Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Wait, Lucy likes to listen to Rock? Damm, and here I thought I couldn’t like her more.

I think she would like Motley Crue:

1 Like

has anyone found those invisible deathclaws yet? and good news i made a permanent Connection to this realm!

1 Like

Ah, that explains it.

So long as all three don’t get together and start plotting I think he’ll survive.

Gotta love Valkyrie, she’s got a kickass sense of irony…
Occasionally literally.

Ooh, yep! That would definitely be right up her alley.

I don’t think so. Some of the traps were activated but it looked like they escaped.

Hey, welcome to the realm!

1 Like

also since im getting all my energy out ill tell you how i became Cthulhu im just a man from another alternate reality that had a nuclear war but aliens abducted me and turned me into him but im like a shapeshifter that alternates from human to cthulhu 10/10 perfect english and 11/10 storyskillz
obvious sacrasm

2 Likes

Aww, now I feel bad. In that one year my class got to dissect formaldehyde flavored frogcicles, make earthworm farms, and watch (more like forced) a woman give birth. That’s just the stuff off the top of my head.

Public education is shit. Of course private schools are probably just as bad.

Waves white flag

[spoiler]How much does it weigh? Is it solid gold or gold plated? How many karats?

Beep boop, I’m a bot. Is it weird that I’d probably find Informant more attractive if he was an android?

The less enlightened would probably call it an addiction.[/spoiler]

Am I on the city council?

Fanfiction is usually the worst when it comes to stuff like this. Along with other things. What I hate the most is when fiction reads like fanfiction.

I wouldn’t consider that an excuse, cheap or otherwise. In that case it was likely plotted out beforehand.

If you do end up making it possible for main NPCs to die, I’d expect it to have a major effect on the plot and people react to it with more emotion than a potato.

Ricky probably strips to Cherry Pie or Pour Some Sugar on Me. Yeah, Ricky is definitely an 80s rock kind of guy.

4 Likes

Gonna be listening to just that on loop for like the next three days now

(also ngl, I REALLY want to draw Ricky doing that now but I should keep the stuff I post here sfw)

Also @RenaB do you have an idea of how the characters (besides Ricky because we all already know and are expanding his wardrobe against his will) dress? I wanna practice some costume design :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know, you maybe right, at least my mc wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the kind of music “old school” rock that ends up sticking an being something Ricky truly likes. :joy:

2 Likes

Those seems more Lucy kind of music. I think she would be a huge fan of Glam and Hard Rock music from the 80s.

2 Likes

@RenaB so what would you say the characters look like mostly the girls, like Lucy😁. Since the women ROs need more love, and I’m here for them lol.

1 Like

@RenaB already answered that:

2 Likes

Oh my bad, didn’t know. I didn’t read every post, since it’s kind of hard on my phone, so thanks.

1 Like

Your welcome. :upside_down:

If you do this and don’t post a link here, could you PM me a link?

Ricky’s dirty little secret.

Now that I’m semi-seriously thinking about, I should’ve suggested Simply Irresistible at the risk of making others possibly want to simultaneously laugh and scratch their eyes out.

Ricky doesn’t have to like the genre, he just has to strip to it.

1 Like

Quick question: So I’m almost done with the second out of the three different paths that the MC can take at the party… And I noticed that things are getting a lot longer than intended, just sheer text-on-page-wise.

Would anyone be opposed to me uploading the first two before I finish the third to ask for opinions on whether or not everything is getting a little run-on-y?

Ah, I see.

You know I always suspected that it might’ve had something to do with Canada after all this time but it appears I was wrong.

Well, see, our class would’ve been that. But our teacher got pregnant and I’m a good 90% sure that it wasn’t planned considering how the school had to scramble to find a sub for the rest of the year.

A sub who really didn’t know how to do science. She had us do this experiment where we tested what cleans off this weird glowy lotion that she had us put on our hands the best- soap, hand sanitizer, or laundry detergent. Everybody got the same answer- soap is the best for cleaning off your hands. (Surprise, surprise).

But she said we were wrong. We asked her how every single one of us could’ve gotten identical results in three different tests and still be wrong.

So she took the bar of soap, ran it under the faucet, then shoved it under the light and said ‘You see! It glows! It can’t clean anything if it glows!’

The water on the soap bar was just reflecting the light. (Fun side fact: The lotion kept making my hands feel numb and weird, so I read the back of the label and there, in big, bold letters was WARNING: Not designed for human use. Avoid skin contact.)

That teacher has slowly devolved into a lot of the inspiration for the Nickelport public education system.

And that’s why our funding goes elsewhere! Like the crime foundation.

Because even super villains need to eat.

Victory is mine.

