Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

“I am the Walrus” by the Beatles

2 Likes

Y’know, I haven’t actually ever thought about that…

Feels a bit weird and egotistical to have one for the one who’s also a villain in an alternate universe, since he’s a self insert and all. I do always have a song set as pinned post on my twitter so I guess that can work as sort of a theme song? I change it every once in a while but currently it’s this

For my other MC, Wesley, I’m not sure yet but I’ve looked around and found a few things:

If I’m to Die by Keaton Henson

Someone to Stay by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Medicine by Daughter

He married and is still in love with Raf so all aboard the Angst Express. He feels a bit unsure about getting back together, all he really knows is that he wants answers. But since I made him, he’s getting back together with Raf because I Say So

In his ‘canon’ playthrough, at least. I’ll probably do several for him

Bonus Trixie song (If she could talk, I bet this would be her voice)

4 Likes

Most of my MCs aren’t at the point where I could think of a song for them but one of my MCs, Lex, is. They like to think of themselves as Poison Ivy by The Coasters but at the moment they’re really more Hurt by Johnny Cash :cry: I have a lot of hope for them, however - I have faith that Lex can pull themselves out of this hole they’re in.

Totally irrelevant side note: Does “themselves” seem unnatural when I’m referring to one person? My computer insists that “themself” isn’t a word…

This is exactly the kind of content I like to see :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well, it’s a tough question :smiley: My MC is still in love with Raf and her little broken heart is still hurting all over the guy, and would get back together, if she has the chance (she just wants to talk to Raf again, okay xD) She is also a frick-fracking badass and a no-bullshit woman :yum:

MIIA - Dynasty

Bryce Fox - Horns

Otherwise - Soldiers

And a song for Raf, because in my mind it fits him quite well, but who knows :joy:

Jaymes Young - I’ll be good

(Also, this is my first ever comment on this site after years of lurking but I tried my best xD)

2 Likes

For an MC still hung up over Raf:

Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi

Youth by Daughter

The Meetings of the Waters by Fionn Regan

Choke by OneRepublic

I can’t seem to come up with songs for Ricky :frowning: but I can totally imagine V serenading my (or any) MC by singing Take On Me or Don’t You Want Me. Also, the one thing that makes Taylor Swift’s new song better (Look What You Made Me Do) is if I imagine a villain singing it while they do damage to the Nickleport.

2 Likes

Everyone has such interesting MC songs! :grin:

Also a lot of songs that I’ve never heard before. :open_mouth: They all sound so good! And everyone’s MCs seem very interesting! (I also love how differently they can all come across, it’s really neat!)

I definitely recommend it for writing, especially if music helps you! I do that for my characters as well (I even have a couple of songs I use when plotting out certain things when it comes to the characters here.)

Fun fact- That’s one of said songs I use when plotting out some of Raf’s past romance scenes.

Choo choo.

Of course. I see you’ve remembered the chant! :wink:

Side note- A cat treat ad came on before this song played for me… I don’t know if this is serendipity or if Trixie’s finally clawing her way out of my computer and is coming for treats.

I definitely know people that use they/them pronouns and will use either themself or themselves. It depends on the person and how they’d prefer to be referred to as.

My computer underlines it as incorrect but, well, computers are weird. (My computer is also telling me to use ‘didn’t’ instead of ‘doesn’t’ when I’m writing in the present tense so I take it all with a grain of salt.)

But, no, it doesn’t seem unnatural if that’s what they use.

Oooh, yeah, definitely fits him very well!

Yayy! Well, welcome to the world of non-lurking! Happy to have you here and honored that your first comment is on this thread! :grin:

4 Likes

If we’re going really angsty on the Raf/MC front, there’s always:

My Immortal

3 Likes

A really angsty song about relationships I love is Snuff by Slipknot although Ia don’t know if it applies to any of the romances :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Does that giant cat happen to be a Cat Sìth?

MC
Villain!MC

Okay.

Mafia voice And don’t skimp out on the filling or else. :stuck_out_tongue:

What would we do without you?

1 Like

She’s getting too powerful

No but only because I’ve only seen three Star Wars movies so far (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Rogue One) and I’m still not clear on what a Sith is

Also, I love When You’re Evil. Best villain song :grinning:

1 Like

I was just thinking about that one earlier! Which of the villains in this game would it fit the best…? :thinking:

Also, isn’t Cat Sith a type of fairy? Huge cat, usually black with a white spot.

