Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Well if my mc does keep fit he might be a member of an inexpensive gym with decent facilities as they do exist (around here at least) they’re the train yourself places who offer only first aid in an emergency and basic instruction but no personal training. So given that my mc does need to keep in shape and keep his appearance up, he’d likely shower there most days. His looks are after all a tool of the trade and need to be maintained.
Getting a better place will definitely be worth looking into though.

2 Likes

yay im a regular now takes trophy "i want to thank everyone who put up with my ridiculous posts and the loving community this sight has"

2 Likes

Time for my MC to go drink themself into oblivion! So, uh, you mentioned MC would have a chance to get revenge on their ex, would Raf forgive MC if they apologized for it profusely, gave him a please cuddle me look, and promised to never do it again? Or would that ruin any chance MC had in getting back with Raf?

Y’know what’d be really bad? Thin sheets and a bad draft during the middle of winter.

One of the things you don’t want a doctor to casually or dismissively tell you. Just replace emoji with cure.

Thanks, I’m going to try and calm down on my headcanons, at least until the next update, and maybe Valkyrie will get some love.

I can see MC now, covered in glitter, wearing a neon green feather boa, and flipping their hair in Ricky’s face.

On the topic of Ricky, I found this and think it makes a valid point on blackmail.

And everyone knows kids are like cats, you can’t herd them. MC would probably grab one of them and tell them to kick the villain’s shins and get the others to join in.

I don’t know how they manage it, but yes, even their sandwiches spontaneously combust most of the time.

Are you trying to imply snakes and lizards aren’t cute? :anguished:

I don’t think Ricky and my MC are compatible… What kind of pet would Informant have and when are we going to be able to talk him into ditching the sunglasses? What kind of pet would Likewise have?

2 Likes

My MC seems to be one of the few that try to live a healthy life and doesn’t really have villian like tendencies. Their wish was to bust criminals in the first place, but now they’re stuck in the Rust.

My MC also looks back somewhat fondly at their memories with their ex, but ultimately decide it’s time to move on.

If I try for the ex in a later playthrough, I’ll just end up trying to mend their ways. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The true evil in this world.

Valkyrie as a personal trainer would be… absolutely horrible.

I mean the woman literally does not understand physical limitations. To her that’s just an excuse to push harder.

Valkyrie with the taste for spicy foods, eh? I can see it.

Now there’s a portal in the pit as well??

We need better insurance for this kinda thing.

Ha! I’ll add it to the list of potential cases.

Oh, you do.

That’s definitely gonna be an option.

(That and being extremely sarcastic no matter the situation.)

You’ll have the option to do so. I’m thinking it’d be good to give the upgrade options at the end of each case? Since what you produce will add to your money, and then minus rent you can use whatever is left over to upgrade things like getting a better apartment, a better car, things to defend yourself, research materials, etc…

Cheers!

Just don’t wake up tied to chair in a dimly lit room that smells faintly of chloroform.

Depends.

There’s a couple of ways to get revenge on your Ex.

Some of these ways could be… relatively life-ruining.

But, y’know, that goes for everyone in this book. I’m like 90% sure that you would be able to do a run-through of this game (if all goes according to as is planned) where you basically ruin the lives of everybody you meet. On purpose.

And in that kinda run? Yeah… nobody’s gonna want to be in a romance with you…

But some methods of revenge won’t completely ruin your relationship… just… make it a lot harder to befriend them. (Or just slightly more difficult, since some are pretty tame).

Good thing this takes place during the spring right now!

Especially if they state it as casually as I did.
Then you might want to look into the benefits of getting a new doctor.

Aha! Well, we’ll see.

But, yes, she deserves some love as well.

Beautiful.

Huh, interesting article.

If anyone can do it the MC can.

:heart: Bunny snake! :heart:

I think they’re absolutely adorable. Most… beg to differ.

It’s the animals, isn’t it?

Probably a cat like Raf- they’re more on the quite side when compared to other pets, either that or a rabbit (again, quiet).

Never. :sunglasses:

No, but, it’ll take a while. He likes his glasses.

Oooh, okay… this is hard.

So, Likewise is the kinda person where you’d have to talk 'em out of getting another animal.