[spoiler] 5kg. Solid gold. 50 k.
I obviously know a lot about how gold works.

Well, I don’t know, do you mean 80s-cartoon-box android, or humanoid android?
Because one of those is more concerning than the other.[/spoiler]

Sure! I mean, the only credentials you need is a beating heart and a lack of basic morality. So if you can fulfill those two things then I think you’re fit for the position.

It will. As of the first case (aka the first chapter) there’s only one who can die.
But if that specific person does die then it will change a lot in the story going forward. (It is, perhaps, the thing that might have the biggest effect from within the first chapter.)

So, yes, my goal is that any death within the story will serve a purpose.

All I can imagine is Ricky as some sort of halloween-store-knockoff 80s rocker, full eyeliner, weirdly sheer shirt, zebra print bell bottoms, really poor wig of long hair, pink belt, those boots with the weird little fringes…

I’m gonna guess and say that’s not where you were going with that but I just… my mind goes weird in directions. Sometimes they end up at good places and other times it results in me waking up at 4:30 in the morning to look up 80s rocker costumes on the Party City website.

Decisions, decisions… :grin:

If I’m being serious? (And not looking up weird, cheesy halloween costumes) I could see it. I could see it because it’s so out of the norm for everything else Ricky that Ricky would probably love it. Hate himself for loving it. But still love it.

If it has a beat and is loud enough to make your mother mad then Lucy probably enjoys it.

@Urban beat me to it! :grin:

But you’re all good, so don’t worry about it! I’m the same way, I often read on my phone then reply on my computer, but as a result I’m always worried I’m missing something.

Alright! Had to save this one for last 'cause, well, best for last. (Also because I should really keep this from turning into a 10 page essay of a post).

[details=But here we go!]

Finley - Finley’s very utilitarian, so for them its a factor of the weather more than anything else. They’re not ashamed to wear the fluffiest, puffiest down coat during the cold winter (the kind that swallows you up until you just become one big puffball instead of a person), nor are they ashamed to wear something light and thin during the hottest of days. Whatever fits the situation best. On most days, though, they can be found in a buttoned shirt and some easy-to-move-in pants- the kind of outfit that would seem respectable if any Triple N executive decides to pop their head into The Rust and check how things are going without compromising any of their comfort. That being said- there’s a solid 89% chance that the shirt is either buttoned wrong or there’s some kinda ink stain on it because they were in a rush.

Ricky - We all know Ricky’s got his penchant for grey suits. But on his days off he can actually forget how to be casual. The guy spends so much time dressed-up that he kinda forgets how to dress-down. Sometimes it feels like the only time he wears something that actually looks casual is when he’s going to sleep.

Lucy - Lucy moves. Her work requires her to move and, honestly? Even if it didn’t she’d still be moving. As a result she owns a lot of sports gear and sporty-style clothing. Shorts, leggings, t-shirts, and the like make up her wardrobe. But she’s also got a lot of confidence, so on the calmer days, or on days when she has to look nice, she’s really not afraid to show a little skin, so she can be found in the occasional crop-top and the like. She’s not a big fan of skirts or dresses, however, seeing as they’re not exactly the most movable material. (Heels, she can tolerate, however. They can be used as weapons.)

Raf - Raf dresses kind of like his personality- cuddly and soft. Lots of sweaters. Many sweaters. He’s a sweater guy. He likes soft fabric so… lets just say it wouldn’t be all that hard to just pull everything out of his closet and sleep comfortably on it for a night. Raf’s also got a cat (as I’m sure most know by now, haha) so his clothes have to be easily washable. 'Cause if you think that there’s not gonna be cat fur on it you’re dead wrong. Cat fur everywhere. He’s pretty casual, too, so his pant collection mostly consists of jeans and sweatpants and the like.

Yolanda - This woman. This woman. This woman does not leave her house until she looks perfect. And by perfect? I mean perfect. We’re talking designer-style stuff, the kind of thing that would make your wallet grow sentience and weep silently for its lost brethren. She lives the high life and she knows it. Dresses fitted specifically to her body, jewels and necklaces with her favorite gemstones, broaches and rings and bracelets- oh my! Even her business attire is drop dead gorgeous. What’s this grey suit? Psht. No. Yolanda’s suit would be tailor-made and have beautiful, intricate designs on the inside of the sleeves so that she could roll them up and reveal these mosaic-style wearable art pieces. Casual lunch? More like its her ballroom and you just live in it. Time to break out the blush asymmetrical cocktail dress with the halter top and the low-cut back.
Don’t doubt her fashion prowess.

