Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Let them smooch

:clap: LET :clap:THEM :clap: SMOOCH :clap:

:clap: LET :clap: THEM :clap: SMOOCH :clap: HAPPILY :clap: AND :clap: WITHOUT :clap: PAIN

12 Likes

This I can do.

This might be more difficult to do knowing me and my writing style. :smile:

Especially with Finley’s first kiss scene.

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

MORE THAN ONE KISS CONFIRMED YES GOOD

6 Likes

Of course there’s more than one kiss. I may love drama and action but I’m also a sucker for cute and probably way too cheesy scenes as well. You need both for a healthy writing diet.

9 Likes

Query: is there a Lucy kissing scene?

7 Likes

There is absolutely a Lucy kissing scene.

Hey all! I figure I should get back into the habit of progress reports now that we’re moving again.

So first things first which is the actual progress report: Things are moving steadily and I’ve been focusing on the non-love memories. I’m working on Raf’s right now and that’s been progressing pretty well, I’d say! So that’s been going pretty well.

On a couple of housekeeping notes, I’ve also been going back and fixing up a couple of spelling or grammatical errors here or there. I know that sometimes changing the earlier scenes can mess up people’s saves (which I hope doesn’t happen here) but if it does then that’s why and I’m very sorry. Another small housekeeping note, you may see the name change for the author. Like I’ve mentioned before I’ve been using the pen name ‘Rena B’ (which was always just letters from my first and last name scrambled around… before getting too lazy to come up with a fake last name, aha), but I’ve been considering changing it for a while and I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I want to stop using a pen name for this story as I get more and more serious about it. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you’re at all confused as to why that’s changed!

Have a lovely day!

26 Likes

So while the wait happens, anyone want to speculate on plot stuff? I feel like Nickelport’s best and brightest in the hero scene might also be the same people behind the chaos? Just to keep status quo?

This is utterly speculative and probs has very little to go on evidence wise so don’t quote me

3 Likes

Hm… maybe. I mean, I could see that being possible, especially considering the Exes stole from a major bank at the beginning right? I mean for Lucy it could be argued that it was just for the thrill of it, but we know that Raf’s feats of evil are generally more planned out and he tries to minimize casualties… It would be understandable if he had no qualms with robbing the bank if he knows that the people with money in it are slum lords and such. But I don’t really think either of them are exactly trying to be Robin Hood. I like the thought of it though, it would definitely explain why Ricky’s job is so time consuming. I mean being a politician is one thing, having to constantly be working against the evil agenda of everyone else in government is another thing. (although not that different from reality i suppose)

4 Likes

I think it will be amusing to see the ROs discuss when they will meet each other with the MC being oh-what-am-I-doing-here-?, don’t you think ?

And yes. I think all the characters have their own little secret. And another life. Everyone ! I could have been influenced with our MC’s job ~.

2 Likes

Hehehe was browsing around and reading the First Likewise Heist (hehehe still laughing about the situation) and I have to come here and voice a question that’s been in my mind for quite a while.

Does our MC get to romance a masked hero/supervillain or “only” their counterparts (I mean can the Reporter fall for a masked persona after the impact the Big Ex Reveal had on their live? Do they know about the “other life” of the person they flirt with or not at all?)? For the rebound Exes it is evident but I have my wheels spinning as of how the MC could be swept off their feet by a certain someone and boom another Big Reveal and “NOT AGAIN GODS WHY ME!” shaking fist at sky scene xD. Aaaand now I’m thinking about the big question mark that is the Informant too.

Keep up the good work! :smiley:

2 Likes

(Oh and just a heads up as to why I’m not responding to the theories- it’s because I don’t trust myself to give everything away. I know I would if I let myself. But just want you all to know that I adore them all.)

Likewise has always been quite the… character. Even before they became a big thing, ahaha.

