Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

I suppose I’ll just languish here and await your wondrous and insightful updates. :stuck_out_tongue:

At first I read preachy as peachy, kind of changes expectations when you switch the two out. For a minute there I was thinking Likewise was going to be a grim, creepy, terrifying villain. :laughing: Although I suppose that is a possibility until it isn’t. Is Likewise somewhat inspired by Deadpool? I can kinda see how they might be. So, uh, what kind of show would it be? I hope glitter or sand isn’t involved…

1 Like

You people and your angst :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna hafta hold off on the shorts for a while. I want to get the next update done eventually after all, ahaha. So I’m going to buckle down once more on that for a while, but I’ll be more than willing to do more shorts afterwards, of course. (Besides! You’ll have some Lucy-fun-time in the upcoming update anyway, so it’s something to look forward to! :grin: )

Capes and cloaks are officially back in style :wink:

I’m sure it looks absolutely fabulous.

I’ll raise you asking about the cat and give you the chance to see the cat again!

I love PMJ, shoot.

I think the lyrics fit pretty well actually, considering all the trouble they give the MC, haha.

But of course! A perfect fit for the good Mr. Dempsey.

Oooh, yeah, I can definitely see that as a good fit!

And I suppose I’ll just write here to do my best to give you the best possible update I can! :grin:

Grim, creepy, terrifying? Well… I might use one of those to describe Likewise, but it certainly isn’t grim ahahaha. :stuck_out_tongue: They were kinda inspired by Deadpool, I guess? A mix of Deadpool and the Joker for inspiration. I like the fact they’re both people just have fun with what they’re doing, and how that can make them all the more intimidating to those who oppose them, or even the reader on some occasion. So Likewise is kinda playing off of that kinda hero/villain.
I suggest you bring an umbrella or cover of some sort.
Cause there’s gonna be a lot of glitter.

11 Likes

Is it ex Lucy or just Lucy

1 Like

Edna Mode is gonna have a heart attack with that statement

On one hand: YES EXCITED

On the other hand: /rations headcanons for the ex because this will be awhile

4 Likes

Looking good so far. I referenced Mika for Vincent’s hair style and… Honestly, he’s giving Ricky a run for his money… (Vera and Vega are also looking good, but I didn’t look up reference for their hair)

:heart_eyes:

:smiley_cat:

You got me goin’
You’re, oh, so charmin’

You say I’m crazy
I got your “crazy”

:kissing_heart:

Hold It Against Me just came up on spotify and now I’m thinking of my MC flirting with Ricky with Britney Spears lyrics

1 Like

Ex Lucy (and it’s also a flashback so it’s not present Ex Lucy)

We’ll work through it. Call the hospital.

Hopefully I make it worth the wait!

V is attractive and trust me they know and use it. So it’s only natural that V would give Ricky a run for his money!

You gotta keep that Britney Spears theme goin’, eh? Who knows, by the end of this thing, maybe you’ll even have a Spears song for each character, haha!

4 Likes

We need to finally meet present Ex Lucy!
And @Renab can we redeem Lucy? She is lovely, but she has murdered innocent people (at least it what I think), destroyed families, etc. I don’t think my MC could go back with her if she continues in her current path.

4 Likes

It’s been a bit of a 90s/early-2000s kind of week :stuck_out_tongue:

Took a bit of a break from V to present a new theory on who Informant might be

A bunch of cats stacked in a trench coat, led by Trixie

23 Likes

Oh my god. Insecure Ricky for V :)) I can sense the lowkey pettiness rolling off this one.

Okay but in speaking of insecurity, would the MC ever feel that way towards their RO? I mean MC being insecure with Ricky might happen due to his career. How about the others

3 Likes

You will… eventually.

Be patient my friend, I must complete the build up and introduce everyone, but I promise it will come before the end of the first case! :grin:

Yes.

You can absolutely redeem either of the Exes. Lucy, in particular, will be a little bit… trickier, however. Because redemption does mean, for her, facing what she’s done in regards to that which you yourself bring up. Right now she has a goal, and she’s fixated on that goal until it’s become something of an obsession- redemption does, in some part, mean giving up on that goal. So that’s a blockade as well. But it’s definitely possible.

Hey, sometimes you just gotta rock out to that late 90s/early 00-vibe.

AGH my top-secret, never-to-be-mentioned plot twist has been revealed! Nooo!

How’d you find out? :scream:

Ricky is basically made of pettiness.

I’m not sure it takes much to bring it out.

Sure, there’s plenty of reason to feel insecure around almost any of the ROs. (Of course the MC never has to but they definitely could.)

Heck, just look at some of them- Ricky’s a famous politician with previous fidelity problems, Finley’s your boss, Lucy and Raf are both super powerful villains, you barely know anything about the Informant who apparently leads an underground life learning everyone else’s secrets, Yolanda Waltz is called Nickelport’s shining starlet, Likewise is… Likewise, and that’s not even all of them!

There’s definitely reasons for any MC to feel insecure in a relationship with any of the ROs.

13 Likes

I can overlook it personally, I’m a forgiving girl, I even told my girlfriend that if she wants to become a super villain that I will accept and support her :grin:

2 Likes

Mood. Big mood for the rest of the day

So more angst then floof? :smiley:

4 Likes

Done! I think?