Eileen - Eileen is still a bit of a country girl at heart. And since she’s moved to the Big City she’s missed a lot of the flowers and nature that surrounded her hometown. So her clothing has a lot of what she misses. Floral patterns, birds, leaves and other such natural imagery is often found on her clothes. She wears a lot of loose and flowy dresses because that’s what’s most comfortable to her. Her work, however, dictates a lot of her time. So she’s often found in her work uniform… But she likes that as well. She’s proud of it… Though I can’t quite say what it is due to minor spoilers, but I just think it’ll be fun to see what people think of her job so I’m gonna have to tuck that secret away for now.

Informant - Informant’s main concern is secrecy. So he wears a lot of neutral, non-eye-catching colors like blacks and dark greys. Lots of hoods and gloves and long sleeved shirts. Stuff that can work well when blending into a crowd. He used to have his own fashion sense, way back when, but he’s kind of forgotten it now that it’s been overshadowed by the need to stay hidden for his work.

Likewise - Likewise. Oh, Likewise. Likewise is fun. Dresses fun.
And… I think I’ve gotta save this one for the actual game. Which, well, you should see soon.
I will say this, though, it’s mobster-inspired.

Jacob - Jacob’s a student with little cash and little time. He’s also the kinda guy who would walk outside in his boxers and not realize it until he’s halfway down the street and someone screams. Jacob wears a lot of sweatshirts and sweatpants, on days when he’s not sprinting to class he’s usually in a t-shirt and jeans. He’s not one for big or fancy proclamations of fashion- simplistic is a pretty good way to describe his style.[/details]

11 Likes

I’d be cool with the first two. That way I can see if the two paths are clearly different and don’t intersect in any significant way and so my feedback can help you figure out the third path and see if it is clearly distinct.
Two questions btw.

1. If you could choose actors/actresses to play the main characters(ones with a relationship bar), who would you choose?
  2. Exnay on the Canada-Cthulhu ey.

Mere mortals don’t need to know that info. It will tip the balance of power in the universe as we know it. The infinity stones with shatter it a million pieces and black holes will appear everywhere. I beseech thee: DONT TELL ANYONE ABOUT OUR RITUALS!! Mankind hangs in the balance!!

1 Like

lol no one here is going to complain if you upload anything new

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed. Ultimately it’s whatever you want to do. :slight_smile:

Reminds of one time in math class. The teacher was supposed to go over some stuff before we took a test. The teacher wasn’t there the day of the test and of course that ticked everyone off. So, we had to take a test none of us were prepared to take because we barely understood what we were taking a test on. In short, crappy math teacher was crappy.

When it comes to making money, there is nothing I hate more than incompetence. I get that substitute teachers aren’t the best choice when comes to teaching, but they should not be allowed to do shit like that. I don’t even want to know about her personal hygiene if that’s how she feels about soap. Seriously, you’d think it would be apparent that hand sanitizer only kills bacteria (and only 99.9% at that), laundry detergent is for clothing, and soap for getting radioactive ‘lotion’ off your hands. I feel like curling in a ball and crying now. RIP science. :coffin:

[spoiler]So when am I going to get this award, I racked up a debt with the local mafia and unless I cough up the dough…

Humanoid android with advanced AI.[/spoiler]

Basic lack of morality. Check!
Beating heart. My heart is cold, black, and dead. Do I still qualify?

Is it Ricky? Don’t worry Ricky, MC will save you! Just put on this nightdress first?

I doubt Ricky would willingly wear that. Oh well, makes it funnier when someone forces him to wear it.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like my mc, the job kind of necessitates the need to easily blend in with the crowds, except of course that my mc will never actually forget his fashion sense. Sacrifice it to reach his goals, yes, forget never. Besides Ricky is probably going to be his outlet for those impulses in a while. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Will do if it happens. Though I’m not sure if I’d be brave enough to post it anywhere at all on the internet :sweat:

His secondary defense against getting caught*: no matter what he tries to do, his Harbinger costume is constantly covered in cat hair

*Only works if who ever’s after him is allergic to cats

She dresses so cute omg :heart_eyes: As for guesses for her profession… Secret new villain maybe? :stuck_out_tongue: Though seriously, she’s always seemed like the florist type to me but I feel like that would be too obvious and also make her the odd one out out of the rest of the characters

2 Likes

Nah maybe @RenaB class was bad, and teacher was like “I have no more sick days, fuck it” and that’s what she did now she got days off lol. And it just workout since no one knew she was going to do that, so her plan succeed lol😁

2 Likes

Ok, so I just finished my first play through and I’ve gotta say so far I like this one more than Icarus Sun! I’m not saying I dislike Icarus Sun, on the contrary, I like it a lot! But I have to say, this has a bit more appeal in my opinion.

2 Likes