Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Does that mean Raf’s and Lucy’s children will inherit their powers or are the chances of them inheriting powers in general even different ones increase? Or we well learn more more this kind of stuff in the story or series?

Well I’d be happy to give you links to the songs but they are in Greek not sure if understand what they are saying xD

2 Likes

That’s what I thought.
Poor, poor darling Raf!

Appropiate song

1 Like

Oh, man, I really can’t wait to see the contrast between pre-power Lucy and Raf and post-power Lucy and Raf. Of course I am also expecting my heart to be properly broken by whatever triggered this change (not that that’s a bad thing, mind you).

6 Likes

@RenaB we haven’t actually meet Eileen yet in the wip yet right?

1 Like

Currently we only seen/met with Raf, Lucy, V/Vega/Vincent, Ricky (I believe) and someone else that I don’t really remember.

2 Likes

The suspense is actually killing me. God just what the heck is her job? @RenaB has been a tad secretive on that! …is she a kitten smuggler?

2 Likes

The Informant, Finley, Yolanda, Jacob…

1 Like

Them too. I really like The Informant. :blush:

2 Likes

Oh no, poor Raf :cry:

He deserves a good cry and a warm hug and the world. I can supply the tissues and the hug, but I’ll need to figure something out to get the world…

I’ve also been doing some more late-night youtube surfing and this song is very him

And MC just before the divorce

1 Like

He deserves cuddles at this point. Also kisses. Lots of kisses. And a vacation away from Nickelport.

If we’re doing songs that remind us of Raf or Raf/MC then I raise Norah Jones’ Come Away With Me

No real reason other than the vibe of the song being very intimate and rainy day slow dancing worthy (which I associate very strongly with Raf)

(Though my 2000s pop mood has Ricky/MC to this)

Just for this stanza

Don’t run away…
And it’s hard to love again,
When the only way it’s been,
When the only love you knew,
Just walked away…
If it’s something that you want,
Darling you don’t have to run,
You don’t have to go …

1 Like

There’s a chance that any kid Raf/Lucy fathered/mothered would have powers similar to that of their parent. But it’s the same way that if one of your parents has brown hair and the other has red, you could end up with either brown or red- or maybe even black because your great great grandfather had black hair and now it’s popped up again in you.

So if Raf/Lucy were to have a child, then, yes, they could end up with a similar (but probably not identical) power to them, or someone else in their family line. (As both of them had to have had relatives with powers in order to have powers themselves.)

That’s what Google is for- looking up the English lyrics! :smiley:

He could definitely use those blankets and snuggles.

That is, indeed, a very appropriate song.

It also means you’ll get to see them in the midst of developing their powers. Which, y’know, is always a fun time! :wink:

In fact, I hear it’s quite healthy to have a glass of heartbreak before bed.

I’m always happy to supply.

Not yet, nope!

Yep! There’s only two more left to meet before we’ve got the full main cast in. (And, of course, non-optional meetings of The Informant, Jacob, and Ricky for those who haven’t met them yet.)

Hehehehehe… You’ll never know!

(It’s actually really not that big a deal, I just find it funny since it fits her personality so well… and the way she meets the MC is through her job so it fits her personality even better, so… I dunno. I have my fun with it! :smile: )

He’s quite the mystery, ain’t he?

I mean, you have your own villain MC as a contact. I would imagine getting the world wouldn’t be all that much of a struggle.

Ohh… yep. Very, very Raf.

You people love bruising my heart through music, don’t ya?

I think that last part can go for pretty much anyone who’s ever stepped foot in Nickelport.

That’s a good raise.

Rainy day slow dancing is a very good way to describe romancing Raf, I’d say.

Ooh, yep, I can definitely see it!

5 Likes

Villain MC: You didn’t specify which world so I got you Jupiter

:angel:

1 Like

Today’s late night youtube browsing/procrastination has veered more towards cooking videos than to music so how would each of the ROs rank at cooking?

Raf made dinner in his first short, so I’m assuming he’s at least competent and we all know about Eileen and her baking but how would everyone else do? :thinking:

5 Likes

V wouldn’t settle for anything less than a 5 star dinner (but burned down the kitchen in the process)

Jacob can be pretty decent if he had the luxury/focus to do so – he’s living on instant noodles and coffee because law school is horrible – but he’s also accident prone. Expect to be nursing a few kitchen accidents

Ricky is…hopeless. His diet is just as bad as Jacob’s except he can afford fancy cup noodles and coffee (lives off Starbucks or some other coffee chain food)

I got nothing on Lucy and the rest :))

7 Likes

Only the finest and rarest ingredients for V (some of which being high toxic unless prepared correctly)

I thought the same, and they probably order takeout pretty often too since that’s even less effort than making instant ramen :stuck_out_tongue: Jacob would probably get Dominos while Ricky would get some fancy over-priced stuff

3 Likes

Jacob would cook for the MC though. Like even if he does hurt himself in the process. The boy will cook for the MC :)) Dinner dates would be likely in because eating out is/can be expensive

Pizza dates on the couch is also a very likely scenario

2 Likes

That makes it awkward on family dinners xD

2 Likes

Ooh, hmm, well, if I’m to start with ranking them (best to worst) and then I’ll go into more detail afterwards:

1. Raf
  2. Eileen
  3. V
  4. Finley
  5. Jacob
  6. Informant
  7. Yolanda
  8. Lucy
  9. Ricky

Also:

Yep. Nailed it.

