Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Possible Bug? Maybe, I’m not sure. The first time I played the demo, I was able to get to 30% with the Ex, but now I can only get up to 20? I’m not sure if you decided to do that on purpose or not? But when I first played and you say “I love you” in the first dream it gave 10% to whichever Ex you chose, but now it doesn’t? Is it a bug or did you just decide to change it?

1 Like

Oh, yes, that’s on purpose! (And actually along the line of thinking as to why I wanted to change the stats screen from bars to text, funnily enough.) Now, instead of just a general boost to stats, saying ‘I love you’ in the dream gives you a boost in a different stat which counts how much the ROs (or, Exes, in this case) are attracted to you romantically! That one is invisible, so you won’t see it go up or down, but it changes independently of the basic relationship bars, which I usually take to be more of a trust/friendliness meter than an attraction meter. I hope that makes some sense, haha.

10 Likes

Oh, interesting, I like that a lot! Especially since my goal in every game I play is to befriend as many people as possible! (because I’m a wimp and i can never be mean in games. It hurts my soul too much. I always just want everyone to be happy.)

4 Likes

(You and me both, I think I’ve only ever played the “evil” route in a game… once. Other than that my biggest stress with games is that I’m worried I can’t help out all of the characters and make them happy. :stuck_out_tongue:)

I’m glad you like it, though! I feel like it can create for some interesting friendship dynamics and also effect whether or not the ROs make the first move or if the MC has to bring up the idea of a relationship first for their chosen RO for some fun changes in dialogue. :smiley:

8 Likes

Okay so I just saw this on my tumblr feed and legit thought this was a male V. I actually did a double take on how close this is for how I imagine V in my head. Just felt like sharing this beautiful art to you guys.

Here is the artist’s tumblr if anyone is curious

14 Likes

I know that game!!! Julius is an angty theatriic kinda guy. All self hatred, snark and trying to be smooth and nearly trip over his own feet doing it. XD

8 Likes

what game? I wanna play this said game.

3 Likes

The Arcana is the name of the game!

6 Likes

OMFG!!! This game is honestly gorgeous and I wonder why I have not found it sooner.

3 Likes

Its great! Sorry didn’t see this until now. I’m up to date on Julias’ and Asras route. But yes it comes highly recommended.

4 Likes

Y’know what I find an extraordinarily funny coincidence outta all this? Someone actually suggested that Eileen might look like a character from that same game quite a while ago on the tumblr (which I dug up handily right here).

… I’m startin’ to think I need to actually play this game.

6 Likes

Dooooooo it! Its super cute! The pieces are finally coming together about what happened the night the count died. It gets a new chapter every one to two months.

1 Like

As someone who’s been neck deep in the Arcana fandom and seen things ™, be very wary of the fandom and depending who you ask even the creators/dev company (I have my opinions on that but I’ll let you all decide for yourselves)

Still on semi-hiatus but Julian is def not part of the V family. Dramatic sure but he’s not the kind of over the topness any of the V’s are

8 Likes

oh yay, I’ll get invested in the story, grab the popcorn, and watch their forums for flame wars lol. I hope the devs aren’t actually shady though, with the game still being a WIP it put investors (those who gave money for their kick starter) in a compromised position if they decide to just drop everything and abandon it.

Julian seems to only share imagery in common. I don’t think there will ever be another V…

1 Like

Well, technically, there are essentially three of them :stuck_out_tongue:

And they’re all equally insane

1 Like

And each is uniquely deranged.

1 Like

A friend of mine backed them and let’s just say it was horribly handled. Plus pricing issues within the game. Plus dismissive of fan concerns within the game itself and a lot of other stuff

Nyx Hydra as a company is shady but don’t take my word for it. You can search for the stories and what not and see for yourself

Imagery wise…still nah. Being a redhead is the only characteristic they share – like Julian is a disaster but a completely different kind of disaster

The only other thing I can think of is the dedication to aesthetic but Jules is a dramatic theatre goth-emo wannabe rather than…idk how to describe the V’s :)) almost implausibly gaudy but somehow reverts to stylish

2 Likes

I think V would literally be a disco ball if he could.

(Wow just read reviews from previous employees who worked there and wow F*** management…)

And I’m sorry to hear about your friend.

2 Likes

Nadia for meeeeee :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m so glad I found someone who plays her route too

3 Likes