Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

You see my MC is a man that will do whatever it need to get the info either using my under ground contacts like mole people

`

1 Like

The best way to wrap up any sentence is in a compliment!

Whoops, sorry about the confusion. :sweat_smile:

I need to pay more attention to these pages.

But wouldn’t they still be biologically human? They’re made up of the same DNA, have the same organs, the same kinda flesh…

I mean zombies are already dead so they don’t have to worry about the moral and health repercussions of cannibalism but humans…? Humans still got a life to live. (Side note… though I guess this whole thing is a side-note: I have the feeling that this would be the kind of thing you’d see on The Walking Dead.)

… Maybe.

(This was also one of the times I saw one of those good ole Shell signs with the ‘s’ gone out and hell staring at me with bright red, unblinking eyes.)

Probably.

At this point in time I think you could gesture to almost any comic company as proof that you can never have enough weird alternate realities… :sweat_smile:

[spoiler]Because he’s Phil.

Gotta love them spoilers :grin:

That sounds like the name of a reality TV show if Likewise ever had a reality TV show… which honestly they would do that just for kicks. Also, do they try to blackmail you? Ohoho, ab-so-lute-ly.
You underestimate their capacity to do evil for fun.

That would be the weirdest game of Clue ever. You couldn’t even see the board it’d be covered with rainbow vomit. But if you want to know who the mastermind is… well, you’ll find out. Or not. You’ll have the chance to find out.

But of course! Now you underestimate the possibility for the MC to be adorably awkward and endearing.
No name yet though, you’re gonna have to earn his trust to get that. :smile:

That’s a fairly serious jump from “Hey lets go out” to “Hey I’m gonna kill you if you ever break my heart”… MC might need some tea to calm down.
Ah, geez, if MC asked him to prove it? Well it’d depend on how close they are… Part of me wants to say ‘he’d prove it’ and part of me wants to say ‘Ricky please chill’. (But of course that’d be for an MC he’s romantically involved with. Any other MC he’d probably just roll his eyes and say he was messing with them.)

Raf is honestly the most patient character out of the group and he deserves a medal for that. (Even Eileen has to get up and walk away sometimes but Raf just sits and waits for everyone to calm down.)

Two words: Grappling hook.
They’ll say they stole it from Red Light.

Short answer? No.[/spoiler]

… Maybe.

My mind immediately went to the cliche of the woman in the nightdress (because of course all damsels in distress must wear silky nightdresses… it’s in the handbook! Didn’t you read it?) Tied above some kind of death pool (sharks, lava, you name it we’ve got it!) While the supervillain cackles maniacally over some kinda death ray that will destroy the world! (Not, y’know, accounting for the fact that it’ll destroy them, too.) And the hero swoops in with just seconds on the clock.

My next thought is that if anybody was going to set up this elaborate and purposefully cliche a situation, it’d be Likewise. Who would quite literally stage it all to look like the extreme cliche and then the MC walks in to this, with Ricky tied up in the nightdress dangling above the pool of sharks, Likewise in the most ridiculous, mish-mashed outfit ever because they slapped all the villain cliche’s they could think of together (you’ve got the robotic eye, the collar that towers above their head, the metal claw-hand, the pegleg, the glowy skin, the multiple artificial limbs, the weirdly revealing and not-battle-practical skin-tight bodysuit, everything) and their entire monologue is on a series of notecards because the one thing that they couldn’t be bothered to do when setting all this up is memorize a speech.

The most majestic steed.

That’s… certainly one emotion.
I’m not sure that would be the most prominent emotion of his after this entire ordeal.

Not the mole people! Anyone but them!

Also I think you’ve won for most beautiful pun.

5 Likes

I’m not entirely sure here since I’m not a virologist (anyone who knows anything about viruses correct me if I’m wrong), but if it’s caused by a virus can’t it change the DNA and RNA strands?

(Edit: forgot to say probably NSFW and trigger warning.) According to this health depends on what parts of the body you’re eating, although you should probably avoid eating said body parts regardless of what animal they come from. That doesn’t include mental health though. (When The Walking Dead first aired I hated it. I hated how popular zombies were becoming while vampires only got shit like Twilight. Now I’m just like, “Don’t kill Daryl, don’t kill Daryl, don’t kill Daryl, don’t kill Negan…” with the occasional, “Why did Glenn and Abraham have to die!?” Have you seen Z Nation?)

