Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

I was shooketh after that last update :eyes::eyes: imagine flirting with the ROs and Nick probably be like just pretend Iā€™m not here, or he constantly teases them djsja canā€™t wait for the next update!

19 Likes

At the end of the newest update, I was excited to see Nickā€™s relationship bar was back! And far far above 100%, as always hahaha.

On the topic of the routes home, I donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to decide which one to take between Glitch and Co.'s and Grayā€™s. Iā€™m not sure if my Button could say no to Gray when he offers, but lowkey I think Glitch and Kā€™s lil thing is just too sweet to be passed up on.

Iā€™m still a little sad that Grayā€™s still weird about being close to Button :frowning_face:. Thank God heā€™s allowed a 10-inch gap between our arms, I guess. :disappointed_relieved:

14 Likes

The coming back of Nickā€™s relationship Bar is enough to make me very satisfied with this update Jo.

10 Likes

Some typos, in random order. (Think Iā€™ve mentioned one of these previously, but I couldnā€™t post pics at the time.)

typo 1

typo 2

typo 3

Liked the Gray and Sally interaction in this mini-update. Itā€™s always interesting in games to see NPCs have interactions and relationsips that donā€™t always involve the MC.

Grayā€™s romance route can also be an interesting blend of cuteness and pining, which I enjoy. All the ROā€™s have been enjoyable for me so far, actuallyā€¦with the exception of Sallyā€“her nickname makes it an auto-nope for me. (Just canā€™t romance characters that share names with certain people I know irl, sorry.) But my Button and Sally are good friends, lol.

Of course, as awesome as Gray is, Rosy is still No. 1 for me. And since I enjoy a taste of ā€œtoo stupid to liveā€ characters every now and then, my poor Button will probably dig You-Noh-Who, too.

8 Likes

Just played the demo for the first time. This WIP now has one of my favourite MCs. Iā€™m bad with words, so I canā€™t really describe why, but I love how complex and relatable they are. Love the variety of personalities they can display, I guess?

Never thought thereā€™ll be a day where Iā€™m dreadful about Simon and Garfunkel though. The constant use of The Sound of Silence lyrics in the chapter intros had me intrigued and fearful of what theyā€™re leading to. :eyes:

16 Likes

You know since itā€™s a spooky season and we have 2 voices inside our head, I wonder if other ments can hear both of them? I would definitely try to get Nick on board to scare some people with creepy second voice :ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

9 Likes

Glitch and K route is really sweet, especially with Annie to cuddle. But honestly Grayā€™s one was perfect for my Buttonā€¦ It just felt so soothing, comforting and ā€œrightā€. I think my shattered, overwhelmed by emotions, tired Button needed this comfortable silence combined with presence of someone close and familiar like Gray. Maybe in a way they both needed each other in that moment? Simply the quiet company of other person close to Nick, that is dealing with very similar emotionsā€¦ At least this is how I see Grayā€™s route and I absolutely love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Alsoā€¦ Nicky Mouse relationship bar is back! :partying_face:

19 Likes

I have The Sound of Silence on one of my playlists and it makes me think of this game and all my paranoid thoughts about how things are going to shake out every time I hear it.

8 Likes

Greys ā€œrejectionā€ hurt just the right way ( even if my mc would not do it I had to try :grin: ) I really liked it and I understand it, how could someone beat the burden of someone elseā€™s feelings on top of their own.

even if I that might not be his only reasonšŸ¤”

THIS! I could not have worded it better.

Ahh you make it really hard to decide for a routeā€¦ well then I just have to play ALL of them I guess

13 Likes

Hey, just a minor little note I couldnā€™t help but notice while I was playing through. In Grayā€™s scene in the hospital the guard says he was a ā€œcore manā€ in the navy. It would actually be spelt corpsman if he was a naval/marine medic. Sorry for the nitpick just something I couldnā€™t help but see. That aside, this story just keeps getting better with each update. Really excited to see where it goes next!

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it just mean he was pivotal for the platoon or whatever?

2 Likes

Maybe? Given the context of the statement, the guy is offering to look at sallyā€™s leg since it was injured, I assumed it was him stating prior medical experience. If not then it seems a bit of an odd statement, I donā€™t have the exact quote but itā€™s something along the lines of ā€œI was a core man in the Navyā€. Iā€™m not a member of the military but Iā€™ve had several friends in the military and Iā€™ve never heard anyone describe themselves in such a way

2 Likes

Nahh it is Corpseman.

