of the characters even so!

Boy if I counted the amount of times I’ve done this very thing…

I love this song! (I also love: “Heart is Full” by Miike Snow as well, and “Animal”, and “Devil’s Work”, and… ah, so many.)

Oooh, yeah, this song definitely fits really well for that kinda path. It actually makes the music video pretty ironic (with the MC as a villain and the Ex as a spy/hero type).

A good question! And a good problem to have I’d say…

I’ll have to warn you though, the problem may have gotten bigger considering I’m pretty set on the pure-villain being an actual RO now that I’ve got their personality and character a little bit more flushed out (not entirely yet, some parts still need some polishing but I’m working on it :wink: ).

Yes?[quote=“CultOfCthulhu, post:184, topic:22922”]
.he got out…
[/quote]

Oh… oh no.

Would these pancakes be, perhaps, made from the flesh of the innocent?

At this point in time the Pozzo Rinascimente is a pit within a pit in and of itself.

Which would mean three pits in an original pit.

At this point we’ve already hit the Earth’s crust on the other side of the world and are now on our way towards the surface of Mars.

Hope everyone has a plentiful stock of potatoes.

3 Likes

Gonna be ringing through my head every time I play this game.

2 Likes

Dang, that’s a good song. (No wonder people are always telling me to watch Chicago…)

Now I have four tango songs to use as inspiration when writing, at this pace they’re gonna start outnumbering the other songs I use, and it’ll just be entirely tango. :joy: (This one, The Tango: Maureen from Rent, El Tango de Roxanne from Moulin Rouge- specifically the instrumental version, easier to write to-, and Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gradel)

1 Like

Glad your dog is okay, my friend’s old dog’s shoulder acts up when it gets cold.

1 Like

Thank you! So am I! He really scared me for a day there, because he just could not get up without slipping and falling onto his bum. Freaked me out.

But, no, it got warmer and then he ran outside and chased a squirrel around the yard, nearly caught it too, thought I’d have to clean up a dead squirrel before it shimmied up a tree. So I’d take that as a pretty good sign that the vet is right and he’s A-OK.

Which is good, because now if everything can just not implode for a couple of days I might actually be able to finish this update and get it up soon. (Even though it’s already later than was planned… But honestly I’m just glad he’s okay. Even if it took another month to know long as the pup’s healthy and happy I’m good and don’t need to worry.)

14 Likes

Glad to hear your baby is doing well. :relaxed:

Let me know if you need any extra connections.

Exactly five minutes ago.

MC blankly stares at the secret entrance. A henchperson walks up to MC and informs them they aren’t authorized to be there. The henchperson is incapacitated with a judo throw at the end to make the one-sided fight sequence look fancy and action-y. MC steals the henchperson’s uniform and uses it to blend in, then they take out a sharpie and doodle all over the poor henchperson, props them up, and puts sunglasses on the henchperson’s face.

MC tells the guard the secret password (mystery meat Monday, it’s how the newbies get hazed) and is admitted into the secret lair. They find a place to change back into the clothes they were wearing before because henchperson clothes are the worst. Surprisingly, there are very few henchpeople. You’d think the villain would make sure their lair is well protected, even on Saturday nights. They sneak into the main room and trip the security alarm. It all happens so fast and MC is hanging upside down with Villain questioning them.

On the bright side they were fired, but they tried to blame what they said on X Factor. The whole thing makes me feel sick and sad. I’m not going to stop liking Railroad Track, but my respect for the singer has been significantly diminished.

Time is like a child that never listens to its parents.

The acid bath is one of my top three worst ways to die, the other two are burning alive and freezing to death.

As long as those pancakes have blueberries, I ain’t got a problem. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thank you! He tried to jump up and grab my sandwich today, so I’d say he’s feeling much perkier.

I’m always up for new connections when it comes to spike shipments.

This is amazing especially since I imagine the Villain interrogating the MC later and the MC realizes that they left the henchperson naked and locked in a closet somewhere with sunglasses and doodles on their face and they have to explain to the Villain who then has to send a group of people out to find this one henchperson because the MC forgot which closet they locked them in.

That’s good at least!

That’s not so good…

Yeah, makes sense, and sounds like what I’m gonna do from now on as well!

