Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Well, if that’s true then Nickelport is the place for you.

Of course, of course, how could I be so silly?

1 Like

All of it.

If by prominent politician you mean leading the criminal underground and Nickelport’s black market, then yes. MC sure is racking up a reputation, aren’t they?

They could at least try. It’s the thought that counts.

Four words: Aggressive Brownie Eating contest.

The only way that gas line can repent is to throw a barbecue.

Hmm, MC probably plans out their mortal danger dilemmas like: if I stand here at this exact moment, I’d be the primary “damsel in distress”. The hero/villain would definitely have to save/kidnap me.

2 Likes

Of course, because orphans have no need for money anyways. Silly us, trying to do the “right thing”.

The real right thing is, obviously, to sell all our government secrets to Martians. That’s the new plan. That’s the perfect way to spend Nickelport tax payers money.

At this point that is, essentially, a politician requirement.

Their fame stat has gone through the roof.

I’m sure they tried, there was a moment there were they stared at you in kind-of disbelief.

The important question then becomes: Who would win?

There’s little red tape 'X’s all over Nickelport for where they’ve planned out their (literally) death-defying stunts.

1 Like

Hey there!

Okay so I’m almost done with the next update, I’m gonna push to get it up today but if not then it’ll probably be up tomorrow?

Anyway, there’s a couple of character introductions, one of whom designates the MC with a nickname. (And, I know, some people may not like being nicknamed- but you’re not really supposed to like it. They do this specifically to annoy the MC. The nickname can change or go away later depending on what this character thinks of the MC.)

That being said, I have some nicknames in mind right now but I’m not particularly happy with the three that the MC can earn right now. So here’s two polls with the ideas I have:

For a more aggressive/annoyed MC: (I’m sticking with a ‘sweet’ theme as a kind of patronizing/mocking tone… Also I briefly considered Sunshine but chose not to put it in because it’s already used in my other WIP, Icarus Sun, but if you think I should just reuse that here again… then I guess that would work too?)

• Sweetie
  • Sugar
  • Sweetheart
  • Honey
  • Something else (suggest below)

0 voters

For a more confused/shy MC: (Again, sticking with a ‘quiet, innocent’ theme for the same reasons, although this one is technically meant to be less of an insult, more just teasing.)

• Mousey
  • Little Mouse
  • Birdy

0 voters

For an MC who just wants this to be over with/a more blunt MC: (This one’s pretty directly implied to be an insult. But if anyone has any… erm, subtler ideas that’d be good too.)

• Bluenose
  • Killjoy

0 voters

Update is up! (The nicknames are defaulted right now, I’ll change them in accordance to the votes later on)

15 Likes

Good lord that crowd scene made me so uncomfortable (you just described my social anxiety lol) , and the ravishing lady in red? So sneaky and elusive, made my heart flutter~
Do you see how much I love your writing? :joy:

Lookin forward for more! (Just what the heck is in that drink?)

2 Likes

Crowds are always horrible! I hate them. (It’s part of the many reasons I can’t stand being in New York City for more than a couple of hours before just completely mentally shutting down and going into grump mode.) Especially if you’re drugged

I’m happy you liked her! (Ah, darling Vera, as beautiful as she is mischievous)

Ahh, thank you so much! :blush:

Copious amounts of Sugar :wink:

5 Likes

Now I’m wondering what Lucy would do if Vera kidnapped the MC. It would be a hell of catfight.

4 Likes

Fine, I’ll admit it, my MC got quite interested in Vera. On another note, the whole party scene was SO well written! Loved it.

3 Likes

Congrats, you’ve gotten me to create an oc that I have far too many feelings about just for your game :,)

His name is Wesley and I think he’s getting back with his ex, and my self insert will end up with Ricky because my choice in both men and life choices is questionable at best

[spoiler]The part when Vera got Wesley’s engagement ring make me imagine him accidentally dropping his engagement ring in front of Raf and Raf just slowly picks it up and is quietly like “…You kept it too…?”

Why do I keep hurting myself like this[/spoiler]

8 Likes

Here I was thinking I was going to try and get back with Raf… but… Vincent…

How dare you do this to me?

2 Likes

Liked the new update, but I can’t seem to get the flirting with Ricky, somehow I always get Vincent, so I just hope there’s gonna be opportunities with Ricky later on.

1 Like

Oh man, I really love this wip, but the child in me can’t help but give my mc the alias of ‘Dick Johnson’, and now I hate myself for it. I’m just imagining the mc cackling madly in the past when he came up with it, but he has since come to regret the fact that he chose that as his pen name.

2 Likes

@Urban [spoiler]If that happened, I would hope that it would be somewhere far, far, far away from any form of society because anybody caught in the crossfire would just be…

not good.[/spoiler]

What can she say? She has that effect on people. :wink:

Aww, thank you so much! (What a kind note!) :blush:

My evil doings are succeeding, yes!

Ahem, sorry, something must be in my throat.

