Hello everyone, Cierra here with my main project! Allow me to welcome you into the dark, twisting world of Mind Games, where the cycle of hunter and hunted is in constant swing…
The Mind Games series will be a science-fiction, fantasy, and romance heavy game. It is currently The Prologue-Chapter 5. More chapters will be added as I write them.
In the small city of Armington, something is lurking. A drinker of souls, a monster in the darkness. A monster that kills your closest friend in the city, leaving you the sole witness to its murder… and far more.
It turns out no being has ever seen this monster, except you… and when it returns five months later, you learn it hates that you saw it. And during the first fight of many, it learns you have a secret that furthers its obsession over you: you are an Alpha, one of it’s usual prey.
As an Alpha, your life is complicatedly simple: never be revealed. Never have your status as an Alpha be known. Elsewise… you’ll be dead in the streets. But what is an Alpha? Alphas are humans born with abilities far beyond those of normies, and for that (and a past attempt at militarization) they are hated by normal people, thought to be too poweful to be trusted. You were trained to hide, to know how to use your powers enough to keep them a secret.
Your life of hiding is now in danger. Between being hunted by many, you find one lone “friend” in the darkness: The Advocacy of Peace, an organization known to the public to reign herd on Alphas, while you know better: the A.o.P. polices supernaturals… and for some reason, Alphas tend to go missing in their service. And while they stand for peace, you know well enough they are more than happy to do whatever necessary to attain peace.
Who will you trust in this new terrifying twist to your world? And… will you let yourself have some reprieve from it to find someone to count on when everything goes to hell and back?
Some features that will be in place:
Ability to pick sex, gender, and pronouns. Non-binary denominations will come later on as they become natural to add.
Large amount of supernatural and supernatural happenings.
Advanced technology, both magical and non-magical. Alchemechanical is a big version of tech. Also, advanced medicine.
Six romance options: two set-gendered men, two set-gendered women, and two whose genders change depending on either your preference for women, men, or randomization (there will likely be another way to do this once I figure out a way to add it in fluidly).
Detailed fight scenes, monsters, and sometimes disturbing content (usually, what the monsters have done or how they fight).
Again, as this is rather romance-heavy game, many scenes will change based on your romance, and there will be scenes particularly for furthering your relationship with your RO. There will also be detailed NSFW scenes, and I’ve pretty much confirmed at least one RO will get them in book one.
Your choices will MATTER. Who you spare, who you don’t spare, how you fight, it all matters. Sometimes even the smallest action or inaction will have big effects.
There will be an implimented system of how you prefer your trigger warnings given, but for now they are at the beginning of the game.
The demo link is Here!!!
Script word count (minus Startup & Stats): 77,478
With both: 81,286
Character count minus spaces: 373,026
(Still not sure how to calculate game playthrough word counts)
Other important links:
My Patreon! (I will begin adding MG:O content onto it this month! It’s undecided if I’ll have tiers separate for CoR and MG:O or not.)
I hope you enjoy reading and playing as much as I have writing!
UPDATES BY DATE:
September 16-21, 2019:
- Added trans-enby options
- Adder military time option
- Added custom curse word
- Added new options to certain dialogues on Chapter One and Chapter Two, especially when dealing with Sylvia’s death.
- Added new variation text and flavor text based on several factors, such as self-view and how you handled Sylvia’s death.
- Multiple textual errors have been corrected, from spelling and grammar to sentence rewrites and add-ons to improve structure, flow, and understandability along with upping the disturbing and creepy factor and more details.
- Added a new option to the Dad scene.
October 24th, 2019:
- Added first part of Chapter 4.
- Added Freja and Blake breakfast scenes.
- Added some new content to certain Stat Pages.
- Some errors fixed.
November 4th, 2019
- Added second part of Chapter 4. This included the full meeting scene and the scene with Iris/Irien during the first healing session.
- Added new content to Stat Pages.
- Many errors fixed.
- This update included many possibilities to both directly and indirectly flirt with different characters.
January 7th, 2020
- Added Chapter 5.
- Several edits to Chapter 3 and 4.
- New Stat Page content with the new Chapter.
January 8th, 2020
- Few minor errors and repititions fixed.
- Added black eyes as an option.
- Added chest-length hair as an option.
- Added a ponytail as an option.
- Some new flavor text variations added.