Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

The MC is (especial the last two parts) x3

2 Likes

I mean… I can’t blame ya, I do the same. (Once I find someone I really love romancing it’s near impossible for me to play the game without romancing that person.)

Hmm… I suppose that would be possible. You’d have to carefully balance who’s story you’re following though, because the way I do friendship and romances (or at least have them planned out to do) is that each person has their own little ‘side story’, and in order to befriend or romance them, you have to partake in that side story to some extent.

And certain actions have to be completed before the RO is willing to enter a relationship with the MC. (Doesn’t need to have a specific result or else it’s not possible, the MC just needs to have been there and then sorta by consequence of being there have some input.)

As is such- I’m not entirely sure right now if some may be happening at the same or similar times, which would mean that the MC might, by extent, cancel out some romances by pursuing others.

Though I do feel like having the ability to break up with an RO would add a layer of immersion (and there are definitely things that the ROs will break up with MC for, those are already somewhat planned out. (With Eileen’s and Finley’s fully scoped out).) So… long story short:

Most likely. I’d like to put in something like that.

8 Likes

So a super normal and not weird question. Can the MC blackmail their ex to reenter a relationship with them.

1 Like

What is stopping them to kill you if you try to blackmail them?

1 Like

Tell a coworker to release the story if I end up dead

2 Likes

What an entirely normal question. Why, it’s almost surprisingly normal.

Not… really? Well, no. The answer is no. Blackmail wouldn’t work at all. For… spoiler reasons. (And also because neither of them would stand for that, but even more for spoiler reasons.)

For Raf? His moral compass.

For Lucy? She… might. She’d probably try for just intimidation first, though.

Oh! I suppose I should also add that because of the side-story aspect, some ‘romances’ will be more of a slow burn than others. People like the Informant, Ricky, Divorced Raf/Lucy, and Yolanda (emotionally) will all take a little longer to get into the “official” romance. (Though they may have feelings for the MC long before they admit it.)

8 Likes

I think it would end up very bad for your MC.

1 Like

I wouldnt tell the ex about the co worker part. Im not that suicidal

2 Likes

I’m not thinking about the co worker, I’m thinking Lucy beating your MC very badly and telling him if he try that again she will kill him.

2 Likes

Better…skip town?

1 Like

I bet the exes have a little something of their own to blackmail the MC with…

That or Trixie has something to blackmail them with… we all know how pet owners shed our dignity in front of and share our secrets with our fur babies. That cat could probably write the MC’s biography :smirk_cat:

5 Likes

Better skip all towns and live in the forest.

1 Like

:crown:
:grin:

Raaaaaf! :sob: He’s so sweet. I can’t wait to see him again :cry:

Trixie voice: One time I saw my human drink pasta sauce straight out of the jar and call it a meal. I also saw him cry for three hours straight after his favorite character in a cartoon died and he didn’t leave his room for two days. This happened more than once

6 Likes

S L O W B U R N

/blue. exe has stopped working

Ugh. Then factor in the danger and drama and ack

There will be feelings. It is unavoidable now (looking at you Ricky)

Okay good because now there is a ficlet brewing and I am upset with myself for it

4 Likes

It’s officially canon :rofl:

2 Likes

Well my mc is well and truly over Raf, so he’d go for Ricky and then I need to have multiple playthroughs for Vincent and Jacob.

They are definitely at the top of my list as well. The choice between Ricky and Vince seems to be more difficult then I though it would be.

1 Like

Blackmail is… a complicated manner when it comes between the Ex and the MC.

Let’s just say that there’s… a lot of reasons why the MC could never blackmail their Ex, and even more reasons why the Ex could never blackmail the MC.

It all has to do with why they’re divorced (er… I guess for this specific question more what happened after the divorce… and how it happened…) so… you’ll see.

Trixie however, she’s free to blackmail as she pleases. She does not abide by laws of plot. She is a free creature who has waayy too much on her owners.

I’m really, really excited to get to the actual point where you see the Ex again. It’s gonna be so much fun to write and I really hope it’s gonna be as much fun to read as it will be to write. But, y’know, I love it because it’s gonna be dramatic and agoddamnclusterfu- ahem, an intense scene.

Y’know it’s funny but with the crying at his favorite character dying thing I at first couldn’t figure out if you were talking about Raf or your MC. Now I figure that’s a way they might’ve bonded during college?

Did we get…

The blue screen of death?

Ain’t no romance like a slowly burning, dramatic, filled with denial romance.

No, shh, don’t be upset with yourself for it. I’m sure it’s lovely~!

All some very fun romances! :grin:

Wow, I’m actually kinda surprised since you’ve seemed very dead-set with Ricky as your sorta first RO choice. Whaddaya know! :thinking:

3 Likes

Ricky still wins out, because he’s also unique for a male mc, like mine, in that we can help him discover admit and ultimately come out of the closet with his being attracted to guys as well. Plus he’s way too much fun as my mc personal project to make him more fashionable too and then there’s all that delicious angst.

But Vince is cute and crazy and seems very fun (and unpredictable) as well, plus he actually pursues the mc and I also like being the pursued one and a lot of games unfortunately shy away from having the RO’s, particularly male ones, (try to) initiate anything with an mc they might like.

2 Likes

Oh I totally understand having a list of ROs, I have Lucy of course, then I’ll have playthroughs for Lucy, Lucy and Lucy :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

:A;

I wrote angst and I’m trying to salvage the situation because I refuse for things to end this way :))

(I’m sorry MC, you deserve more than that scenario)

I’m not succeeding very well

Baby, don’t hurt me don’t hurt me no more

1 Like