[spoiler]Y’know I usually try to stay away from giving spoilers because, well, A. Suspense is fun and B. If I started I’d be afraid that I couldn’t stop, but I’mma break that rule here for Wesley:

Raf did keep his engagement ring, too… And there may or may not be a scene in which the MC and Raf can find out that both kept their engagement rings.

But, y’know, I said nothing.[/spoiler]

Well good news for you because Ricky fulfills both of those requirements! He’s a troublesome young man. :sweat_smile:

Decisions, decisions.

That’s what multiple playthroughs are for, though, eh? :wink:

It’s all a part of my plot.

Ah, geeze, there’s really something stuck in my throat today, isn’t there?

Hmm… Everyone should get the scene with V, but if you went with Ricky to the party then there should be two separate opportunities to flirt with him. I’ll put some hints below if you want.

[spoiler]The first is in the car, you have to mention that he should smile. I tried to work one way into the other set of dialogue options but it didn’t sound very natural… I might rework it and add one in later because I feel like most people who want to get along with Ricky might not choose the latter option. :sweat_smile:

But until I can make it sound more natural that’s the first way.

The second is if you take a drink at the part and/or if you talk with Alexander Bright and get into an argument. Ricky has something to say about either event (and, of course, both if you complete both) and getting him to talk with you unlocks further dialogue, where there’s the option to try and charm him.[/spoiler]

Fun, extra spoiler fact about flirting with Ricky that you might want to experiment with: The dialogue if you flirt with him during the party will actually differ depending on whether or not you chose to flirt with him in the car.

Ahh, thank you so much!

I mean, we’ve got Saila Anderson, Extreme Hoarders, and James Moriarty.

… Somehow I get the feeling that Dick Johnson will fit right in.

(Honestly Finley must sometimes look at the staff page for The Rust and just shake their head.)

Was your MC, perhaps, either dead tired or drunk when coming up with this? Or both. Could always be both.

12 Likes

It was definitely both. He even called a friend to inform them of his incredibly witty and clever name, laughing all the way through. They haven’t spoken since.

Oh also, I found bug during the party scene. I didn’t drink, but when I got to the bartender the game acted as though I had, making me feel the effects of the drink and whatnot. Thought I should point this out.

1 Like

Imagine how, years later, the friend picks up the newspaper, and there it is, ‘Dick Johnson’.

Oh, whoops! That’s definitely not supposed to be there.

Q: Did you go to the party with Ricky? (There’s two different scenes)

Also, secondary Q: Was this right as you sat down at the bar (same page) or was it after the bartender told you the name of the catering company?

2 Likes

They immediately started crying from second-hand embarrassment for mc. The second-hand embarrassment is reason they never spoke again.

I did go to the party with Ricky, but I’d looked at the guy (whose name escapes me but he took my engagement ring and had short red hair), so I got the scene with him. And it was after the bartender told me the name of the catering company. It was saying that my hands were shaky and blaming it on the drink, or something similar to that.

1 Like

The poor, poor MC.

Imagine if that was how the MCs identity got out, through the friend’s second hand embarrassment.

Hmm… Okay, so it’s probably a glitch during the scene talking with Vincent (or afterwards), I know where that is. I’ll comb through and try to fix it later on since I have to leave right now. Thank you so much, again!

2 Likes

They’re just watching someone read the newspaper, and, in a strange fit of guilt and maybe even vengeance, they admit that they know ‘Dick Johnson’ and his real name is Eli Young. He’s the reason they cry at night. His stupid pen name has ruined their life, and now they finally have retribution.

My mc’s hypothetical friend holds very strange grudges, and it’s probably for the best that they drifted apart (or rapidly shot away from each other, as would probably be more accurate).

Any time, as long as I can find a bug to report and no one else has already said something about it.

1 Like

Yep, that dastardly Vincent steals the scene and after that the game ends for me too. :sweat_smile:
I get the car scenes and arriving with Ricky at the party just fine, but nothing after that.

Also tiny spelling mistake here: “as if trying to outdo Dempsey at his own gain. game

1 Like

Just because they’re orphans doesn’t mean they’re entitled to free money. They have to work for it just like normal children, remember, chores aren’t covered by child labor laws (I think?).

No, no, no, the obvious right thing to do is spend taxpayer money on building shelters for abused cereal killers and homes for feral geckos.

Oh, good, I was worried for a minute.

Every celebrity will be begging to be MC’s arm candy!

Lucy, obviously. Unless Likewise steals her powers, then they win.

Yay! An update! :smile:

[spoiler]Vincent is Likewise, isn’t he? Regardless, he’s going to have a hard time charming the pants off my MC with how he treated the engagement ring. What can I say, my MC is protective over their ring.

This update makes me wonder how Ricky would react to seeing MC’s ring and learning that MC is divorced (since my MC said something about blackmailing being for the good of others). Would he mock MC? Say something horrible like, how MC’s ex must not’ve been able to put up with MC? Actually understand why MC might blackmail Ricky? Ask for the entire story?[/spoiler]

2 Likes