Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

@wildelight
I’ve been following this story since the first day, the day that we readers are promised that we can use a hot sauce as a weapon.

Though i did stop following the development the moment chapter 7 is fully released because i want to wait until the full game is released, i finally gave in to temptation and decided to play it again today.

It’s just as a good as i remembered, if not even better.
Your writing style is just so interesting and alluring to me i can’t help but feel drawn to read more, especially the part where K, Kim, and Gray are on because the interaction with them is pure gold.
Though Nick with his dad jokes still triumph in terms of humor(that last cliffhanger is pure evil though :wink:)

I’m patiently waiting for the full release and can say with confidence that i most definitely will buy this game the day it came out. (Possible release date ?:sweat_smile:)

I wish you good luck on your future writing journey!

20 Likes

why is nick literally me when i’m sarcastic

2 Likes

so question for the author or anyone with more knowledge than I but with our mind blind situation does that mean that any telepath in brainrange can read our thoughts whether they want to or not?

Yes. That’s basically what being a zero means - you’re basically broadcasting your thoughts to any telepath in range. It’s also how you can find out if someone nearby is a telepath.

8 Likes

ok i knew that being a zero meant your brodcasting nonstop but wasnt sure if telepath’s always picked it up or they had to actually tune in

2 Likes

I love love this game!! Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Also my question to you is what are the ages of the characters? It’s been bugging me lol

1 Like

Here’s an ask the author answered about the ROs’ ages. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I caved and became a patreon today and good god, I haven’t stopped screaming and crying since reaching the end of the closed alpha. The hype is real, take my money, etc. Honestly, I haven’t been this excited for a game in ages. grabby hands :pleading_face::heart_eyes:

23 Likes

This is fantastic! Can’t wait to read more. When you publish, you’ll definitely have a paying customer here! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is one of the best games I’ve played in a while and it isn’t even complete. I cannot wait for the full game.

13 Likes

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed playing through the publicly-available parts of Mind Blind. You have a very prominent narrative voice, and I very much enjoy it. My favorite character probably has to be Nick, though his name sometimes makes me think of this video from The Onion:

7 Likes

Is the demo still up on Patreon?

I became a patron today and I’m a bit confused cause whatever I do, my MC is called Clarence in the game. I tried all the name options but it’s always Clarence. Is that some kind of late April Fools’ Day joke or could it be a bug? :sweat_smile: :joy:

4 Likes

I’m not a patreon anymore but it must be an April Fools thing that hasn’t been removed yet. There’s never been a bug that I’m aware of that made people call you Clarence.

This also sounds to me like something the author absolutely would do and I approve. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

29 Likes

Ooooh, that’s devilish!

1 Like

The forum part felt really strange to me - like, I see the sources of inspiration, but it doesn’t really feel like it fits the world where telepathy and people constantly rummaging in your thoughts are a common occurence. I feel it’d make it feel more fitting to the world to establish the constant breach of privacy, constant telepathic problems and the sheer pressure, the doublethink that it forced upon all who aren’t able to resist.

We know Ments are able to essentially possess people, even beyond their graves, we know the minds of such people can latch onto others, MC being the prime example - in such a world, the problems of finding a suitable partner aren’t that grave. Wouldn’t Vengeance rather latch onto this fear of constantly being watched, checked and possibly controlled without the knowledge of being controlled, won’t it rather fan the flames of fear and resistance towards constant privacy breaches that come to people of weaker scales, like 1 to 3? How can you be sigma if someone might force you to strangle your own wife or brainwash you into blind obedience?

These things can be a mindset, can be something some people believe in, but it doesn’t really feel… real to make Vengeance recruit solely men and women that bear a very close resemblance to incels. Hells, even /pol/ is a very diverse cauldron of opinions, even if these often veneer to the right.

17 Likes

/pol/ is probably the only place on the internet I can go to and see a neo-Nazi and a Jihadi sympathizing with a Communist about the death of his political movement to identity politics. This will typically be followed by a thread advocating for the extermination of Pitbulls, and what the political, social, and economic implications of robotic sex slaves might be.

Place is fucking weird.

Anyway, my personal gripe with the game is the fact that Unity seems to be a UN agency. One that has policing powers in the USA. That’s the kind of thing that would typically trigger an insurgency.
Forget the whole business with “Ments”, folks around here REALLY don’t like the UN. Is that what Vengeance is? It seems like it, but it’s not really laid out plainly.

7 Likes

this is something that’s gone into more past the end of the public demo! which obviously i can’t talk about without spreading spoilers. but rest assured vengeance and their motives + the people they recruit get more depth and exploration as the story goes on . they definitely dont only recruit incels - good ol’ sigma_male is, i think, a way to introduce the reader (and button themself) to one facet of vengeance’s ideology. you’ll get to see the others later

also, “people constantly rummaging in your thoughts” isn’t really a common occurrence! it is for button, yes, but the literal entire rest of the population has mental shields that prevent just that from happening. it still does - a ment could force someone to let down those shields, like what happened to K’s mom, and it happens often enough that unity exists to fight those types of ment criminals & villains, but vengeance’s insistence that all ments are evil privacy invaders is very much inaccurate. most ments are very normal people, and most ments arent strong enough to possess people or force their way through mental barriers - the powerful level 8+ ments that unity recruits from (and that button is surrounded by) make up a very small minority of an already small minority.

15 Likes

But it’s still a thing. And there seems like there aren’t much pre - cautions taken aganist it, that the research is only kicking off – mental shields aren’t everything and what about people on the scale of 1 to 3? How can they be protected?