Was the h capitalized on that Shell sign.

I’m more into Marvel so that’s the first company that came to mind and the only one. :sweat:

[spoiler]Y’know just as an insult, I think MC would slap Likewise with a pickled herring or throw a rotting durian fruit at them.

I just imagined everyone in the club playing Clue after the rainbow vomit fiasco and using that to figure out who poisoned the alcohol. Like, “It was Ricky with a spatula at the bar!”

Time for some spring cleaning at The Rust and recycle all of those files in the basement. Who keeps non-archival paper in a dank basement anyway? Everyone knows paper isn’t useful when it’s being consumed by mold and mildew!

Couldn’t resist. But what if MC persists and never leaves it alone until Ricky proves it? :scream:

Aw, Raf needs a relaxing shoulder massage from MC.

That probably explains why MC can’t get down. Grappling hooks may be good for getting up to places, but they aren’t good for getting down.

The long answer is noooooooo, isn’t it?[/spoiler]

No, I read the Dastardly Gentleperson’s Guide to Conquering the Nuclear Post-Apocalyptic World with Your Raider Henchpeople. Completely different books.

“Ricky, I can’t rescue you until you put on this sexy nightdress!” Ricky flips the MC off, “Go to Hell, MC!”

So Likewise is a strangely sexy super irradiated robot pirate villain? Are they trying to make MC literally die from laughter?

What all steed’s aspire to be!

At this point everything here is an inescapable circus filled with clowns and all of us are the victims.

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea. I remember, essentially, two things from my high school bio class- being the only person willing to dissect anything and then in a (failed) attempt to make the others feel more comfortable cracking horrible puns about the innards of a worm and as an end result ruining lunch for everyone involved (there was spaghetti for lunch…), and this one time our teacher was absent so we just watched a video on Darwin’s life where halfway through it was like they got lazy and just said that he studied death then showed a mishmash of animals killing each other up close for a good ten minutes before saying he also studied “the making of life” and… well… yeah we were all already pretty uncomfortable it really wasn’t a necessary addition for a biology class filled with a bunch of teenagers who didn’t want to be there anyway.

The sub was very confused as to what our class was doing. She just kinda stared at us accusingly for the entire time.

Long story short- I have no idea.

Huh. My first thought was that I never expected a discussion on superheroes to lead to reading about cannibalism and the health repercussions of it. But such is the nature of discussions, I find.

My second thought is- just what did the person who wrote this have to read to get all this information? How did they even find it?

I haven’t seen Z Nation but I’m going to take a wild guess it has to do with zombies.

No, sadly not. That would’ve been the cherry on top if it was.

It’s all good. Same here, I’ve only really just started branching out into other works (besides the small, independent comic books that I stumble upon and read) but I’ve noticed a prominent pattern of alternate realities…

[spoiler]Those are very specific things and I just imagine the MC having to leave the conversation for a moment to go and find them somewhere in the more obscure sections of Nickelport and drive back to throw it at Likewise.

In his defense, any kind of game night with these people will most likely lead to Ricky getting accused of something. Most of them don’t like him very much… :sweat_smile:

Yeah but where else do you put highly sensitive material that could expose dozens of people to the world and all their powered enemies who really just want to see their bodies six feet under to rid themselves of the trouble? You can’t very well hire a cleaning service.

Well. I agree with Mister Cat there, I love tea for caffeine. Drink it instead of coffee.
… And maybe giving caffeine to some of these MCs isn’t always the best idea.

Unless you’re in Just Cause. Then you just gotta grapple hook the ground and everything will be A-OK.
'Cause Physics.

… Maybe.[/spoiler]

Ah, my bad.

But you should really read the handbook then. The second edition is especially great.

Did… did the MC stop at a store to buy this nightdress before coming to rescue him?
I’m slightly concerned for the MCs prioritization skills.

Yes, that’s their plan all along.

I mean it’s not like their normal super villain outfit is any less ridiculous. Not quite as… extravagant, sure, but it’s definitely not what you’d call ‘combat armor’.

A Pit of Clowns.

