Model Citizens: Unmasked (WIP - Update March 11, 2022)

Glad you like it! :smiley:

I mean that does make sense… Does that mean that there’s someone else trying to expose them? What if Superman gets assigned to expose himself?

Oh wow that’s cool :o To be honest Animal kind of made me think of Ricky (I imagine it would probably fit a lot of people in Nickleport but I immediately thought of him when I listened to the song)

1 Like

Ah, that explains a lot. What if I have a barkeep who works in Canada but isn’t Canadian? There on a student visa or something like that.

Nope! That was when I learned that soap reflects light if it has water on it.

… middle school bio was weird.

Y’see but that would’ve been the smart thing to do… And who wants that?

Gotta kill all them muensters in new and exciting ways, I suppose.

[spoiler]Yes. Its gold.

Beep boop.
Well, that’s certainly one theory as to his identity. But, yes, he does have a name… But you don’t have that information quite yet.

It just kinda becomes ritualistic after a while.[/spoiler]

I would but the City Council just won’t let me!

I hate those so much. If a character is going to die I want it to impact the story, also how the protagonist is really upset for around two pages and then ‘poof!’ grief is magically gone. No, please, even if they don’t have any more impact on the story I’d like to see their death have an impact on the character.

Some are, but I’ve also seen some done well that actually serve a purpose in the plot and further the story. And I’m fine with those- they can be really good! Because, well, the book is good and if it’s actually pertinent to the book itself then yeah, it contributes to the quality. It’s just depending on whether or not the death actually has an effect.

Then he’d better be damn good at lying and find a willing victim or a good fake identity to blame it on.

I can see that! I used it like you said for the people of Nickelport (and more specifically a lot of the heroes and villains- but that’s mainly just the chorus.)

Fun fact- I use a lot of songs for specific scenes or characters. So one I use for the MCs relationship with Ricky (as they start to grow closer, and more for an MC who’s pursuing a romantic relationship with him) is The Touch by Welshly Arms it sounds a lot like the back-and-forth arguments that they can/might have in the beginning to me. (But I’ve noticed my music taste jumps around weirdly, one day it’ll be all jazz and slow songs, the next its all rock, and then the next I’m listening to tango music and Mozart? So some of my ‘idea song’ gatherings are a little… eclectic. :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I can already tell I’m gonna love Ricky’s romance. Also gonna be checking out more of that band later

I know what you mean about your music taste jumping around. These past couple months I’ve gone from early-mid 2000s pop punk to kpop to video game-esque 16-bit stuff to just four hours of Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy on loop. People who are able to narrow their music taste down to only one or two genres baffle me

1 Like

Wait a minute…(flips through Official Sacrifice Ritual Rule Book). Ok so according to the rules, that counts. The barkeep has to be a barkeep in Canada but not exclusively Canadian.

1 Like

They’re really good! I also recommend Royal Deluxe since they sound a lot like Welshly Arms in some of their songs. (I recommend Love In A Minor Key by Welshly Arms, and Make A Little Money by Royal Deluxe. They’re two of my favorites.)

So funny story- when I went through one stage when I was really into this one song who’s name I’m forgetting and I’ll have to edit it in later (I think it was House on Fire by Laura Ellis from the game Contrast) and I played it on loop while on a roadtrip where someone else was driving- I was in charge of music…

I may or may not have fallen asleep.
The song may or may not have played for the entire four hours that we were driving.
Needless to say I was woken up by someone rather sick of a certain song…

But, yeah, people who only like one genre of music? I’ll never understand it.

@Mxm124 Phew, good, and here I was worried it wouldn’t work out well.

1 Like

Speaking of musical genres…what would the other ROs listen to? Its the really little things that endear me to them for some reason!
(Ohh what if the sweet Eileen listened to death metal?..:joy:gods)

2 Likes

you know sometimes i wonder how my courier from FONV would do in this game since i have 10 in charisma
and luck and perception and intelligence. #intense training perk.

1 Like

I… I am ashamed to admit that this is taking me longer than I anticipated to figure out.
I should know these things, but for some reason it’s been really hard to discern everyone’s taste in music… :sweat_smile:

Anyway, after pouring more thought than should ever be required into this, I’ve come up with the following rough ideas that I need to refine later after I put even more thought into this:

Finley - Finley has a lot of stress in their everyday life, so they like relaxing music. Stuff that they can just kinda play in the background to chill whilst working. So I see them more as a classical kinda person than anything else. (I can bet that some MCs would tease them about listening to ‘old people music’ but Finley probably has a plethora of sarcastic responses at the ready for such comments.)

Raf - Okay, so fun fact, I actually have this one song in my older notes (for the first version of MCU) as ‘This is Raf’. And I also kinda think he’d be into this kinda music. (Such is to say: Way too cheesy and sweet). But, yeah, this kinda song.

Lucy - Lucy listens to the kinda music that gets you energetic, work-out song-type. Rock, alternative, anything that gets her excited and pumped up. She loves a good drum and guitar. Those are her favorite things- though honestly she could just listen to drums and be happy. Rhythm is her jam.

Ricky - Ricky doesn’t listen to a lot of music that he likes. Actually, most of the music he listens to he dislikes. This is mainly because its usually in concerts or some kinda expensive event that he bought a ticket for a “friend” so he can grin and bear it and get in their good graces so that they’ll repay the favor later. As a result, he’s not particularly sure what music he likes. He knows what he dislikes at least. (Classical, opera… etc. He just finds them utterly uninteresting.)