I could’ve sworn there was someone here who said something along the lines of “What if instead of being one person, V was a set of siblings” but I can’t seem to find that anymore so I’m probably mixing that up with something else. But anyway, here they are

Nickleport would have burned to the ground ages ago if this was the case

Same

Oh, also, I’ve been wanting to ask but keep forgetting. How much time is the game going to take place in? (Is that even correct English? Did I make a sentence properly? It’s late at night and super hot where I am and I have no air conditioning so I no longer understand anything. The more I look at words, the less they look like real words)

19 Likes

And you can actually do that, too. If you want, the MC will be able to aid Lucy with her goal.

Depends on the MC, but, yeah, in general I’d say that’s a fair bet

Ahhhhhhhh they all look so good!! I’m on my phone so I can’t say much without getting into unreadable typo land but they look so goood!! I love how cocky they all are it’s amazing!

Funny story- I’ve actually considered putting this in as a reality. Like have whichever V you encounter mention one time that they’ve got two siblings who live elsewhere as a sorta Easter egg nod to the others. Idk if I’ll actually put it in. But it was a fun idea! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is why they’d all have to be in another city haha

Oh no! I hope you find someplace cooler soon. Or some a.c. And water.

Anyway, I don’t have a specific time frame in mind but it’s definitely gonna take place over the course of several months in the MC’s life. Though you won’t get to play every day of every week as some of the cases the MC is assigned are going to take place at different times. So there’ll be brief interludes that don’t go into too much depth of what they did during that in-between time you will get an idea of what went down before starting a new case.

It also depends on how the cases end. As sometimes there’ll have to be more depth given to the interludes if a case ended… traumatically.

11 Likes

The first two times I played I did think V was three different people since the descriptions for each were different :smile:

2 Likes

Aggggh, why do this to me, just read all the short stuff. V is giving Raf a run for his money in the ones who my MC might end up following like a love sick puppy first official playthrough when this is finished. -swoons a little- Agggh, you’re absolutely beautiful mastery of creating rounded characters will be the death of me!

(and make me want to write more fan short stuff like I did for Raf forever ago.)

6 Likes

This wip is pretty much amazing and I look forward to its completion! Raf has captured my heart and I can’t wait for him and my PC to meet :sob:

I also have a couple of questions! What are Lucy’s and Raf’s jobs outside being villains? For some reason I image Raf as an architect ( I honestly don’t know why it just happed lol ) and Lucy a professional trainer ( probably in martial arts or track field )

1 Like

Also since there will be Ex Lucy flashback does that mean an ex Raf flashback??

1 Like

Thank you! They ended up being so cocky that I started feeling a little intimidated by them while drawing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even if you don’t, that’s gonna become my headcanon now :smiley:

I hope so too. It hasn’t been that hot for the past couple summers compared to previous years and all of a sudden there’s a heat wave. It already peaked yesterday at least :cry:

1 Like

Hahah, yeah, there’s been a couple of people who have been confused with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Vincent, Vera, and Vega are basically the same person- just different gendered versions of each. (And maybe also kinda sorta identical individuals considering the easter egg nod that I mentioned I’m probably-maybe gonna put in.)

Multiple Playthorughs my friend, multiple playthroughs.

'Tis a beautiful thing.

Besides, you could always have loved Raf in the flashbacks then have the MC move on with V in the present. Then you get to have experienced part of divorced Raf’s romance and you get to watch him suffer as the person he loves falls for someone else. :grin:

Ahhh, geez, you flatter me too much. I’m really happy you enjoy them, though!

I would love to read one if you did!

Aww, yay! I’m so happy you enjoy it! And I’m also happy to have you along for the ride!

It’ll definitely be a dramatic reunion, I can promise you that!:wink: (Especially if the MC has gotten injured by that point. That’ll be a fun time for all.)

I probably have a couple of answers!

Admittedly their day-jobs aren’t anything much. Both are doing their best to keep a low-profile so they keep jobs that don’t pay very much or attract much attention at all. Lucy’s a city repair worker (a job specifically designed in Nickelport to clean up after the battle’s mess… and a job which she also uses to scope out the places she’d fought in and get rid of any further evidence of her involvement. It also means she has to be extra careful, however, and make sure not to be noticed cleaning up splotches of blood or scraps of armor and tucking them away. On a lesser note, she loves it because it’s very physical, and nobody really questions when she has to perform borderline-inhuman feats of strength because everybody has to be fairly strong to be a city repair worker. Also most of the workers are her kinda crowd, so she gets along with a lot of the people there.) and Raf… well, fun, kinda spoilery but doesn’t really factor into the main plot much so I’ll go ahead and say it- Raf doesn’t really have a ‘normal’ job, he earns money by helping Mambo out- which is why I mentioned earlier that if you’re following Raf’s story you’ll run into Mambo more. Mostly what he does is sees who needs help before they need it, then he’ll jump in and grab whoever it is that’s bleeding out on the street and get them back to Mambo before they die. It’s probably the one thing he does with his powers that he’s actually proud of. Occaisonally Mambo will also ask him to use the other half of his powers for more… interrogation-based purposes.

Yes.

Admittedly, Lucy’s has turned out to be a bit shorter than Raf’s… but that’s also because Lucy’s is all centered around Lucy and the MC, while Raf’s is mainly to introduce a character who’s going to be very important to his story later on. So actual interaction-with-the-Ex-wise the two are the same length.

V has that effect, even through a screen. :grin:

It’s a good headcanon to have. But I’m like 99% sure it’s gonna end up canon as well! :wink:

Here’s to hoping it cools down soon! (And at least it peaked yesterday! That means the worst is over… I hope.)

6 Likes