I mean, even just at their lair. There’s probably a snake or two, a big ole German Shepard that follows Likewise around, a cat to keep any mice under control, they most likely have some kinda songbird (like a canary) that they’ve taught to sing (either that or a parrot that they’ve taught to monologue for the sake of irony), and a hamster (because hamsters are soft and cute and who says a villain can’t have a hamster?)

Of course, if anyone mistreats any of the liar’s animals then Likewise will make them pay.

Morality is a rare thing in Nickelport.

Which will be an option. Like with Ricky, the MC doesn’t have to agree with the Ex’s way of doing things to romance them. There can be talks about it and maybe you’ll even change their mind- who knows?

4 Likes

Romancing a villain like

20 Likes

Honestly that picture has more of a relationship going on than myself and most of the choice of games RO.

3 Likes

Hey. The people who survive her training look amazing.

3 Likes

Is struggling not to laugh.

Clears throat.

That’s quite amusing.

5 Likes

That has probably happened at least a few times to MC… Unfortunately for the kidnapper Hell hath no fury like a wolverine scorned.

So… No chance of getting back together with Raf if MC switches the baking soda and powder (not that my MC understands why you shouldn’t substitute one for the other).

What if it’s accidentally, or does that still apply?

I guess Raf won’t have a chance to coo over a sick MC. I think Lucy would just shove a dose of cold medicine down their throat then make them go for a jog.

Or start writing your will…

MC does like to blackmail in style.

Ah, yes. MC’s secret power. The one all powered people worship with abject fervor.

This would be the perfect Pokemon evolution if there was a third picture of the snake with a monocle. I miss having pet reptiles…

Yes, yes it is. Ricky should see my MC around animals. They’re a completely different person.

Does he like his sunglasses more than his clothes?

At least my MC wouldn’t have to worry about too many pets when they decide to liberate the animals in pet stores. :laughing:

1 Like

Made me think of this if anything happened to their hamster. spoilerish for Mass effect 3 DLC XD

3 Likes

Well I think my mc and Ricky are going to get along great on that point. My mc likes animals well-enough and they may even like him back, but his home is his sanctuary. As such if he desires interaction with animals or just to think he’d likely do what I used to do as a kid, go sit by the water’s edge and feed the ducks until they eat out of his hand.

That said if he had more money I could see my mc liking something like a safari, but in general he prefers animals to stay in their own habitats, not his home.

2 Likes

Dangit you’ve discovered all my plot notes.

Why, yes, extreme physical exhaustion is all the rage nowadays.

(And you may wonder why the MC is exhausted all the time)

The MC is true hero here.

No, that’s how you get him to swear a lifelong vengeance against the MC and all that they ever love.

I mean it’d pretty hard to do accidentally since a lot of it involves very purposeful actions but… uh… sure, if you manage to do that, then that, too. :sweat_smile:

Honestly he’d do that if the MC just sneezed.

“Get your blood running! Makes the white blood cells move faster!”

“Lucy this is not how it works!”

At the doctors office, using their report, with cold medicine as ink.

If the MC actually has any power it’s probably the power of dumb luck.
Which both heroes and villains seem to be lacking…

From rabbisnake to snakat to mononake.

Then begs the question- if your MC had to chose between their pet or their RO, who would they choose?

Note to self: Never go through this thread while drinking water. Will result in choking.

Ha, well, I mean, aren’t sunglasses technically clothes as well?

But, well, yes. The sunglasses are most likely his most prized possession.

Now that is a theft Likewise can get behind!

Between the two of 'em there’d be no more pets left in Nickelport, and the lair would basically turn into a ranch.

Don’t ever even touch Likewise’s hamster or else this will happen.

Well, it’s a good thing for your MC then that Ricky really isn’t a big fan of animals. (The feelings are returned, of course, he’s yet to encounter a cat that hasn’t clawed him.)

A safari would be neat. If he did end up going with Ricky, though, Ricky’d probably just sit in the car and wait.

4 Likes

Well my mc is probably liked well-enough by animals he’s just a) too poor at the moment and b) not home in that crappy apartment enough to really keep a pet.
Besides he also wants his home to be a nice and tidy sanctuary and while pets and animals in general can certainly be adorable they do have a way of disturbing the quiet. That said my mc probably has his fair share of literal “pet the dog (or cat)” moments, it’s just that none of them are his.