Eileen - So, Eileen… Eileen likes vocals, she loves good singers and so she likes songs and genres that show off the vocals. (Lots of jazz songs do that, the song I mentioned before, House on Fire, is apparently called ‘vocal noir’, and that’d be her kinda thing.)

Jacob - Jacob isn’t much younger than the MC, but he is the youngest out of all the ROs, and he’s back in school right now to get his law degree. So he spends a lot of time around the young’uns. As a result his taste has kinda evolved to that which he’s around, so he tends to lean more towards pop music and whatever is “hot right now”.

Informant - This boy spends too much time in coffee shops. He’s started to lean towards ‘coffee shop’ music as a result. Acoustic, guitars, stuff like that. Stuff like this.

Likewise -

Okay, okay, I should be serious. Although, they probably do listen to a lot of off-kilter or otherwise “odd” songs, if for no other reason than for the reactions they get out of people. But they’re kinda like Lucy in that Likewise likes a li’l energy in their song. Where the two differ is whilst Lucy is really into the drums and the beat, Likewise likes something they can hum along to. Energy and melody.

Yolanda - Yolanda is mature, so her song choice is mature. Not quite like Finley in that she likes classical, but more just old-fashioned songs. Torch songs, vaudeville-style, cabaret-style, that sorta eras songs.

I mean, probably pretty well. Especially with luck.

You need a lot of luck in Nickelport.

7 Likes

Hmm…maybe he likes some of the wilder Rock music then. Now my mc just has to experiment until he finds something Ricky actually likes.

2 Likes

The MC teaches Ricky not just how to get in touch with his more fashionable side… but now his inner wild side as well.

Between this and that one stripper headcannon I’m vaguely concerned for Ricky’s wellbeing. But I’m sure he’ll be fine. He could use it to loosen up a bit.

3 Likes

Yep, Ricky will likely become my mc’s side project and his main source of fun. :wink:

Well maybe if alternate Ricky was estranged from his wealthy relatives for one reason or another, that might have been how he and my alternate mc met up, cause whatever the universe and whatever his powers my mc still has a huge weakness and soft-spot for pretty boys.

Alternatively it may be how Ricky met alternate mc, assuming my mc always came from a poor family and was trying to hide his abilities. He’d have seduced Ricky and probably got him to pay for his education somehow, in other words alternate Ricky may have been essential in helping my alternate mc transform Nickleport.

1 Like

Vocal noir! So thats what its called! *More music for the ear buds~

The reason im so biased for Eileen is because I too am a country bumpkin trying not to get overrun by the traffic in the big city. :disappointed_relieved:
As a weary and divorced journalist, my MC hopes to support her as best she can. The city could always use more kindness!

2 Likes

If it is the first then I can only imagine that Ricky’s shock would increase if he ever met his double (as if he wasn’t shocked enough already), and he’d probably ask if this was alternate MCs doing, knowing how your actual MC comes up with all these projects for Ricky.

That’s what I’m here for! To write about superhero cliches and suggest great music!

You’ll definitely like her then. Eileen has a new distaste for traffic after moving to Nickelport.

Especially considering the roads are destroyed half the time in epic battles of a gargantuan scale.

Definitely! And the MC will have the option to support her and encourage her dreams! They can also try to discourage her, but I’ve a feeling you’re gearing towards teaming up with Eileen to make Nickelport a better place. :smile:

1 Like

At least now I know I’m normal. Or at least, not alone in this…

1 Like

That’s mildly insulting actually, sure alternate mc may have powers and a super (over) powered intellect, but my actual mc is far from dumb (likely hovering at or slightly below “normal” genius levels, which he desperately needs to stay one step ahead of all those caped crusaders) and clever enough to think up his own little projects.
Besides like you said, Ricky is far too cute to dress so boring and needs to be loosened up a bit and let his wild side out. :laughing::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Raf is actually sunshine personified.[quote=“idonotlikeusernames, post:557, topic:22922”]
Besides like you said, Ricky is far too cute to dress so boring and needs to be loosened up a bit and let his wild side out. :laughing::smiling_imp:
[/quote]
You’re making me really want to draw that right now. I should probably get around to organizing my clothing references some time soon

2 Likes

Lucy listens to rock? Highway to hell anyone?

1 Like

You’re definitely not alone.

We must unite! Form a new music union!

I think it’s probably because your MC is smart enough to come up with all these projects that Ricky’s immediate suspect would be him.

Who else would devise such a plan, after all? Let alone bring it to fruition?

Nickelport will never be the same…

Never be the same…

Well, I mean… you’re not wrong.

Now the question becomes, who’s got more sunshine in them, Raf or Eileen?

Your previous picture of Ricky and your MC and alternate MC is feeling all the more accurate now…

Yes!

You can bet she loves that song.

3 Likes

Poor Ricky. He has to deal with my MC, my MC’s evil alterego, and @idonotlikeusernames’s MC trying to dress him up. Sometimes more than one of them at the same time :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t realize this before but the irony is she’s named Valkyrie and Valkyries are associated with Valhalla, the Nordic heaven, and she’s more of a Hel type of gal. Hahaha man I love this. It’s comedy gold.

2 Likes