Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

That really is interesting, shame can’t see how their kids going to be

1 Like

Look like we have to use our

3 Likes

Well I could start it over again, but I only have the Sims there now.

1 Like

Well, it’s up to you

2 Likes

I’m not sure if there’s a game called that, a translation error or… you just misspelled Oregon…

1 Like

There is an organ trail but it’s a version of the Oregon trail with zombies added.

hmm I’ll have to see.

3 Likes

Found the picture of it.
screen520x924

2 Likes

I’m in my phone for this site more Often than not cause my computer is really slow.

1 Like

I have no internet. :frowning:

1 Like

This is sounding more and more like a movie-version college road trip.

Hop on in.

Oh, but of course! Didn’t you see that I apparently don’t have the capacity to write a romantic scene without something going horribly wrong either in the beginning or near the end? (Or both?)

I… Well, I was going to say I think that every romance here has something either dramatic or horrible (or dramatically horrible) that happens within it but then I remembered Eileen.

Eileen’s romance is very fun and fluffy. (There is some drama in it but even that is kinda sweet and well… it fits Eileen’s character well).

So… yeah. Eileen is the big exception to that rule. She’s just too… optimistic.

Now that is definitely going to be fun.

To give a brief, vague idea- lots of shock and denial of anything remotely relating to romantic feelings because there’s obviously no way at all…

It looks like @thatdodgymoggie’s got you covered but I just wanted to say that I’m sorry you’ve been feeling headaches and I hope you feel better soon!

This is honestly one of the most flattering things and I guess I don’t know why I’m so flattered that you guys wanted to do this but… yeah. I don’t know- it’s cool and I’m bad with words.

Also, wow, I that’s… just fantastic. I’m especially laughing at Jacob and Ricky because Jacob is a mess and Ricky is so neat and them living together- let alone being in a relationship- just… wow, haha.

That works too.

Gotta prep first- do some stretches before the sprint and all that jazz.

I’m always down for floofy fics.

Also- just remember- if you ever need to heal from heartbreak- talk to Eileen.

She’ll bake you cookies.

I… shudder at the thought of V being a parent.

Oh, hey! I also feel like now’s a good time to give another (briefer) progress report.

Admittedly I didn’t do as much writing this week on Model Citizens Unmasked- but that’s because I finally got something other than just plain ole TextEdit to work on my computer for coding. And so I wanted to play around with it in something that wasn’t MCU so that I didn’t screw anything up irreparably. I thought that this would be great because I could actually now see what line I’m working on instead of just guessing and then frantically searching everywhere when there’s a coding error. Also it would mean I didn’t have to repeat the *if statement every single line.

(Basically, using a bit that’s already uploaded, while it looks like this currently:

28 AM

Could look like this in the new one:

Much nicer for coding, right?)

I… honestly don’t know why TextEdit is so picky. It drove me insane when I first started writing because according to the guides I was doing everything just fine but according to TextEdit I wasn’t. I kept getting errors. Which was… bad, to say the least.

But the con of using TextWrangler instead is that I find it harder to write in. As you can see with the first screenshot- TextEdit shows you what the paragraph actually looks like, while TextWrangler puts it all on one line. I found that, when experimenting with TextWrangler, my paragraphs got a lot bulkier- places that should have been splits weren’t because I wasn’t used to not seeing where the split should be placed.

I.e. (using the bit of the story I wrote to mess around in TextWrangler and see if it would work better):

As you can see- everything got a lot larger and less broken up. Which is fine in general but can turn into a little… well, harder to read in a more interactive style of writing.

Then there’s also the problem of the previous code- I could leave it as is and it would work fine… I think. But there’s a chance that if I were to switch over to TextWrangler I might have to adjust the coding as well. And I would definitely want to in some area (coughcough the notes in the stats screen coughcough) because there’s so many tiny problems with them that always drive me insane even if I have no idea if others notice them at all.

So… it’s a bit of a toss up, really.

What I’m doing right now, and what I might keep doing, is to originally write everything in TextEdit, because it’s the writing I’m worried most about. Even if that means messy code… well, the story itself will read better. Then, when I get errors, I’ll switch over to TextWrangler as it’ll actually let me see the line number (and I cannot stress how much stress that takes away- because the searching for the line has always been my least favorite part of writing this and TextWrangler basically eliminates that) and I can take out any coding errors over there before going back to TextEdit for writing.

It’s… an experiment and, who knows? Maybe I’ll find myself using TextWrangler more and more as I grow more comfortable with it and understand how to write in it without getting huge blocks of text in there.

But, yeah. Part of this was a progress report, and part of it was just me trying to work out my own thoughts on these two coding programs (and ways of coding with them). Sorry for the long rant but… Well, it’s something to think about and any advice would be, as always, appreciated.

Sorry again. But thank you for being patient!

6 Likes

But why? Is V not good with kids

1 Like

Now I gotta ask you for Eileen shorts after reading that!

2 Likes

Not that, I have a feeling that their kid would love V since they are somewhat childish in a lot of ways.

It’s more that I shudder to think that their idea of “a fun family outing” would be something akin to setting a building on fire to roast marshmellows.

Hmm… I’ll have to search my notes and get back to you quickly on that, but I’ll reserve this space right here just for an Eileen short.

4 Likes

You swoon you sigh why deny it uh oh //cue muses

On a more fan-ish note: 2am thoughts earlier today had me like “okay but what if the ex and the MC reconcile and they have a quiet moment where they both know nothing is going to be the same but damn is this intimacy comforting and familiar and…” //clutches self

5 Likes

@RenaB in detecting a lack of Lucy in the last 100 posts, we need moar Lucy!

4 Likes

And here I thought no one going to shake my feeling to ex Raf/Lucy. sigh I always have soft spot for anyone who loves kids

4 Likes

Have you thought about using CSIDE?
It’s definitely a huge help for me…

1 Like

[quote=“RenaB, post:899, topic:22922”]
It’s more that I shudder to think that their idea of “a fun family outing” would be something akin to setting a building on fire to roast marshmellows.

Wait, is that not a normal childhood activity?!

But the hero rise character did have an adotped child who turned out to look a **lot ** like V.

3 Likes

There, uh, may or may not be a scene like this planned out. //kicking notes under chair

You saw nothing.

Ahaha, geez, I’m looking for so many other people’s shorts. I’ll add her to the list as well.

V is both the best and worst when it comes to kids- on one hand, the kids’ll love them.

On the other hand- they’re all going to take a family vacation to rob a bank.

It’s definitely one I’ve continued, but the thing with my computer is… well…

It’s… not the best.

Let’s put it this way- I frantically save after every sentence because there have been times when I try to switch the song I’m listening to on youtube and my computer decides that means it’s time to shut down and restart.

So when it comes to downloading a new program, especially a more complex program I’m often… hesitant.

Well, it is when you’re with V.

That poor, poor child.

5 Likes

Oh, that sucks!
My computer did the same thing for a few months after the auto-update to windows 10 went completely wrong. I’m just lucky the final crash was within the warranty period, or I would have had to go without a laptop for at least half a year.

2 Likes