Imagine the quote “Father Time” but literally is just a single dad trying to care for his eternally young rambunctious child Time who won’t calm down when he needs to work and is way too calm whenever he’s actually able to be a dad.

The one-liner/poster quote would be something along the lines of:

Parenting is hard, especially when you’re the father of time.

I’d never want to fall to my death, like in a plane or from a building or whatever. Because you’d know it’s coming, but depending on high up you were, it could take a while before you actually die. Except there’s just no way out.

Weird because I like plane flights. It’s easy to sleep on them.

What about bananas?

1 Like

Lol just played the demo and actually ended up likeing it. We are the ex of the most dangerous villian in the city?! Either they are on the run from us or the relationship fell apart.Did they forget their anniversary? :joy:

3 Likes

Well, there is Boris, but… you’ll need to summon them. It’s really easy though, all you have to do is dance a jig while singing every song you love in Irish Gaelic, find a leprechaun and catch it. The leprechaun will give you three wishes and you have to make these wishes in this specific order: a pot of gold, raw haggis imported from Scotland, and a cursed tome on necromancy. Throw the other two things in the pot of gold, put it somewhere dark, has to be in your home, and make sure you don’t look at it or think about it. Boris should show up within seven business days and whatever you do. Don’t. Ask. Questions. Just let them know the specs of the spikes and how many you want, before you can blink there they are.

Honestly, I don’t think MC forgot which closet they locked the henchperson in. They just thought it would be funny to watch everyone trying to find the henchperson.

Hot dad of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Try being so afraid of heights you can’t climb past the second step of a ladder and still feeling like a cat stuck in a tree. I’m fine with roller coasters and planes, but I hate standing or sitting somewhere, thinking about how it would feel to fall to my death. I guess that’s what gets to me the most, how would it feel to die that way? :confounded:

Bananas are fine. I think any fruit could work.

2 Likes

Oh god … That cliffhanger!! I usually don’t get very excited about stories, but this one … I have to know what happens next.

Some times those ‘for fun’ stories end up being waaaay better than the ‘serious’ projects for some reason. Can’t wait to see what you have in store next.

I had a recommendation that you give the player the option to have had a divorce (or going through one), but looks like it was already suggested. So … just a +1 from me here

2 Likes

But our poor mc’s already had one divorce in their backstory, right?
We’re probably still paying half of our wages in alimony payment at least if our ex went from zero to villain and is officially still a zero.
In any new relationship my mc for one is going to be very hesitant to actually marry. I mean it’s a nice excuse for a party and it has got some legal benefits, but it is not strictly needed for the kind of gay relationship(s) my mc would be after. :wink:

1 Like

Ha! I just thought of this little scenario:

MC: Happy anniversary!

EX: What?!

MC: …Did you forget?

EX: No- no, I totally didn’t I just- I… uh…

MC: You did forget!

EX: No! Just- just hang on!

(That night there was a robbery of a very significant gem in a museum, the next day the EX gives the MC an apology gift of a ring that looks weirdly like the missing gem… it doesn’t take much for the MC to put two and two together.)

Which would probably be the funniest way for the MC to find out that their EX is a super villain…

Boris sounds like a picky demon.

I mean I was up with you until the don’t ask questions part.

I’m a curious gal! Of course I gotta ask what their shipment prices are, does it have to be assembled on site or do all the spikes come attached to the base?

Geeze, Boris really needs to hire some customer service.

This is most likely 100% correct.

And now I’m imagining that it’s some kinda B-rate comedy movie because that sounds like the title of a B-rate comedy movie, haha.

Just don’t think about I guess? (For planes and roller coasters, that is) That’s what I do.

Oh, and, don’t ever sit next to your friend who flies planes on a plane, especially in a seat over the wings during turbulence. I can guarantee you that he’ll look over casually and state “Oooh no, that’s not good.”- sufficiently freaking you out- just for the heck of it.

What about a non-fruit thing? Like cinnamon? Or chocolate chips?

Pit population: + 1

Aww, thank you so much! I’ll be sure to do my best to make it worth the wait! :wink:

I think it’s just cause you can be more relaxed with them. The writing flows a lot nicer sometimes since there’s less thought involved and just more, well, ‘go with the flow’. I’m not entirely sure since writing is just relaxing to me no matter the story, but I’m definitely even more relaxed with a story like this where I’m not putting myself to any deadline or standards, just kinda having fun with it and experimenting a little.