Some of the ROs definitely do have double lives. You’ll meet all the main romance options as themselves (well… minus the Informant, who you meet as… the Informant, ahaha). You might also meet and flirt with a couple of heroes or villains along the way (or people somewhere between the two). So, yes, there might be a chance for a moment or two along those lines. :blush:

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

That’s my boy! Likewise has gotta be Vince, right? Although, come to think of it the idea Ricky of all people is leading a double life a costumed superhero or villain is for some reason strangely enticing as well. :thinking:

4 Likes

:smile: You know I can’t say anything! But you’ll find out, eventually. :wink:

Well, you’ll see who wears what mask eventually!!

4 Likes

I did a redraw of a pic I drew of the Vs a few hundred posts ago! I’m not linking to or reuploading the original version though because it’s old and I’m tired of looking at it :,)

30 Likes

Hello yes e x c u s e y o u and your amazing talent- how dare you create something so beautiful and amazing and wonderful. This is amazing and wonderful and did I say it was amazing already? It is. It absolutely, 100% is.

16 Likes

Its good art.
Is it me or is the jawline of the person in the middle seem darker and more outlined? every time I look at the drawing it I’m drawn to it.
The varing blends of reds are nice.

1 Like

It is a little, I’ve been playing around with brushes and only just now found on that I like but I wasn’t completely used to it yet when drawing this. I did the lineart for Vera’s face first and went more heavy-handed on her than the other two by accident

Also, thank you!

2 Likes

Hey all! Been a while! Sorry about that.

I didn’t want to give any progress reports since most of what I could think to write down is just sheer word data and that has never felt very productive/reassuring, so I wanted to wait until there was something I could actually give as a tad bit more substantial a progress report, which the weekly ones didn’t really lend themselves to. (I might do monthly from here on out? They’re a good practice I think, though my rough estimates for percentages of how much is done tend to veer up and down as I add and take away from scenes… I think they’ll be a bit more stable monthly rather than weekly, if that makes sense.)

Anyway! There’s a very very very minor update/change to the current demo. I wanted to revamp the gender selection process since I didn’t think it allowed for that wide a range of identities, didn’t account for people who use multiple sets of pronouns, and also didn’t like how it kinda shuffled off transgender and nonbinary people to underneath a whole separate selection page. Long story short: Not a fan. So I think I made it a bit better! (Hopefully, at least.) A tad more cohesive and allowing for a broader range of identities.

So I would greatly appreciate it if y’all could let me know if this works better or if anything coding-wise has gone a li’l screwy since I am currently very jet lagged and this was written at like 2 am and at this point the fact that I haven’t found any yet with something written in 2 am jet lag mode is highly suspicious.

As for the actual progress report part of this!

The main thing here is that I’d say I’m roughly 25% of the way through Lucy’s non-love flashback scene (granted that’s a low-side estimate so it may be more but I’m being safe). I’ve been working on both hers and Raf’s simultaneously but I wanted to make them longer than the individual love-based flashbacks since there’s two of those and only one for people who weren’t in love with their ex. So they’re both a bit more branching and a bit longer in general, I think. (Don’t quote me on that though, they might end up being the same length when all is said and done but it’s looking to be that way.) That being said hers has been going fairly quickly so I think I’m going to focus on Lucy’s non-love flashback for the time being and get that up first. (Most likely not by the end of this month… since that’s like a week away aha)

But yeah! After that the plan is still the same- finish Raf’s non-love flashback, then Yolanda’s 1x1 interview, then forward on from there (+ polishing up some things like the notes and relationship pages in their new formats, and the coding which is currently a bit of mess so don’t mind that as I’m slowly recoding pretty much everything to make it cleaner.)

Thank you for your patience!

40 Likes

@RenaB

So I chose that my MC had married Rafael out of love. Yet when I read the description on the two’s relationship:

You didn’t love him at first. And your relationship with him was… tense, for quite a while. You never really plan on who you’re going to fall for in life but this was… especially complicated. There was still a short while when you really believed it would all work out… Then you met Harbinger.

2 Likes

Whoopsies! Thank you for pointing that out! I’ll fix it up right away!

2 Likes