Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

I just want to say that I love the new update. I especially love the fake marriage to Raf. It’s so intruiging. It’s almost unfortunate that my heart already belongs to Ricky, so there’ll be no fake love to real love journey that I love so much.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m glad! Aha! Well, like I always say there’s always multiple playthroughs to try a little bit of everything! :grin:

Holy cow what an update! I think this really solidified Ricky as one of my favorite characters of all time, cuz I love his back and forth with the MC. That being said… violently shakes Ricky LET ME LOVE YOU

Also the marriage flashbacks had me simultaneously grinning with joy and crying so well done!! Your writing is incredible.

5 Likes

I can’t find the update…I’ve been trying over and over again and I don’t see anything about asking Ricky to come with me

3 Likes

@Animallover101 When you’re trying to get into Chat Blanc you have to choose the “What kind of self-respecting reporter doesn’t have contacts?” option

4 Likes

You know I’m even more confused with Lucy now.
Why did she leave then? Boredom? Trust? :pensive: was the relationship too stale for her that she wanted a redo?!

Ah look at me fretting over a fictional relationship. Now thats good writing.
(Maybe someone already pointed it out but in the party scene with Ricky boy, Raf showed up instead of Lucy)

2 Likes

@BoisterousBumblebee When you’re at the party whoever you weren’t married to is supposed to show up, so in your case since you were married to Lucy Raf is supposed to show up

3 Likes

I played the demo again, but it seems the game ended before any new scene. Are there certain choices I have to pick?

1 Like

You need to go with Ricky boy to get the new scenes WHICH BROKE MY HEART!

ALSO WHAT ABOUT IS RAF’S FATHER? IS HE ALIVE? WHAT IS HE LIKE? AND WHAT DOES HE THINK OF US CAUSE CATIA IN THE DATING PHASE SOUNDS TERRIFYING!!

7 Likes

My brain put in “nature boy” in place of that.

4 Likes

Lol! So the complete opposite if Ricky? Just picturing him camping makes me snicker.

5 Likes

:smiley:

!!! I’m so glad you liked his back and forth!! (It’s always part of why writing with Ricky is so much fun for me, ahaha)

In due time, my friend, in due time!

Awww, geez, thank you so so so much! I’m so thrilled to know that you had fun with it!! :blush:

Like @forest it’s the choice at the very beginning when choosing how to get to the party- should be the very last option, I believe?

Sounds like Lucy.

Ahaha, well, you’ll see… :wink:

Aaaa, thank you!!

Yep like @forest said that’s on purpose!

Your meeting with your Ex will be… much, much more dramatic.

:smile:

:blush:

Hmmm… what can I say without spoiling?

Well, he’s still alive. He’s… pretty obviously not on the best of terms with Raf or Cátia, and even if you married Raf out of love the MC hasn’t met him… yet.

As for Cátia- she loves her children, and she’s also an extremely overprotective mother and a highly successful ex-police-woman so… yeah, dating-phase Cátia is definitely intimidating.

Raf’s dad is another story.

HA! So… not Ricky, then?

Haha, yep! Pretty much. Ricky and camping just… don’t mix.

7 Likes

Different Ricky definitely, Nature boy Ric Flair was a wrestler of old and a 2 time WWE hall of fame inductee.
Edit: He wrestled for 40 years.

4 Likes

I wonder if his dad is that touchy a subject if the MC hasn’t met him yet (more so if they were in love if/when they married)

What if Papa Raf is a villain O:

2 Likes

Huh, wow, definitely a very different Ricky then!

Well it’s about 2 in the morning let’s see how well I can refrain from spoiling anything:

You can actually get a bit of a sense of how Raf feels about his dad depending on what you pick in one of the conversation branches in the love path. (If I’m right then it’s somewhere in the not really liking Ash but also not wanting to be rude and just kinda awkwardly going along with it.)

You should eventually get the chance to bring up one of the similarities between him and his dad and his reaction is pretty telling to Raf’s overall feelings towards his father.

Let me also put it this way: Raf… Was never exactly in a hurry for the MC to meet his father.

But the family dynamic overall is pretty complicated after all just look at how Cátia speaks about her marriage to him or how Rad reacts to the above mention and compare that with how Ash seems to talk about him. There’s some very… contrasting feelings between everyone there.

As for Raf’s dad himself well… you’ll get to see how your MC, personally, feels about him later. He plays a very interesting part in Raf’s story if Raf is your Ex.

Edit: hmm… actually I might have gotten the location of the thing wrong… like I said it’s late so I’ll do another quick search in the story because I’m 90% sure something is there? Or I’m hallucinating and getting my future plot notes mixed up with what’s currently in the demo.

Could be either, aha.

6 Likes

How do I get to ricky’s scene to trigger the new Valentine update?

1 Like

Pick the option

What kind of self-respecting reporter doesn’t have contacts? You could certainly pull a few behind-the-scenes strings to get in…

Play the rest whatever you like and when you leave the party the flashback will trigger :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you very much!! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Finally read the new update. And oh my god…the scene when Lucy confesses her feelings to mc brought tears to my eyes. I can imagine how happy my mc must be. Really love the update! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oooooooooh this song popped up in my youtube suggestions and it’s very Ricky + MC’s early relationship :eyes:

Also Ricky’s little “Good night” to an mc with a high-ish relationship with him at the end just killed me. I suppose you can consider that to be revenge for me getting you into TAZ

5 Likes