Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

What is love?

Sorry. I had too…

3 Likes

Gotta get that fresh hot angst right off the grill.

But, jokes aside, I see. Ricky is definitely a special case in the way of ROs for nonstraight nonfemale MCs in the fact that he’s questioning his sexuality.

Well, then you’re also in luck there. Because V is definitely a pursuer, of course an MC can pursue them as well but, ya just gotta know that V is the kinda person who does things to an extreme. See someone they find attractive? Whoops, well, there go the fireworks that are totally and completely acquired legally what are you talking about.

They take things to an extreme.

What a varied and entirely different list you have.

Give in to the dark side.

It’s great.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

4 Likes

Of course my second mc is going to pursue Vince as well, but I like it that Vince can in fact make the opening moves.

Yeah, Ricky is a first of a kind unique (and very cute) RO in a videogame.

2 Likes

Perhaps because you’re talking about V and also perhaps because I misread this as ‘opening act’ for some undiscernable reason but my first though was of V putting on a sort-of one-person show for the MC as a method of confessing their feelings.

… And honestly that’s something V would do.

5 Likes

A random question I though while replaying, do all the cases connect to one big reveal or is each one different but the consequences and choices after the following ones and character interaction/relationship??

1 Like

Yes and yes?

There’s an underlying plotline that does connect pretty much all of the cases together, which you’ll start to get whiffs of in the next update. But at the same time, a lot of them involve personal stories of the people you’re exposing, which have little to do with the underlying plot that connects all of them. It’s about something going on in the world of heroes and villains, but it’s also about the people that it effects.

5 Likes

Oh boy oh boy I can’t wait xD

1 Like

Also I don’t want to be annoying but during the Red Light saving sequence instead of full stops there are comas (unless that’s how it is supposed to be I’M not 100% sure)

1 Like

Are you talking about this part?

If so, then yes, those are supposed to be commas. (With the hopes that it makes it feel like everything is happening faster together, with no breaks between them… Of course, whether or not it achieves that is up to debate, haha. :sweat_smile: )

I never said I didn’t throw in a little Uranium either… :smirk:

That’ll be three easy payments of $19.99.

Well, looking at my history on ListenOnRepeat, I’ve repeated one song around 98 times and I’m sure at least sixty, of them were done in one sitting and the song is about four minutes long.

Ehhh, I suppose something could be said about living a little.

In no particular order:

That’s weird, this paper says the life expectancy in Nickelport is 42 years. Wait a minute. Why is it written in pink crayon and looks like a glitter monster vomited on it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t know where you’d get that idea from. :grin:

2 Likes

I meant this part: He unceremoniously dumps you onto the cement floor, “Sorry to leave so quickly, but you know the deal,” and “As if in an afterthought, he turns to you once more,”
Then again I might be wrong if so sorry x3
Oh and you forgot a full stop here You wouldn’t have to let go, just- just help pull me up. Please
Hope I helped a bit!!

2 Likes

Trixie is the true benevolent(?) mastermind behind not only Nickleport, but our own world. She is far too powerful

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I meant the MC at first but I suppose it could be both of them at the same time :joy:

‘Woops, I’ve been wondering where I put those notes’

(The villain MC returns! Outfit this time is based on a runway model I saw online once but can’t find again :cry:)

11 Likes

This is slowly rolling downhill.

Which pretty much means uphill in Nickelport so…

Do you take payment in cookies?

Wow. I admire your tenacity.

Oooh, nice!

I think they overestimated.

It’s a mystery!

Ah, I see! Those are also meant to be commas for the same reason (stringing things together). But don’t worry about it! I always appreciate things like this! So, thank you so much!

Now I’ve gotta wonder, and your villain MC reminded me- does she work with Elaine?

Lemme guess- Half of their college movie dates ended in tears.

I guess I should let him know that he overestimated the lifespan. :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks really good! Love the outfit and, well, everything! :grin:

Also on a side note- I really love how swoopy his hair is. I dunno, it just stood out to me as being very nicely swoopy.

Also on another side note- I misread this as ‘runaway model’ and thought to myself- ‘well, that’d certainly make an interesting villain origin story.’

4 Likes

Hey! Watch how you snatch glitter covered papers! The last thing any of us need is glitter in our eyes.
(Looks great by the way. :smiley:)

What is reality? Do we exist?

No, but I do take payment in homemade Chinese dumplings. :dumpling:

And I just noticed that stray comma, so thanks and thanks. :laughing:

It’s the pink, it isn’t as sentient as purple.

@anon86661845 Tell villain MC to use purple next time, it’ll help prevent overestimation.

I guess that’s another mystery to add with the Loch Ness Monster and the Mothman…

1 Like

I like it!

If I ever decide to write a superhero/-villain game that will be a part of it.

3 Likes

They’re the co-leaders of their own secret feline society :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh absolutely

Well, he never has been good at math

Thanks, I was pretty proud of the swoopiness myself :grinning:

Also, I would totally read about a villain who’s also a former model. That’s one hell of a backstory

He’s anything but careful. That’s why his giant cat has to deal with all the collateral damage :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also, thank you :smiley: )

Will do

3 Likes

Hmm… Y’know, your amazing villain!MC @anon86661845 combined with the kickass playlists/songs that have popped up got me wonder:

What songs do you all associate with your MC(s)? (If any?)

Just a fun question if anyone wants to answer! :grin:

No.

To both of those.

Sounds good. :+1:

Well, you’re welcome and you’re welcome!

Ah, I see. I’ll have to keep this in mind.

Definitely! It’d be fun to see!

Cool, I figured but I just wanted to be sure! :wink:

It’s okay, neither have I- so I understand.

You should be! Very nicely swoopy! (Also everything else in it just looks so clean, the line art and movement and yeah).

3 Likes

Music plays a huge part in my writing and characters. My main MC, Angel, has an album I associate with him, and that’s Blackout by Britney Spears. I have a bunch of playlists for my characters and stories, I should start making them for everything now, they’re so fun to make :grin:

2 Likes

Mmmm. Not entirely sure yet but I do have songs for my ships :smiley:

Mild fic spoiler but “You are My Sunshine” is something I see for MC and Raf

2 Likes

This Caro Emerald song would be a decent reflection of the state (and lifestyle) my mc is in at the start of the game. How it develops from there depends on various factors and relationships we know too little about at this time. But in the film of my mc’s current life it could definitely be the opening theme.

2 Likes