Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

I played the demo a long while ago (may have made a post back then but can not remember), I think the club scene had not yet been finished, and just played again today and gotta say I loved it! The whole concept is a lot of fun, there are plenty of superhero games on COG but none when you are the non powered person trapped in the middle! Also fun working in a morally dubious job. Not a fan of exposing heroes (exposing villains will help the authorities catch them, so this is good reporter work) as it probably makes their lives even more dangerous. Also it is a lot of fun playing an MC that does not like villains but is still in love with his ex Lucy, and the romance scenes both in the game and on the tumblr are so adorable I hope that somehow this relationship can work out :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, I will be following this game closely in the future!

1 Like

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

!!! Thank you so much! I’m so thrilled to hear you enjoy it and like being the reporter/a civilian in the world of heroes! Thank you very much, again!

4 Likes

Heya everyone!

I’m updating some of the character personalities in the first post since they’d gotten a little old and I thought I could do better (also add in Erin now that I’ve finally been able to talk about them as an RO as well since it’s been made public that they’re also an RO for a while now.)

V’s is the only one that’s remained the same, the rest are here!

Summary

Finley Burke - Genderfluid (they/them), Pansexual

Finley Burke. Your boss. Though they tend not to act like it. Sure, they’re professional and put-together- save for those bruise-purple bags that never leave their eyes… and the fact that the most they can ever do with their hair is a messy side ponytail… and the fact that their shirt has a coffee stain on it you’re pretty sure was from last week and… well, at the very least, they still manage to have an air of being put together, even if they don’t always look it. Finley is caustic and never without a sarcastic remark, though hardly ever harsh. Always encouraging their employees and making sure that everyone is safe… or as safe as they can be, working for The Nickelport Rust. Finley is jaded, but sometimes, just sometimes, you can still see a spark of the old passion they once had lying behind faded blue eyes.

Rafael Darzi - Male (he/him), Pansexual

Rafael Darzi is a man who lives guided by his heart. He is kind, empathetic, warm, and always puts others before himself- for better and worse. He loves wholly and fully and cares deeply, some might say too much, for those he is close to. He smiles at the smallest things and keeps his joy within himself, shown only by the crinkling by the corners of his eyes. He is quiet and soft-spoken, and never without a gentle or encouraging word. He is often blinded by his own love for his friends and family. They can do no wrong, so of course the fault must lie with him.

One of the divorcee options.

Jacob Greenhill - Male (he/him), Homosexual

Jacob is fueled by a passion for life and laughter and joy. He may seem naive by his constant, easy grin and continual (horrible) jokes but those in and of itself come from a place of strength and experience. Jacob is an ex-cop, someone seen the worst of the worst of Nickelport and has come out grinning in spite of it all. He lives by the motto that the best way to live life is to love it, and to seek joy within it. So that’s what he does, he seeks joy. And he seeks to bring it to others, too, always trying to make his friends laugh or crack a smile. Jacob believes in the best of humanity, and in walking into the hurricane with your chin raised high and a spring in your step.

Lucille “Lucy” Pinchette - Female (she/her), Pansexual

Lucy has always been someone who believes in merit and honor. She believes in carving out your own name for yourself and making your place in the world through hard work and sweat. She believes in loyalty and always seeking to better yourself. She has always charged directly ahead, with a pirate’s swagger and an unshakeable smile. Lucy will charge headfirst into a risky situation and get knocked down, but she doesn’t ever stay down because Lucy is not someone who accepts defeat easily, if at all. Stubborn and stubbornly kind to those she loves, Lucy will stick up for what, and who, she believes in till the very end.

The other divorcee option.

Yolanda Waltz - Female (she/her), Homosexual

Yolanda Waltz is Nickelport’s darling. The shining starlet of the district of neon stars. She is regal, and elegant, in her words and her movement and her manner. It seems she’s practiced everything she says before she says it, all words are refined and precise. She’s fashionable and has no trouble taking the limelight. In fact, she thrives in it. But beyond the glitz and glamour is a hardworking woman who has made her name for herself, by herself. Yolanda Waltz isn’t just the jewel-drenched gowns and ruby-woven necklaces, but an intelligent businesswoman who knows exactly how to play the media game.

Eileen Abney - Female (she/her), Asexual, Panromantic

Eileen is new to Nickelport and boy does it show. She is, in a word, bright. Exceedingly bright, always able to find the best in everyone and in every situation and always, always willing to help even strangers out with even the smallest of problems. She is a ray of sunshine, prone to humming herself and baking sweets for friends and coworkers and if she has a leftover and sees someone having a bad day then hey??? Why not them, too?? Hope you like snickerdoodles! A lover of bright flowers and fluffy animals. Will not let anyone go unhelped if they seem to be in distress. Even if all she can do is sit with them or offer some kind encouragement, she will.

The Informant - Male (he/him), Demisexual, Panromantic

You don’t know much about The Informant. Mostly because he keeps it that way. Quiet, with his expression hidden behind a set of dark sunglasses he never seems to be without. He’s all business but… There has to be more to him, doesn’t there? He’s certainly a tough nut to crack, but who knows what lies inside…

Ricky Dempsey - Male (he/him), Heterosexual??? Pansexual??? (Questioning)

Oh, Ricky. You and he have a… strenuous relationship, to put it mildly. Known by the public as Nickelport’s youngest politician quickly accumulating power and support. He’s commonly referred to as one of the most charming politicians out there, and one of the few truly reputable figures seeking to reform Nickelport into a safer, kinder place. But… well, lets just say that while everyone else knows Ricky Dempsey, Nickelport politician, you know Ricky Dempsey, dictionary definition pain in the ass and all around curmudgeon. With a scowl so deep you’re half surprised it hasn’t somehow irreversibly become imprinted on his face, the Ricky Dempsey you know is a grump who refuses to actually smile at anything. You’re half sure a puppy licking his hand would make him frown and that he’d probably jerk his hand back and call it a pest while trying to find somewhere to wipe off it’s “disgusting slobber” because he would refuse to ruin his grey suit.