Aww…well if he was going with Ricky it would probably sort of like this as a traveling reporter my mc would probably have an even more extreme version of my own philosophy on vacations, if you are going away from home then do it right, and in style. :wink: Otherwise it’s just a business trip, doubly so for a reporter like our mc is.
Besides I can’t really envision Ricky settling for any less either.

Hey isn’t if left up to the judgement of the mc and the player, whether or not people like our ex, Ricky and Likewise are “villains”? As for my mc he’s only definitely made up his mind about his treacherous ex.
Then again and we’ve touched on this before my mc is hardly a “saint” himself either.

2 Likes

Just replace animals with humans and that’s pretty much how mine feels.

My MC would probably try to bring a full grown lion home, or worse. (“Hey, Ricky! Look at this cute kitty I found!”)

Are we underestimating MC’s ability to be an adorable little shit? And wouldn’t that mean Raf would have to get vengeance against himself and his cat? (Raf “(Swearing a lifelong vengeance against MC and everything they love)” MC says “Wait, doesn’t that mean you’d have to get vengeance on yourself and Gingersnap?” MC cuddles up to Raf and looks up expectantly at him, waiting for an answer.)

Kind of like accidentally stumbling into a villain’s well-hidden lair. :stuck_out_tongue:

What if that’s Raf’s way of knowing if MC is really sick or not? When MC is actually sick they’re like, “Raf I’m sick and I look terrible, stop treating me like I’m the most adorable kitten you’ve ever seen.” Otherwise MC is like, “Yes! More attention, I demand it!”

My MC would run away every time they get sick. If my MC is lucky, Lucy won’t find them. :frowning:

The diagnosis is that grim? I guess desperate times call for desperate measures and this is probably what MC would do every time they go to the doctor while married to Lucy. Of course my MC is likely being melodramatic.

10/10 Would still worship.

Better than current Pokemons if you ask me, and would look a lot better.

Under what circumstances would my MC be making this choice?

Sorry. Can’t help myself sometimes. :laughing:

I consider them accessories like jewelry or hats.

My MC can live with this. (His sunglasses are cool though.)

After that, Likewise would declare their undying love?

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone caught this typo, but after the MC enters the clothing store and they check their wallets: this diologie pops up

You take a quick, discreet peek at your wallet. Because you’ve been doing your best to not grow broke and end up on the

I believe you are trying to say not go broke

It is after choosing the Ms. path not sure if it on the other paths

1 Like

So I’ve realized that I’ve fallen into a habit of planning simple scenes and then having a slew of ideas and ending up writing twice or even three times as was planned. (Which is fun, I like writing longer, more complex scenes better).

At this point I should just stop planning to have short intermediary scenes.

Not to mention hair- hair everywhere. (Well, with most pets. Do birds shed feathers? I know they molt but I mean shedding the way dogs and cats shed, as often and as much. I don’t think so? Have to fact check that.)

Most pets aren’t conducive to tidiness.
Or, well, quiet like you said. (Some of the strangest noise-makers include the Basenji, a dog that doesn’t bark, but it yodels.)

Woah, dang, talk about a dream vacation.

Oh, Ricky definitely wouldn’t settle for anything less. Especially in a place where one of the main attractions is wild animals- then it’s gotta be the best or the best or he just isn’t getting on the plane. No dice.

Good news for the MC, though.

It is. Though some, I think, will be a little more predictable than others. (Such as Likewise, who I’m 90% sure that most people would classify as a villain. Since their morality is a lot more… lenient than Ricky or either of the Exes.)

Yeah but you don’t have to be a hero to judge someone a villain.

This reminds me of a short animation you might enjoy.

Absolutely not.

That’s, like, half the dialogue in the game.

Ha! Beautiful.

I imagine that the MC did a lot of things like this when they were married, like Raf would say something and the MC just has to go and find the loophole in his logic and it’s annoying but also the loophole is cute. And Raf just doesn’t know what to do, they’re like a children’s cartoon character- you love 'em but you hate 'em.

A lot like that.

(I can picture the MCs autobiography title now: “I Shouldn’t Have Been Able To Do This Accidentally, But I Did.”)

