Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

rambling, maybe spoiler?

so nicks middle name really hyacinth??? its not a joke??? mom? dad? really??? Nicholas. Hyacinth. Wiseman???
its as bad as natural harmonia gropius. i cant stop laughing :rofl: :rofl: and now i fear for mcā€™s middle name

15 Likes

Def gonna turn up the heat with Rosy :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this, and unlike other text games, I am interested in most of the romance choices. Most of the time, and even in visual novels, there might be one or two I am interested in. Cannot wait till this is finish. Also I will say of how this last demo ended with us about to take that test, I am a little annoyed it ended there. I wanted to complete it and ace to show even though my character cannot do whatever one else can, she will still be a complete badass.

2 Likes

Thank you for writing such an amazing story! :pleading_face::heartpulse: I love the concept of the story, the characters Iā€™ve met so far (yes, even Satan), and I love your writing style!

Whenever I have super-power choices, I never go with the mental powers cause I find them less intriguing than physical powers. But holy I love your take on mental psychics so much!

I cannot be more happy with the idea that I can be both morbid and hilarious, which is something hard to do for most stories that uses opposing stats for personalities. I cannot wait to spend more time with Sally and Nick! Looking forward to future updates!

10 Likes

Sorry about the abrupt ending! :sweat_smile: I wanted to make sure the assignment wasnā€™t being introduced confusingly/boringly before coding the 2 dozen ways of completing it. Itā€™s easier to rework major issues with smaller sections before writing more than it would be to redo the whole unsuccessful shebang.

Thank you so much! Ments are way less exciting than usual superheros (I agree; who would want to read minds if they could fly instead? Or control lightening? Or talk to dogs?) Psychic abilities have also always felt lowkey horrifying to meā€“theyā€™re either invasive by nature (telepathy, empathy, or remote viewing) or potentially depressing to possess (precognition). Telekinesis is the only unilaterally cool one, so I nerfed it (sorry Gray).

Looks like you need to buff up your Pollard score, bc some ad agency is obviously reading your mind :flushed:

31 Likes

Actually forgot I was reading a WIP there for a minuteā€¦ and was super disappointed when it ended.
Great job, love the story and the characters so far. Canā€™t wait to see where you go with this and also to beat glitch during the test. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Really enjoying the demo! <3

2 Likes

I found this demo about a week ago and forgot to leave a comment but I really like the whole idea of playing the character and not actually being the real main character. I played a moreā€¦moody character who at one point wasnā€™t in the best place due to their abilities and was wondering if Kent/Kenna can sense that? Or do they try not to read peopleā€™s emotions regularly?

I really like this demo, I hate how itā€™s a cliffhanger though.

4 Likes

So, i randomly started thinking about the ways to impress Rosy in the assignment and I recall you gave some examples of the solutions like with high innovative stat you can untangle some cords or you can bribe Glitch to throw the assignment with an avocado toast. And the MC can also persuade Glitch to take the L with enough points in interpersonal. (canā€™t find the post that stated this, sorry :pensive:)

I wonder if thereā€™s going to be a way to succeed while relying on the interpersonal stat while following the guidelines of the assignment? Or not ā€œcheatingā€, essentially. Although I think the persuasion is still using the MCā€™s skill so the win is still earned (kinda?), I want my MC (whose best stat is interpersonal) and Sally to be able to win against Glitch and Nox fair and square.

6 Likes

Question: Just how deep does a mentā€™s abilities reach into the mind of the main character? Can a ment only read/hear surface thoughts? Can they delve into our characterā€™s subconscious and learn things about us that perhaps we ourselves didnā€™t know? Or does it fall somewhere in between?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else.

2 Likes

This is the post from earlier in the thread that might have your answer.

In another post the author did disclose something along the lines that involuntary invasion of the MCā€™s mind could cause harm if someone were to try ā€˜digging deeperā€™. Even ments as powerful as Nick would have difficulty with a ā€˜normalā€™ mind to work with, forcing entry probably wouldnā€™t end well.

5 Likes

Hey, loved the demo and the premise. Its great that more people are interested in telepathy rather than those other superpowers like flight or pyromancy. Just wanted to ask if powerful ments could mind control or make the non ments highly susceptible to suggestion or something? Because the part about the bad parents-MC relationship gave me a vibe of parents mind controlling the MC as a child not to cry or to stop tantrums and that the MC doesnā€™t like them because of this.

5 Likes

Tried the demo and it looks like this is gonna be alot of fun. Canā€™t wait to see where it goes next!

5 Likes

Can you meet Gray in the demo? If so, how?

3 Likes

You need to choose to go to Aeon walking

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy people are liking the demo! That being said, I donā€™t think itā€™ll be possible for me to ever really break off at a point that isnā€™t a cliffhanger, especially as the story continues. I genuinely thought I was cutting off at a pretty low-drama point :sweat_smile:

. . . Yā€™all are going hate me for Chapter 3. Sorry in advance.

You mention ā€œcheatingā€. But Aeon wants strategists who think outside the box. Or room. Be wary of assuming restrictions that havenā€™t been stated.

Thereā€™s one line that touches upon how Ments can hurt norms (I think itā€™s locked in one of the ASE answers). Basically, Ments canā€™t enter a non-Mentā€™s head without permission (Button being the exception). Sometimes mental entry can be demanded at gunpoint, however, or earned via deception. Once a Ment is inside . . . well, thereā€™s a reason that Ment criminals are dangerous enough to have a global organization dedicated to fighting them, and several reasons why that organization only uses Ment agents. Itā€™ll all be addressed in future chapters.

(Apologies for questions I didnā€™t answer, but I canā€™t ruin all the surprises :smile:)

36 Likes

Wow this thread is POPPING :star_struck:
I love how everyoneā€™s just vomiting their feels and then liking each othersā€™ upended feels (a.k.a. posts)

ANYWAYS THANK YOU SO MUCH
I actually really like your segmented updates so it feels like we are really experiencing the growth of this story!! Cliffhang away, my friend! I shall remain suspended on this branch quite happily until the next update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sun_with_face:

18 Likes

Soā€¦I read the tumblr page :relaxed:

All I can picture is Kā€™s puppyā€™s escaping the backyard and ending up in Buttons yard, very happy to greet them if K has strong feelings for them.

25 Likes

I love Nick :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This is such an intriguing concept, Iā€™m loving this already. You have such a great voice when youā€™re writing and it just draws me in. I love that Buttonā€™s dialogue and inner thoughts change based on their confidence, humor or morbidity stats. So many authors just use stats as choice tools that barely affect the MC and the people around them, but your way of incorporating the stats is so effective. Itā€™s fantastic, keep it up!

5 Likes