Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

Eh, maybe…maybe not.
I both hate and like K’s character,
I also locked her out with the shelf/dresser and tripped her in two different playthroughs though…

2 Likes

It doesn’t lock out K’s romance! It angers them for sure, and you can lose some relationship points with them, but it’s not necessarily a deal-breaker. The only thing (as of now) that locks you out of K’s romance is choosing to date Glitch.

5 Likes

Bribe glitch with vegan breakfast or get him to throw the match as a prank on kim. those are the only ways I’ve been able to do it.

Edit i have found the backstrap across the door works. I didn’t include the hot sauce pepper spray cause while it did let you win you also get to deal with a royally pissed off Kim. And NO ONE wants to deal with that. I have heard you can block the door with different items as well

5 Likes

You can also have Sally hold the door closed using the backpack’s straps, or use the hot sauce in the egg breakfast as pepper spray (you have to tell Sally to stand away from the AC, or she’ll spray herself).

7 Likes

Will choosing to reach the school through the metro or with kenna at the beginning have any future effects?

1 Like

Author said on the tumblr their thinking of locking out Ks romance if you didn’t meet them in the morning. Hasnt been decided yet, so right now it’s just if you wanna meet K early.

2 Likes

The author has talked about locking K’s romance behind meeting them that morning, but has not decided yet, and is planning to have a vote on the Patreon.

4 Likes

So the fact that the baddie finds us in the metro doesn’t really mean anything?

1 Like

I firmly blieve one thing : We can never enjoy too much Rosy ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ya can block the door, ya can trip K, ya can make your friend fake a vision of K’s dogs and make them come out on their own, ya can make Glitch throw the match in many ways…

3 Likes

:joy_cat::smile_cat::kissing_cat: too many…

2 Likes

how old is MC?

1 Like

might be wrong, but i think they’re 20.

5 Likes

Hey, didn’t MCs brother mentioned that Rosy is almost a decade older than MC?

Anyway how old is MCs brother
Nicky Mouse?!? :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:

1 Like

he’s either 26 or 27, i think.

2 Likes

If you read the More Info part in the original post, and go to Your Family, you can see that Nick is 6 years older than the MC, who is 20. If you go to Your ROs , you can see how old the ROs are. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

:roll_eyes::smirk_cat::smile_cat:

1 Like

Small typo. Missing a space between the comma and Sally. Don’t know if someone else already noticed this though.

2 Likes

Friday Progress:

Current Word Count: 181k

Goal Word Count: 190k

Public Demo Update: January 31

Writing has been going well! There’s a lot of info that needs to be communicated in Chapter 6, and info dumps always make me a little nervous. But overall, I’m pretty pleased with what I have down. Of course, knowing me, I’ll do a last-minute rewrite of at least one major scene the night before release, because there’s nothing like a 24-hour countdown to kick my inspiration levels into overdrive.

I tweaked the plot oh-so-slightly as well. Now Glitch, Sally, and Gray have a bigger plot role in the next chapters, even though they don’t appear at all in Chapter 6 (a new-ish, equally important character does, however).

If you constantly fail (at observing things, or assignments, or whatever), effort will rise. Unlike the I-sats, effort doesn’t pay off right away. It doesn’t give you any insights or additional dialogue choices. However, get your effort score high enough, and you’ll unlock secret pathways at the end (where you basically power through from sheer stubbornness rather than skill :sweat_smile:)

Each of the three routes in Chapter 1 is meant to give a different tone to the story. In addition to clues that will be useful later, the metro route gives readers meta-knowledge that provides a head-start in solving MB’s mystery. The walking route best facilitates character building and backstory, as well as giving additional insight into Button’s relationship with Nick. Meanwhile, the dog route brings drama to the plot. They each set the tone for different types of playthroughs.

54 Likes

I made an account here just to tell you that this is the best text based game I’ve ever read :purple_heart: It’s really everything I wanted from this sort of experience.
I’m so in love with the humour in this and every RO, especially Grey. I usually just gravitate towards one or two at the most.
Nick is obviously the protagonists brother but I’m in love with him too and I’m rooting for him and Sally.
Thank you for all your hard work. I am super excited to see what happens next.
I skimmed through this thread and I have to also commend you on your responses to all feedback that has been left.
You’re incredible!
:clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

15 Likes