And, yeah, like @idonotlikeusernames said, the MC has already gone through the divorce. Do you mean make it optional? Sadly, I can’t really do that since the relationship itself isn’t what is important, but the marriage is. (For plot-spoilery reasons I can’t exactly state).

Like I’ve said before, though, you never have to had been in love with your Ex… which is about as close to ‘optional’ as I can make it without having to rewrite some major plot points and change the story… Sorry. :sweat_smile:

With Triple N’s wages? Try three-fourths.

Reporters don’t get paid very much unless you’re a celebrity yourself… Which the MC might have the chance to become if they manage to get a high enough rating… (And being a celebrity has it’s ups and downs, more attention means more suspicion.)

Makes sense, I can imagine a lot of MCs might not want to jump into that serious a relationship quickly considering what happened last time. (And considering what the MC is gonna find out about some of their potential ROs…)

(Semi related to that but more general:)

Y’know it’s funny, but I realized while writing up this new villain RO (and yeah, New Villain- I still don’t have a name :sweat_smile:- is gonna be an RO, I decided to just kinda go with it and try it out), that the Villain might actually be the most honest out of all the ROs considering that the MC meets New Villain as a Villain, therein leaving New Villain essentially nothing to hide since, y’know, MC already knows.

8 Likes

Can the new villain’s name be New Villain? :joy:

3 Likes

You mean in the game-world spousal alimony (absent any children, we don’t have children in-game do we?) isn’t limited to half of the wages of the highest earning partner, if they were the sole income provider, no matter how low it is? That’s crazy. :rolling_eyes:
Fun fact if that causes it to drop below 70% of minimum wage around here you can then get income assistance to top it up to that level again. Keep in mind though that minimum wage is already barely livable as it is, so that’s less generous than it sounds.
I assume that if such things aren’t the case for our mc’s the game-world is more American than Dutch then in its regulation?

A relationship can be serious enough without marriage. :rolling_eyes:

Seems like we need to start writing novels and games in what little spare time we have under an alias then, eh? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’d be quite the fitting name, wouldn’t it?

Sadly, no, I should probably come up with an actual name before putting New Villain into the game.

Well, then you’ve gotta take into account the fact that your Ex is a supervillain and… some other things that I can’t quite say… yet… and you’ve got yourself a pretty mixed up and weird legal case that falls outside of the norm of most divorces and the regular legal proceedings.

So…

Yeah, pretty crazy. But it gets even crazier!

Huh, generosity through connotation instead of denotation.

… Sounds about right for most politics.

Yep, I wouldn’t know all that much about Dutch regulation so that’s pretty safe to assume. :sweat_smile:

So, I actually considered making this an option, but it became hard to work-in with the overall plot, so, no, no children.

But you and the Ex could have been thinking about kids before, well, the divorce.

I agree.

I meant ‘that serious’ a relationship as in ‘marriage-serious’, which that kinda severity depends on the couple but doesn’t mean that a non-marriage relationship isn’t serious as well.

Just… different kinds?

Weird wording on my part, my apologies.

(This is still weird wording, I realize- basically what I’m saying is: ‘MC might not want to jump into a marriage right away again’.)

Haha, yep! But it also means you’ll have to be careful about which contacts you meet with… since some might seem a little more suspicious than others, haha.

2 Likes

Nah, they’re just eccentric and they think they’re Irish.

Oh, those questions are fine, you just don’t want to ask questions about the pot of gold. Don’t worry about payment, you would’ve already paid for everything with the pot of gold, haggis, and cursed necromancy tome.

Yeah, but Boris is the ultimate customer experience. Why would you want to ruin that with customer service? :stuck_out_tongue:

Would cackling reduce those chances?

Hot dad of Time meets hot mom of Earth, together they have to take care of way too many kids (Time, humans, and every other animals on Earth) that don’t listen and Time is a bully.

Thankfully for roller coasters adrenaline takes care of things, the first hill is always the worst. If planes had a lot less people on them, I’d consider it almost as peaceful as driving on an uncongested highway at night with the windows down.

Friendship is weird.

Cinnamon is delicious. Those are fine too. Probably anything could work depending on what a person likes.

Like a super villain name or secret identity name? If you don’t have a secret identity name, I vote Sasha for a gender neutral name.

1 Like