4 Likes

i read the same book and ignored the gentleperson part and raider Henchman part and replaced it with How to take over the wasteland over with your corrupt NCR and BOS army while everyone calls you Courier of course i wrote the book on real life experiences

1 Like

I remember we had to dissect frogs in science class, it wouldn’t have been so bad if it hadn’t taken a formaldehyde bath. Oh and I remember the same science teacher made us watch a video of a woman giving birth, A grade horror movie stuff right there. I think it sufficiently left everyone in the classroom scarred. That science teacher was my favorite.

I’m sure if we look back, we can map out how exactly we arrived at this point in time. I’d say most, if not all of it, came from Wikipedia.

Yep. It’s pretty cheesy too.

The charred cherry on top of the evaporated sundae.

[spoiler]Sounds like MC and Likewise are going to be rivals trying to see who can out ridiculous the other. So Ricky’s dangling over a pool of sharks and Likewise is pretending to be a… whatever he’s dressed up as when MC enters wearing sequin disco pants and shoes, a shirt and coat from the American Revolutionary War, and sparkly pink cat eye sunglasses. MC unties Ricky and tells him to put on the nightdress, of course Ricky protests, but MC tells him to stop back sassing them. The sharks get replaced with irradiated disco man o’ wars (complete with a disco ball) and Ricky is dangled over it again. Something like that.

Pfft obviously you give it to someone like Informant.

Funny enough, coffee and tea don’t really give me an energy boost. Energy drinks might as well be tranquilizers.[/spoiler]

I’ll grab it the next time I raid a library or bookstore.

Yes? MC’s prioritization skills are the result of Nickelport’s education system.

A Pit of Pennywise Clowns.

Next time I’m out west I’ll be sure to compulsively steal a copy. Maybe do some gambling while I’m there.

2 Likes

First of all, love your game. Your idea is original and exciting. Secondly, will the supervillian ex be redeemable or a big part of the MC’s story or just a person of the MC’s past? Seriously, I loved playing this and cannot wait for more.

1 Like

Ah, yes, we, too, had to watch such a video. (Though it was in my freshman year health class… a class which at one point in time a kid had the unfortunate opportunity to shadow in and wasn’t told that today was delivery day and… well… he fainted.)

Ever since then they made sure to not let a shadow in during that class period.

Looks like a gouda show.

Delicious.

[spoiler]Likewise would slowly applaud the MCs showmanship. I think that your MC has officially out-Likewised Likewise.

Yes, because that’s exactly where you should put highly sensitive top secret material.
With an informant.
Whose name is literally Informant.

Huh, weird. For me caffeine only works if its late at night. Otherwise it just reminds me ‘hey its morning pal’ but doesn’t make me feel any more awake.[/spoiler]

Ah…

That explains a lot.

Thank you so much! I’m so happy you like it! :blush:

[spoiler]Yes, the Ex will play a part in the story! Although how big of a part can vary from MC to MC the marriage, in and of itself, is pretty plot-important, so that plays a big part no matter what. As for whether or not the Ex is redeemable…?

Well, depends on your idea of ‘redemption’, and who your Ex is.[/spoiler]

Yay! I’m so happy you enjoy it!

The next part should be up fairly soon? I failed on my goal of end of this week (mainly due to the fact that I wrote more than I anticipated… which isn’t really a bad thing, I think.)

But it’s progressing along well so that’s good!

3 Likes

finally had a time to do some playtest and i just want to say i enjoy this one :D. though i just realized something, when i get to the party with Ricky and ask his opinion about the drink (i take it the MC following his advice not to take any drink) but this is what happened next :

You try to write down the name, but your hand is shaking and you just…
can’t. You tuck your pocket book away, fumbling with the pen, and go
back to holding your head up with your hands, elbows on the table. Breathe deeply, you tell yourself. You saw others recover from this, so you just have to wait it out, you hope.

that shouldn’t happened, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yay! I’m glad you had fun with it!

Oh, whoops! Nope that definitely shouldn’t be happening!

Thank you for pointing it out!