And in the latter Raf would probably walk away stating, “Good to now your okay.” (Of course he’s feigning it to get a reaction from the MC, he’d return shortly.)

I mean at least they’re running.

I imagine that later on, when the MC is in a another villains lair and they escape, and the villain is chasing them, this would happen:

Villain: You can run but you can’t hide, MC! I will find you!

MC: * probably out of breath * I’ve spent my entire damn life running from a super villain trying to make me feel better! You think you pose any challenge…? Ha! Don’t make me laugh!

Oh geeze, if a doctor said that to the MC in front of Lucy…?

Let’s just say… no doc would phrase it like that in front of Lucy, or at least take the MC aside somewhere so they can be melodramatic without having to worry about their crazy-strong wife.

A villain is threatening them and teasing them with ye ole dramatic option of choosing who to kill and who to spare, their RO or their cat.

I mean so do I but I usually think of accessories as a kind of clothing? Like a sub-genre.

Who knows, maybe my life has been a lie.

They are.

Yes, then the two of you could ride into the sunset on a pair of horses, galloping off into the horizon while your herd of animals watch.

Oh, whoops! Thanks for catching that! :smile:

2 Likes

Awww…well if and when they get to that point I’m pretty sure my mc will consider Ricky himself to be the cutest wild thing of them all. :kissing_heart:
Again really looking forward to romancing the guy with my male mc and making the cocky, arrogant and devilishly handsome mr. Dempsey question himself, that’s going to be so much fun. :laughing:

2 Likes

That was adorable, poor Ricky would be the little girl every time MC brings in a large carnivorous animal. It would certainly put a new perspective on cats, dogs, birds, and small reptiles.

Phew!

MC also has the most adorable expectant face. Hypnotic and doesn’t help Raf answer MC’s question, so MC just falls asleep while Raf is staring at them.

The moral of this story: don’t argue with MC. You will fail and you will be happy with your failure.

New York Times bestseller amongst villains (and everyone else).

Next thing Raf hears, a meek little, “You don’t love me anymore?” And MC is looking at Raf with huge tears in their eyes.

If they weren’t hiding under a rock the entire time.

Would Lucy be the type to accept the divorce well? I think both exes would ignore the divorce, but in different ways.

What are the chances Lucy would let the doc pull MC aside, or Raf for that matter?

This is what my MC would use against the villain, if worst comes to worst (probably TW): MC would threaten to kill themself, I don’t see how there would be any fun in forcing someone to make a decision like that if the person makes a third choice that exempts them from the other choices. I don’t think my MC would see the fun in it either, of course their threat would just be a ploy.

Probably depends on the person. It’s not something I care about enough argue about. My MC, however, would argue one way or another depending on if they get something out of it or not. In this case, they would argue sunglasses are accessories not clothing and the two would be mutually exclusive.

Likewise and MC would probably find a way to bring all of the animals with them.

1 Like

So, I have a question for everyone:

I’m writing the part where you decide what gender Likewise is. Like I said before (though it was a while back), I didn’t want it to be too obvious and just have the player pick whether they’re speaking to a man, woman or nonbinary person.

That being said- I’m wondering just how obvious you’d want it to be?

Essentially, the question is: Should it be fairly obvious that you’re deciding the gender of this person in the dialogue or should it be more vague?

• Make it more direct
  • Leave it vague
0 voters

I just imagine that’d be the kinda thing said after Ricky wakes up and has an absolutely horrid case of bedhead.

I hope it is! (It’ll be slow starting at first of course… then again, that goes for everyone. There’s an option to flirt with him before the event and Ricky is very confused why the MC, someone who he’s not exactly friends with is trying to be flirty.)

Moral of the story: Don’t try and leave breadcrumbs leading into his office to attract wild animals. Ricky will not be happy.

The MC’s second secret super power, Hypnosis through Cute Expressions.

Cue the extreme guilt and cuddling.

So, normally, no. Lucy is a very emotionally charged person, and something like that would shatter her for a while. This divorce is weird, and, well, circumstances… circumstances have changed a lot of how and why the two Exes act as they do.

Uh, true. Very little. :sweat_smile:

Like getting the glasses?

Likewise would have the plan to take over Nickelport and turn it into a giant animal sanctuary after driving all of the humans out (however it is most effective), that’d be their solution.

2 Likes