I’ll go into some more depth on everyone just for the sake of it but you’ve definitely nailed it for them.

Raf - Raf is actually a really, really good cook. His mother was big on teaching him and his younger sister all the ‘real world skills’ they’d need to live on their own from a young age… Problem was that his sister despised cooking, and the only time she actually sat down to try it would usually end up in something inedible or a broken oven… So Raf did most of the cooking for the two of them as their mom was always very busy at work. Especially as he got older, because even after she retired to spend more time with her kids he’d just kinda… got used to being the one that cooked. As a result he knows a lot of home recipes as well and really honestly enjoys it, especially since it holds so many good memories of him and his little sister. In another life, if everything hadn’t gone so… wrong he probably would’ve been a chef.

Eileen - Eileen is better at baking then she is at cooking, but much like Raf it was a big part of her childhood. If you recall way back when I briefly talked about a few of the home-lives of these characters I mentioned that Eileen got her habits from her small-town childhood, where everyone would take care of everyone else. The same goes for cooking- lots of food festivals and cookouts where she would want to participate. So she learned a lot of different recipes from a lot of different neighbors. As a result, she’s actually a pretty good cook. She finds it relatively fun and definitely prefers the satisfaction that comes with eating something you’ve made yourself. So… yeah, although it’s probably nothing restaurant quality it’s definitely got it’s own little hometown charm.

V - The only reason I put V below Eileen is because V cannot cook simple things. As a result, this makes them cooking a little difficult and, as @squarelyblue mentioned, they’ve got a… habit… of playing with fire. (Their favorite thing to make is Baked Alaska, if that tells you anything.) So their cooking repertoire is a little thinner than that of Eileen’s, and they cook less often, but quality-wise they could technically compete with Raf on who’s better at cooking. (Raf would still probably win, admittedly, but V is also a damn good cook… of very expensive, very flammable, and probably otherwise highly dangerous things.)

Finley - Finley can cook simple things, they’re good at it but they can’t really make anything very complex. They’re big on not letting anyone who works at The Rust slip away from taking care of themselves (as can often happen with the stuff these people deal with) so they make a point of keeping the company fridge stocked with little sandwiches or other snacks to make sure that everyone, if nothing else, is at least eating something. Though they haven’t really tried anything more complex than scrambled eggs they’re pretty good at it, and could probably make something good with just a cookbook and some clear instructions.

Jacob - Jacob, skill-wise, is pretty much the same as Finley. What puts him below, however, is exactly what @squarelyblue mentioned- injuries. This boy is hopeless when it comes to trying to cook things in that he will either bleed, or get burned. It’s just inevitable. But it only makes him more determined to get it right. So if he is the one cooking that night, while the two of you will be eating a pretty good meal, he will also have his hands covered in bandages and band-aids. And ice. For the burns.

That and he’s slightly fallen out of practice because, again as @squarelyblue nailed it, law school.

Informant - Informant I would imagine would be a pretty decent cook, he just… doesn’t really have the time to cook. He’s a busy guy so most of his food is either take-out or at a diner where he can work and eat at the same time. But if he ever took the time to try, I think he’d be pretty decent at it.

Yolanda - Yolanda never cooks for herself. Why would she? She can hire a five-star chef and eat luxury meals so why bother cooking? She probably could and it would turn out okay, especially since she did cook some earlier in life- before the whole starlet thing- but she hasn’t in a long while and she’s not exactly in a rush to get back into it.

Lucy - Lucy’s ‘cooking’ is actually fine… If you’re a big fan of healthy smoothies. Because that’s just about the only thing she can make. Otherwise… Get the fire extinguisher.

Ricky - I’ll just echo @squarelyblue again here: Ricky is hopeless. Just…

Don’t try it.

He’s bad.

He won’t admit it but…

He’s bad.

Some?

I think you mean ‘most, if not all,’.

Nothing more romantic than overpriced pizza. (Or Dominos)

One piece of Jacob’s relationship route is him trying to sort of ‘prove’ that he’s actually worth the time and trouble (doesn’t matter if the MC already thinks so, he… doesn’t always). So trying to cook a nice meal for the two of them is definitely something he’d try to do.

Also ‘even if he does’? Oh, he definitely will.

Won’t stop 'im.

That is true, too.

Oh geez. I mean, Lucy kinda lucked out because she actually doesn’t know who it is. (She figures it’s probably a great gandparent or some other dead relative down the line that just so happened to crop up here)

But Raf??

Raf’s family dinners are… a time.

14 Likes

I think you give old Vincent a little too much credit. In my mind he ranks just above Ricky.
Vince might also have an unfortunate tendency to flambe almost everything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Now in terms of being a connoisseur of the finer things in life, I agree, but I doubt the guy is himself a good cook, he might think so, but he probably really isn’t.

1 Like

Still cute though.

It would be funny if Raf couldn’t foresee anything caused by cats.

The war with cats is never ending, we must be vigilant to keep the cats away from our delicious human food. :neutral_face:

:smirk:

So… definitely formulate an evil speech?

I’ll put it on my ‘I Might Do This (If I Don’t Forget About It)’ list. It’s not a big deal if someone else runs with it, too many things that take priority right now.

But murderous cats are dangerously adorable. :anguished:

3 Likes