Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

It’d certainly break everybody’s saves, what with adding a new variable that’s set by the player on initialization of Mind Blind’s demo, but that’s actually very doable as a happy medium. :thinking:

Might take two versions of the same choice scene to keep things easier to sort through, though. By this, I mean the version with the grayed out options would be simpler to wrap up, while the one with the show/hide functionality will need some more hands on nitty gritty.

3 Likes

yeah kinda what i meant. sure button might have an emotional internal reunion with nick offscreen, but being externally emotional to everyone else and stuff would also be nice.

4 Likes

[quote=“wildelight, post:1733, topic:79890”]
I wonder if it would be better to have them grayed out so that readers know options are available
[/quote]

Greyed out AND tell us why! Gower, the author of Tally Ho and Jolly Good, does this so well! He puts it in brackets. “(Requires 55 Renown)”, for example.

Yes to this! I mean, initially, yes, some people can be okay with you being in a “like” (not love) triangle. I think Creme de la Creme did it well. If you romance more than one person at a time, most ROs get pissed off, except like this one character, Max, whom you can tell that you want to mess around with them and the other person, no strings attached, and they can agree to it. I personally always prefer the option of romancing people quietly and without the other ROs’ knowledge (and I’m really counting on Glitch and Grayson not talking to each other). Having said that, a poly relationship with Nox and Glitch would be amaaazing!!

Haha, high five, fellow teacher. And same here. I didn’t even notice any errors in my first couple of playthroughs because my brain was doing the autocorrect thing too. I personally don’t like people pointing out spelling and grammatical mistakes because it affects my own confidence in my writing. Which is why I asked. :slight_smile:

I’m uploading screenshots since you don’t mind, though!

Edit: Dang it, screenshots are all over the place. Consequences of trying to post lengthy replies on my mobile phone, I suppose. Sorry! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

They don’t really feel that way about each other

Also there’s not gonna be poly relationship confirmed on the tumblr, and even if it was K wouldn’t be interested.

7 Likes

They do have a slightly sibling like relationship, don’t they? But I’m okay with there not being any poly relationships. They don’t make sense in most books anyway. It was especially strange in Hollywood Visionary where two ROs who barely know each other decide MC and they will he a happy throuple at the end, if MC has a good relationship with everyone.

Also, are we calling the dog parent K? Are there any other acronyms for the other characters? Or are their genders predetermined?

2 Likes

K can be Kent or Kenna, depending on the player’s preference! That’s why we call the dog parent K when we talk about that specific character (although I suppose we could have also called them Ken, but Jo started with K so that’s what we’re rolling with).

most of the following info you can find on the original post, but I’ll restate it here!

Glitch and Rosy (plus a couple of suspicious-looking cameo characters :eyes:) are the only other gender-flippable characters; the rest have predetermined genders.

Glitch isn’t Glitch’s real name, but it is their callsign regardless of gender. Either version of Glitch also has the same actual first name, but different nicknames (Talia if F, Ferro if M).

Rosy is originally Glitch’s name for Instructor Kim, but your MC doesn’t necessarily have to ever call Rosy “Rosy” in-game. Their real name can either be Ambrose (M) or Ambrosia (F). Rosy applies to both versions, so it’s easiest to talk about them as Rosy.

And then there’s Noh, the elusive character mentioned in the Metro scene. We don’t know too much about them, save their mask. Their mask is thought to look like a Japanese Noh mask – hence, Noh.

Also in-game, there’s a wide selection of nicknames for Nick – so everyone’s gonna be calling him something different! To my Button, he’s Nick-Nack!

Hope that answers your question! :smile:

13 Likes

It does indeed! Thank you so much! <3

Yeah, I figured Rosy and Glitch’s names would be the same, regardless of gender. So our bestie remains Sally, then? That’s good to know!

Ooh, I never did encounter Noh. Mann, I need to do a few more playthroughs. And now it makes sense why we couldn’t call K by their callsign Nox either. Too confusing. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Same, remember a game that had them both confessing their love for me even though I remained uninterested and okay with a threesome even though they hated each other the whole book.

Was gonna say I think you forgot K, but saw you already mentioned them above :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s your helpful little sidekick:

9 Likes

About the encounter with Noh, can you actually talk to them or it just consists of that kid telling you someone was looking at you or something??? Lol

2 Likes

Whaaa- was I supposed to hide something in my post?

3 Likes

If you put the screenshots under a “Hide Details” it’s a collapsible list. Just keeps it less cluttered. I do spoilers that way sometimes when I want to talk a lot and not have three paragraphs blurred out. But no worries! Just for future reference.

it works thusly

this has been a LOTR meme break

17 Likes

Ngl there was something sus about the nurse, I played different kinds of buttons and when I chose that I liked guys the nurse was a man when I chose to like the girls the nurse was a woman. Something def ain’t right :thinking: Why would the gender of a random NPC change depending on mc’s preference? Unless…Noh has green eyes :eyes:

18 Likes

You noh nohting.

7 Likes

Wait Glitch is bald??? I’ve always thought of him as having an Afro…

4 Likes

From the first post:
Taliaferro (“Glitch”) Parker (gender changes with MC’s preferences)

• Appearance: Shaved head, and hooded brown eyes that give the illusion of lethargy despite their high energy. Skin is as dark as K’s is pale (Glitch has given up trying to find a setting that will let the two take a flattering “bff selfie” together, much to K’s relief). Has multiple piercings that they take out before dinners with their mother.
8 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhh I see thank u for giving the description! So he’s bald or doe he have that shaved head that super small hair but not bald? There goes the Afro :frowning:

4 Likes

i think the exact length down to the mm is sort of up to reader inderpretation but i’ve always thought of a buzzcut as the general style :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahhhhh I see thank u!! And that seem like a pretty good haircut style!

4 Likes

I really hope the game doesn’t go down the psychological horror route, my heart can’t take anymore than this.

1 Like