3 Likes

A Lil bit unrelated, but I love angst on any type of game to the point where I replayed the most angst inducing scene in a certain game. I just love it when character argue with each other especially if said character is not known for being temperamental and ends up hurting one another with word.

Does that count as masochism like ā€œmind masochismā€ see what I did
there?

3 Likes

huhā€¦i really have to wonder what Kā€™s deal is. like they canā€™t be that clueless, right? it makes me wonder if they really read Buttonā€™s mind that morningā€¦like maybe they can only read emotions? it would explain why they can kind of tell what Buttonā€™s thinking but didnā€™t see it as some insane breach of privacy. plus, empaths can read everyone, so K wouldnā€™t have registered Buttonā€™s Pollard 0 even if Button was in their brainrange.

8 Likes

Nope, K was definitely inside our Buttonā€™s brain that morning. I mean even Sally, whose Ments power is precognition and bullet-deflecting Grayson can hear our Buttonā€™s mind despite not having any relevant power in that regard. Perhaps K saw it as a novelty? Something like a curiosity? K is used to hear emotions, which i currently imagine has a very abstract sound and that they need to intuit that into coherent thoughts . Then suddenly, they can hear someoneā€™s mind in a crystal-clear manner without even trying. I mean, Button has a very, very special conditions (try the ā€œwalkingā€ choice to see Mentsā€™ reaction to Button in general.). Kā€™s action towards her is kinda, relatively normal, but is still very rude and insensitive.

But well, K does feel sorry after thatā€¦right?

12 Likes

Empathsā€“in the extrasensory sense of the wordā€“feel the emotions of others as if they were their own.

Like the ā€˜overloadingā€™ Sally goes through with not being able to read Buttonā€™s future, K feels the emotions of other people, even at the cost of their own emotions. In a ā€œhigh societyā€ setting, which probably included a lot of snobby dinner parties, and country club gatherings for Kā€™s childhood, there were most likely some incredibly toxic people around them from a young age.

So I imagine that they often felt very burnt out, and animals were probably the only things K could spend time with growing up that didnā€™t make them sick. The animals, and of course Glitch when K met them, too. I kinda want to read that origin story at some point, because I imagine itā€™s very sweet. Maybe a little bland, and maybe nothing special, but sweet.

The stuff I blurred isnā€™t necessarily a ā€œspoilerā€ for whatā€™s already available, but these are more inferences than anything else, and some aspects of these inferences might be spoilerish depending on how some things unfold in Mind Blind itself. :woman_shrugging: :grin:

20 Likes

If I remember correctly there was a tumblr ask where the author implied the reason K answered the door in a towel to a seemingly stranger was because she could read his thoughts. Could be wrong though I have shit memory

6 Likes

interestingā€¦but thatā€™s the thingā€¦Sally canā€™t read our mind because it overloads her precog ability. the same might be possible for K. I imagine in that case theyā€™d be able to sense general things like where Button was and how they felt in the moment, but not what Button was actually thinking. More importantly, what K could sense from Button wouldnā€™t be any different from what they could sense from everyone else. When they meet Button in the hospital, they say: ā€œWhatever I did is irrelevant.ā€ Whatever they did? They donā€™t seem to know.

I guess itā€™s just hard for me to believe that K would have behaved as ambivalently as they did had they actually read Buttonā€™s mind. Theyā€™re emotionally incompetent, maybe, but this goes beyond that. Moreover, they seem like a private person. I feel like theyā€™d be angry if someone had rifled around in their brain. That they donā€™t expect Buttonā€™s anger at all would imply that they didnā€™t didnā€™t think they did anything to make Button angryā€¦which would mean that they didnā€™t read Buttonā€™s mind. At least, not any more than they did anyone elseā€™sā€¦am I making any sense

19 Likes

i believe that what Sally canā€™t see is the future of Button, since Buttonā€™s constant ā€œmental chatterā€ at her brain overloaded any autopilot precog towards them. Sally still can hear Button if theyā€™re inside her brain range. :thinking:

But yes, i completely agree with you regarding K! I believe that K regrets their actions (thus, sacrificed themselves to distract the press and bringing Antigone). And perhaps because i subconsciously wants to believe that someone who love doggos as much as K canā€™t be evilā€¦Kā€™s misstep in this regard can be attributed to them being ā€œsurprisedā€ and lowkey intrigued. Although itā€™s still a jerk-ish move.

Tbh, i love @LadyUmbreon89 's theory regarding K. If itā€™s true, it certainly explains a lot :laughing:

11 Likes