Oh yeah, and you’re currently blackmailing him to do what you want. That, too, probably isn’t helping you get along.

V(ega/era/incent) Bayer - Female/Male/Agender (Gender Switchable) (she/her // he/him // they/them), Pansexual

V Bayer is, in a word… unpredictable. A person of action over thought and who wholeheartedly believes in ‘the bigger, the better’ when it comes to said actions. V seems to be a bit of a wild-child who not only never backs down from a challenge but will purposefully make things more of a challenge for the sake of their own amusement. They also appear to be keenly lacking in a self-preservation instinct, otherwise they probably wouldn’t pull half the stunts they do. Confident, suave, and conniving V is… V. And there’s really no one else like them. (Well, at least if you ask them, that’s true.)

Erin Liu - Female/Male/Agender (Gender Switchable) (she/her // he/him // they/them), Pansexual

Erin has always been kind to you. You sometimes have to wonder if you know about them than you do yourself. You know that they like to think they’re smooth, up until they try to actually be smooth. You know that they’ve always been protective of their friends and loved ones. You know that they’re never one to hide their emotions but wear them on their sleeve, and even when they try to hide what they’re feeling those feelings just end up bubbling over even more than before. You know that they’re an awful liar, and that they believe in doing the right thing whenever possible. You know they have a strong moral compass and that they would never, ever hide anything from you. Or so you thought.

41 Likes

That’s what i like about my MC’s ex-wife :-):blush:
I will constantly pop up to her life so that her mind won’t detach from me easily :wink:

4 Likes

I’m so happy to hear you like her!

Lucy is definitely very confident in what she’s doing and in her relationship with the MC. If she was in love with the MC she’s sure that they were in love and believes in the possibility of being able to have a relationship once more in the future!

But even more than that, she’s definitely the kind of person who would always stick up for her friends if someone is treating them unfairly. Loyalty comes in many forms, after all!

6 Likes

That’s why i still keep my wedding ring :-):blush:

1 Like

Hm, Erin seems interesting but in the end my heart belongs still to be ex Lucy!

2 Likes

I’m so excited about Erin

2 Likes

I’m still 100% here for Rafael. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

baby come back

3 Likes

I agree. Despite my eagerness to meet Erin, Raf 's still the one.

3 Likes

oh fuck me this is good

4 Likes

I do love some Angst, and this provides it in full…and as such I want to see more of this for I can eventually buy it and experience the full ANGST for it is entirely delicious and I love Lucy and her protective personality and I can’t wait to drag her kicking and screaming into being a hero or at least a vigilante…

4 Likes

Lucy’s Anti-Villain personality is fine by me , i won’t force her into being a heroine, but will most likely call her for help if i run into trouble with villains :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is the habit of killing people that will disturb my MC the most. As long as her goals are good if she plays around with the law, I guess my MC can learn to at least accept that (I mean the MC is already blackmailing politicians :stuck_out_tongue:). It is just the killing will be really tough for my MC to accept if they were to renew their relationship.

3 Likes

I mean…I feel little bad about blackmailing someone…but Lucy is that Babe that will be saved before she kills the blackmailed Politican…or at least I predict happening…or perhaps Raf…that sneaky wombat :thinking: hmmm

1 Like

Ricky boy is a LI, so by the logic of video games I think he’s safe :b

1 Like

More then likely…but who was he with? :thinking: there is only a number…my money is Lucy…but unless she is in the home of the MC when the MC gets there…then that is more then a big Nu…
(Ah ha! I’m the 2,000th comment, I’m getting myself a cookie)

2 Likes

I don’t think Lucy would obey the law a lots… since she is not a goody two shoes, but i also don’t think she would recklessly kill innocent by standers , she would fight back only when people hurt her , so i won’t think Lucy will harm a commoner begging for life in front of her, of a kid crying at her :-):joy:

But if a hero start realising he/she could beat Lucy, it would be best the hero surrender and i am sure Lucy will let them go :wink:

1 Like

We do not know…we have so far learned of one thing…and it left I believe two cops in critical condition…and a missing hero…and some kind of event that destroyed the Life of the MC…some sorta event…

1 Like

Well I’m sure she appreciates that! And you’ll get to see her reaction to such! :smiley:

I’m so thrilled to hear you like them both!

Yay!! I can’t wait for you to get to talk to them more!

Ahh, y’all are gonna start making me blush. I’m so happy to hear that these characters bring such enjoyment! :smiley:

Thank you so much!!!

Drama is very fun… And I’m going in no holds barred here when it comes to it. Just having fun with it! Which of course means lots of drama to have fun with, too!

And I’m so happy to hear you like her!

You’ll just have to wait and see what happens with Lucy and where her villain persona goes!

That’s entirely valid, and definitely something I plan on having the MC talk to their Exes about, if they so wish.

First of all- congratulations on 2,000th comment!!!

Also Ricky had a string of affairs, none of which were any of the main romances so she’s not who he was with. (She’s… not really the biggest fan of the ‘politician’ type, anyway. So even without any previous complications with the MC or such, she wouldn’t really be interested. Especially not in affair-type situation. She would see the very prospect as disgusting. Loyalty is everything to her and that’s one of the biggest breaches of trust and loyalty someone could commit.)

Lots of loose threads right now, huh?

Can’t wait to start connecting them!

4 Likes