Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Oh geez! :scream: Someone get the defibrillator! Does anyone know anti-sweetness CPR?

Don’t worry- the cat is still alive and kicking (err… clawing?) during the present-timeline :smile:

I’m not sure about hugging her though… does hugging cats usually go well? 'Cause I’ve heard… otherwise.

2 Likes

Really depends on the cat, to be honest. XD I had one who was a complete cuddle whore. He wanted to be packed around and would put his fangs on you in threat if you did not pet him or hold him when he wanted it. Some cats are very dogish, while others are very aloof and dem when you are worthy that day to pet them or to lay on you. XD Though for this cat, packs/light hugs, might not be up to her ally if you are going more towards the super catish end of the cat personality spectrum.

I’m not kidding about a cat acting like a dog. Used to have one who would wrestle with the Jack Russell that was about his size. I mean legit soft paw boxing and pouncing on him and paying pleasenty with the dog, and come when called.

3 Likes

That is… certainly one way to show affection.

Huh, whaddaya know?

As for the cat, I want her to be more affectionate since, well… pets reflect their owners a lot, and her owner is Raf soo…

I just didn’t want to veer into the kind of territory where people start wondering how she could possibly be a cat because she obviously doesn’t act like a cat.

But that’s mainly because most of my cat-interaction revolves around barn cats… Which frankly I’m basing her on because the barn cat is weirdly affectionate towards me. (She likes to follow me around and sit on the stall doors when I groom the horses, then will bop her head against my hand whenever I try to get her off of the saddle pads so I can tack the horse up.)

I think its because I’m the one who has to clean up whatever she leaves behind when she kills the birds that get trapped in the barn.

Nonetheless, she’s the main cat-experience that I use to understand how Raf’s cat ticks. Because it’d be either her or my childhood cats but… neither of them were particularly affectionate. One was pretty badass, though. He got in a fight with a mountain lion when I was young, I remember after he came back from the vet we had to lock him in a room with one of us constantly so that he wouldn’t try to go outside and hunt and mess up all the surgery they had to do on his hind-end, which was entirely shaved for a good two weeks or so. He also knew our neighbors hated rats… so he would leave exclusively rats at their door.

That’s so cute!!

4 Likes

Ugh my feelings!!! I might be a bit late to the party but I thoroughly enjoyed all of your short stories, the mystery one mentioning Ms. James at the end was a really nice touch. And correct me if I’m wrong but for Raf’s short story when he was kind of staring into space and cursing under his breath… That was him using his powers, wasn’t it? Trying to find the best way to deal with the MC and all that. Ugh, my heart from the last bit- ‘No more lies’ I AM A FRAGILE BEING. THERE IS A LIMIT TO HOW MUCH HEARTBREAK I CAN HANDLE.

Yeah but seriously I love your writing. Keep it up!!!

4 Likes

Yay! More victims. :heart:

You’re fine! (Always best to be fashionably late, as they say.)

I’m so glad you enjoyed them all! (And I’m also so happy you noticed that li’l bit! Natalie’s reputation does definitely preceed her.)

Well, I’m afraid I can’t correct you, friend, because you would be entirely correct in thinking that! Sharp eyes, you’ve got. :wink:

Well, we’ll be sure to test that limit. Y’know… for science…

It’s especially funny when you take into account for the fact that the entire car excuse is a lie itself…

Ah, geez, thank you so much!

I’ll be sure to do my best!

6 Likes

I keep imaging the cat like this:

8 Likes

What a cutiepie!

I’m probably just gonna go ahead and let the reader decide the cat’s color- mainly because: 1) Why not? and 2) I can’t really settle on what the cat looks like so, yeah!

But really main because why not?

My current cat is a giant fluff-ball of a birman, and he absolutely loves being cuddled, and carried around, and when we use him as a pillow (tiny fluffy murder-pillow!).
He rarely wants to lie ON us, for some reason. He prefers cuddling up to my side, or laying on my arm.
Right now he’s being a complete menace though, because I won’t let him outside (he’s having allergic reactions to the food our neighbors put out for their cat. Also, he’s eating her food!)

In less cat related news:
I really love this WIP! I recently read through 90% of all WIP’s on dashingdon’s site, and this one was definitely in my top 5!

2 Likes

Sounds like another cutiepie! Er… cutie-murder-pillow (Ah, yes, animals and their stubbornness… they’re cute and they think they rule the world.)

Oh, wow! Thank you so much! I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying it so far!

1 Like

So, uh, this is a funny problem.

I’m currently working on the one on one interview with Yolanda Waltz- and I realized that all of the questions I had outlined and planned for required the MC to have asked something/met someone previously that they would then draw on that knowledge.

While all of these questions were dependent on different actions, so it would be most likely that you’d end up with at least some of them…

I tried it out myself and realized it was fully possible to end up with none of them. And just have the two questions that everybody gets. Which isn’t good.