1 Like

Hello! I LOVE your game (and princecatlings drawings, how do you do profiles so well?!) Anyway, would there be any scenarios were the main character or any other characters die because you failed at something, and is every person with a relationship percentage romancable?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m so happy you like it! :smile:

So, as of right now, there are some characters that can die because of your actions.
While most of these people do play a fairly major role in the cases in which you meet them I’m not sure I would define any of them as ‘main characters’. (None are romanceable, if that assuages any worries. :wink:)

This is mainly due to a personal thing where after a couple of really poorly handled death scenes I’ve started to see killing off characters as something of a… quick way out? I don’t want to say ‘cheap excuse’ because I’ve seen people handle it really well and have it turn out amazing and absolutely heart-wrenching. But it can come across that way in books and in a lot of books I’ve read it just kinda felt like the author didn’t have anything more to do with the character and killed them off. (Granted, a lot of the books I read are the dollar-store stuff you get at airports because I can usually finish them within the flight, and struggle with sleeping on planes).

So I like to challenge myself to avoid killing off characters.
And come up with something a little worse. :smiley:

So when it comes to main characters (as of now) there are no plans for them to die due to the MCs actions (which is subject to change), but that’s not to say the MC can’t screw everyone over horribly. (On purpose or on accident!)

But yeah, death, even if it does come into play later, would be probably the hardest to achieve accidentally. If someone really important is going to die in this they’d better go out with a bang. (Literally or figuratively!)

3 Likes

Oh just the usual asnwer, lots of practice, reference, sleepless nights crying after not being able to get things right and from the constant fear of carpal tunnel, and the occasional blood sacrifice in this big fancy booby-trapped pit of our’s :slight_smile: Thank you by the way

2 Likes

lol no update just plotting creatively killing off the characters we have made maybe one conversation with.

1 Like

So I kinda made a playlist inspired by MC:U… It’s not exactly done, I’ll probably be adding or removing things in the future, but I thought I might as well show it to you now

Tried to make the mc for the cover art look as ambiguous as I could but I think 1) I made them just a bit too masculine looking and 2) that little hair curl I added to break up the shape makes them look like a skinny Clark Kent. So. Oops. MC is Superman now apparently. I was also originally going to color it but I ended up really liking it just monochrome

I was using music that fit Nickleport’s mood more than songs specifically for any of the characters or events so far though the first couple songs ended up being kind of about an MC who married for love since I felt like those songs fit really well

2 Likes

Occasional? You’re doing it wrong. Every time you make a mistake you need to offer up to at least 3 sacrificial virgins as compensation. After you start doing that you should see some progress.

2 Likes

Exactly that why sacrifice at least 12 people and a Canadian to myself so i can contact this realm through this thing called the internet

2 Likes

The best way to develop a character is to plot the many horrible things that could happen to them. :smile:

Ahhhh, I love it! It’s so good!

Now I know what I’m going to be listening to for the next month on repeat.

Was the MC not Superman before?

I mean with the kinda stuff that they go through they’ve either got extremely good luck or are just… Superman.

It looks really good monochrome! (Well, I mean, it looks really good in general but I love it monochrome, I think that was a good decision!)

They do fit really well! It’s actually funny since a couple of them are ones I’ve used in the past to plot out some of the aspects of MC:U (Freaking Out, Animal, etc.) So, whaddaya know? You were definitely right that they fit well! :wink:

But you forget! Every time you do something right you have to sacrifice five people- not necessarily virgins but I’m told those have a stronger effect than others.

How… how does one sacrifice something to themselves?

2 Likes

He has his minions do it for him. Also virgins do have a stronger affect then the regular people. Also albinos, the left wing of a bat, some salvia from a married man or woman, the scale of a fish on its dying breath, and yes the occasional Canadian barkeep works too.

2 Likes

At least you didn’t have to watch it in middle school…

Or they could’ve started giving proper warnings before the class started. Just a thought.

There’s an Abondance (had to look for that one) of creative zombie deaths.

[spoiler]Does my MC get an award for that?

Well, I don’t think Informant’s name is actually Informant. That’s a name a robot would have, it’s way too obvious. Also, Informant might be a robot now.

Caffeine, coffee in particular, is a morning habit. The day hasn’t officially started and I probably haven’t gotten out of bed until I’ve had my morning coffee. But, yeah, I agree, it doesn’t make me feel any more awake.[/spoiler]

This is why we need to divert all funds from the education system and put them into the villain outreach program.

Don’t forget the whole, “If your plot isn’t going anywhere, kill a character!” and, “Let’s kill this character because they get in the way of these characters getting together!”

It could be a well-written cheap excuse?

Internet service is getting expensive these days.

3 Likes