Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

Actually I just went through it again and managed to get a screenshot showing the error!
Capture+_2020-08-16-15-11-04|243x500

4 Likes

Thank you so much for letting me know and taking a pic of the error message!! (Makes it way easier to find and fix the issue, which I’ll do asap.)

7 Likes

Oh, I’ve checked the code, not sure if you are aware, so I’m posting this. An error of this sort created some confusion in another thread once it was not supposed to pop since the implicit control flow is set as true. However, it’s popping because of this:

So, when you fix it, just make sure of changing the subsequent if’s for elseif

(Also, I’m not sure if it will work with *fake_choice. You could change to a choice to make sure)

7 Likes

Thanks so much! I strongarmed a fix with a label and goto for now, and it seems to be working as intended in my quick playtest.

It appears the time has finally come for me to figure out what the heck gosub is, and how to use it :pray:

10 Likes

I’ve used gosub before but I still find creating labels and using *goto label is far better/easier.
especially if you are using *fake_choice since you can just type *goto label right under the fake_choice to force it to go to any part of the script you want it to.

(Here’s an example)
4 Likes

Now that all the ROs are introduced to everyone, I’m curious about who people are leaning towards:

• Sally
  • Grayson
  • Kent/Kenna
  • Glitch
  • Rosy

0 voters

41 Likes

K and Rosy seem to be the most entertaining to pursue. From an angsty point of view, of course.

17 Likes

Aren’t we forgetting someone in that poll?

9 Likes

. . . Noh.

(In all seriousness, though, I only put the ROs who have displayed their personality so far. A lot of people may be turned off Noh after they’re formally introduced in-game.)

38 Likes

It’s as if getting mind controll in the freakin prologue is Noh enough to turn ppl off :joy:
Also can’t wait to play! Dashingdon is down, I can’t even get to the demo, might wait for a bit… :")

15 Likes

Noh puns allowed…

18 Likes

Mind Blind wouldn’t exist without puns. Even Rosy makes one, if you select a certain option.

38 Likes

I’m a childhood friends-to-lovers addict so… Sally!

9 Likes

I was reading the new update and it was short but hey, we’ll get there when we get there. Anyways, it was pretty enjoyable and we finally got to see what old mom over here did to us. One of the ending lines though? Jesus.

“So yeah. That’s my super power. Driving the people I love insane.”

That line is DOPE! Nice work on that!

36 Likes

I thought the situation with the mother would make me hate her, instead I felt really bad for her. Imagine hearing the thoughts and voice of someone you love and care for 24/7 and no matter how far away you got it wouldn’t stop, and trying to ignore it and not worry your family for years. Then having a breakdown trying to get it stop and accidentally controlling them.

40 Likes

I’m just gonna say, I voted for Grayson, but it was a near thing between him and Glitch.

7 Likes

funny thing is, im pretty sure the poll results are sliding to be be pretty identical to the ro angst scale from the tumblr, which says a lot about us, ig :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Kinda, I remember Rosy being higher in angst than K. Also it depends on the player, my MC doesn’t really care and flirts with K mentally and physically anytime.

3 Likes

So…that incident wasn’t as bad as I expected. I thought that we’d, you know, set some things on fire, almost kill Nick, stuff like that. Instead, we got a sad, pity-provoking scene. A very good one at that.

Also, agree with @PotatoeChisps here, the “That’s my superpower” line was dope.

Texting was a work of art. Just perfect. Almost encapsulated how I text my friends :sweat_smile:

Overall, the update was great!

10 Likes

I actually got teary writing the scene with Hope :sweat_smile: (I also cry at dog food comercials tho, so low bar.)

That’s a relief to hear! I wasn’t really certain whether or not it would work, given that so many people have different texting styles. (Also, Sally and Glitch each have like 4 or 5 different texts depending on Chapter 2 choices, and I was worried about them triggering correctly.)

19 Likes