So, I’m trying to come up with more questions that any MC, regardless of what they have or haven’t learned so far, could ask. And I figured, well, now’s a good time to ask what you all want to ask Waltz about?

(For context, I should mention that the two you get to ask Yolanda Waltz about no matter your previous actions are about the statue and the drinks, respectively.)

1 Like

Yolanda’s the manager of Chat Blanc, right? Which is different to being the owner. Because I remember there being a rumour that Sweet Sound owns Chat Blanc — so maybe asking Yolanda about that would be interesting. (Unless I got confused somewhere along the line.)

Also, this isn’t a serious question but I think it would be hilarious if we could ask Yolanda about her dating life (as basically all interviews with female celebrities do), just to see her reaction to that.

4 Likes

Can we ask her what she thinks about Lucy? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re not confused at all! She is the manager of Chat Blanc (though over the years people have started to sorta treat her like the owner as well- mainly because she’s kinda become the face everyone associates with the name Chat Blanc. But also because the ‘owner’, or at least public owner, is Michael Keeth who’s very old, hardly ever seen, never talks, and is generally viewed as secondhand when is comes to the Chat Blanc. The rumor itself, while I haven’t gone in-depth with it in-game, is essentially that Keeth is a front- an old man with little say who’s mind is fading used as a decoy of sorts while Sweet Sound puppeteers the entire thing from backstage).

But, yeah! Sounds good. I’ll put that in as well!

So, fun fact, if your MC is A) female, and B) earns her respect- Yolanda will flirt with the MC. The MC can flirt back (in different ways) or refuse (also in different ways), or just bring the conversation back to business and avoid the matter entirely.

But, that sounds like a fun little thing to input as well! Then I could also play with it depending on what the conversation has been leading up to when the MC asks that…

Alright! Sounds good as well, thank you!

Considering Yolanda doesn’t know who Lucy is she’d be very, very confused :sweat_smile:

Now if you asked what she thinks about Valkyrie, one of Nickelport’s most infamous villains, she’d know who she is- but be even more confused.

3 Likes

Fixed for you!
20 char

3 Likes

Of course, how silly of me.

But, uh, also… good luck getting that through the press. Somehow I have a feeling it’ll have a hard time getting through to the front page when it comes to a story about Valkyrie.

Or, y’know, to anyone who’s encountered her as Valkyrie.
They… might go with ‘terrifying’ as a descriptor first. :smile:

2 Likes

I doubt there is anyone who is more of an expert about Valkyrie than the MC, so I’m going with his description.

1 Like

So far as this demo goes… this is damn awesome story/game. Feels really realistic. Loving aspect that someone made a game where you are just a ordinary human in the world with superheroes. Hope you will keep up the good work. Looking forward to full release of the game :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

I was going to make a joke about this.

But then I realized the joke included spoilers. So I had to delete it.

Bad jokes are my life- they’re all I’m good at! This is torture. Why did you do this to me? :cry:

I guess all I can say is this: You, uh, don’t know how right you are.

Oh, geez, you flatter me! :blush:

I’m so glad you enjoy it! (And the ordinary-human aspect of it. It was a weird idea at first but I’m happy it seems to be going well!)

Thank you so much! I’ll do my best!

6 Likes

Hey there everyone! Just a quick progress report so that you’re all up to date on how the update is going.
Geddit?

I figured I should go ahead and give this report now since I’ve pretty much finished and wrapped up the first of the three paths. (Ricky’s, as that was the easiest and quickest to do so I just decided to get it done with today. Though it is a little longer than I thought since I decided to add something more in to even it out with the other paths. Those of you who have wanted more scenes with your divorcee will be happy about that.)

Other than that, the QnA/Daisy Kiddens Sidequest is almost done, but that’s mostly because I realized, timing-wise, that the sidequest had to be set up here but happen later. So you’ll activate the sidequest in the QnA but it’ll be stored until after we catch up with the “present-day” part of the story.

And, finally, Yolanda’s QnA has become a lot bigger than I originally anticipated it would be, but it’s also progressing well. (Just a little slower than expected due to size.) I really wanted to try making it flow like a conversation, so it’s now the scene with (so-far) the most amount of variation depending on your previous choices. But, it’s fun! I like exploring all the different ways your conversation with Yolanda can go.

Word-wise, well, I’m doing Camp Nano so I’d say that’s a pretty easy way to track most of what’s been written (give or take a few considering I started working on this update a little beforehand), so, that means I’m 26,201 words into the update (with a solid 90% of that being located in the 1x1 Interview).

I’m hoping it won’t be too long before I’m able to put all that and more into the actual public demo. I have a stopping point in mind for when it’ll all be actually-updated and it’s almost directly after you leave the party so it won’t be so long after I finish up these three scenes.

But, yeah! Thank you for your continued patience! :smile:

21 Likes

Strangely there is no mention of Lucy. Must be a blue moon or something.

4 Likes