1 Like

Oh. Well if that’s the case, then I misunderstood the question completely (I’m pretty rusty on my knowledge on Gaelic mythology)

The answer would still be no though since she’s significantly larger and hairless. Still magic though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you - I use they/them pronouns sometimes but I realized I have never consider themselves or themself. I think I was subconsciously avoiding it (I do that) because I like to be Right and in this case what’s right really is a subjective thing…

1 Like

Ghosting - Mother Mother - Raf or Lucy who married the MC for love but then MC moves on (choo choo, Angst Express departing in 10)

Wrecking Ball - Mother Mother - Lucy

1 Like

That is, indeed, very angsty! :grin:

Hmm… Not sure, I’m sure we can find a fit for one of them, though! :wink:

Oooh, I like them!

You got it, boss.

Hmm… If ya wanna get real technical- then technically you wouldn’t be on this thread, seeing as it probably wouldn’t exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

She’s already gotten too powerful.

Hmmmm…

Probably Likewise?

It’s definitely cocky as they are. But at the same time, I almost feel like it’s not quite playful enough. Cause with them I tend to associate songs more like (Just a heads up, this song is… not one you would want to play aloud with others around) I Can’t Decide by Scissor Sisters

Actually, now that I think about it- I feel like this song would fit someone you’ll meet in the next update a bit more than it would Likewise…

We’ll see if you can guess who :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Aghhhh now that I’m listening to it again I’m conflicted. It might work really well for Likewise as well as this other villain.

Ack, I can’t decide.

Glad I could help some! I’ve definitely seen people do it either way, so it’s more of a person-to-person thing than any definitive dictionary ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. Whatever the person says is right is, well, right.

Totally didn’t use this on my list of songs for Raf no haha what are you talking about that’d be ridiculous ahahahahahahaha

Ahem. Very sad song. :cry:

Ooooh… yep. Definitely fits her.

Ooooh but while we’re on the subject of songs. I also use a lot of songs for the different side stories that you can uncover during the game. One of my absolute favorites (and one I actually really want to write some kinda short story or novel or something for after I finished Model Citizens Unmasked) which includes everyone’s favorite cult-leading villain uses this song:

I thought that’d be a fun one to share as well, kinda an idea for one of the fun side-stories you’ll be able to uncover later on! :grin:

Oh! Also also you can actually get a sneak peek about what this little side story is about if you take a look back at Jacob’s example short way back when.

(Wow I’ve been doing a lot of edits on this one post, but things keep coming to me afterwards haha)

4 Likes

I still press your letters to my lips
And cherish them in parts of me that savor every kiss
I couldn’t face a life without your lights
But all of that was ripped apart when you refused to fight
BOY IF THIS ISN’T FOR THE EXES’ I DON’T KNOW WHO IT IS FOR

1 Like

My MC is like neutral about their ex beside of how they cheated on them… but at the same time, I want to romance Informant… Also since MC and their ex are well, not together. Have one of them actually one day just forgot that MC (or vice versa) and them being not there with them anymore?

1 Like

For Raf :cry:

For the past four years, everything in Wesley has been screaming that seeing Raf again would be a mistake but, screw it, he wants to anyway (‘The world may disapprove but my world is only you:cry:)

Another Wesley and Raf, probably shortly after their reunion but before they officially get back together (This describes what Wesley will be thinking so perfectly omg. Especially ‘My feelings written on my face / Got what I want but now I’m scared’)

Oh god, Raf during the big reveal (can’t wait until that flashback)

The divorce

Post-divorce

3 Likes

Oooh, yep! Definitely fits the Exes very well! :wink:

His romance is definitely gonna be a fun one! (Lotsa detective work to do there! :mag_right: )

I don’t think my brain is working properly right now (I just woke up) so I’m a little confused by the question- do you mean to ask if the MC/Ex has woken up one day and forgotten that the other one is no longer with them/that they divorced?

If so, then I can’t answer for anybody’s particular MC, but I can say that the an Ex who was in love with the MC definitely had days right after the divorce where they woke up and were briefly confused as to why the MC wasn’t there- only to have everything that happened come rushing back to them.

Ahhh, I wake up and you make me feel sad. How cruel. :cry: (But still, some great songs!)

Also. yes, the reveal flashback is one of the many scenes I’m super super super excited for us to get to. It’s gonna be so so so much fun to write and I guess we’ll see but I hope that it’s gonna be as much fun to read as it is to write!

It’s gonna be a good time! :grin: (For me. At least. For everyone’s MC… well…)

5 Likes

Yeah, to be honest, I think I created that post when I was very sleepy (because I don’t remember this post).

2 Likes