MetaHuman Inc. -- The finest superpowers money can buy!

[quote=“Zolataya, post:81, topic:13727”]
Which brings me to the criticism I referenced earlier. Specifically, it has to do with the part of the story where you bring the time traveler back to your labs and have the choice of offering him/her a job. In all of my play attempts, I was on the verge of starting a project I wanted and whichever choice I made with the time traveler always screwed me out of achieving what I wanted to do.

[/quote]

You always have the possibility of not offering the time traveller a job, keep in mind. Do that, and your Compassion will change a little, but that won’t alter your company stats.

BUT, immediately after that choice, it’s possible that you’ll run up against a problem with Psion potentially copying your designs. That’s something separate, and it’s possible that’ll damage a project you’re currently working on.

The new version has been pushed to the web, with @PaulGresty’s fixes.

Working on getting it pushed to iOS and the other platforms.

1 Like

Sorry, not sure if you saw my other thread–is the link fixed at the end, where the review link sends one to the product page for Choice of Kung Fu?

The fix has been submitted. It can take a while for it to be approved on all platforms.

Read it, loved it. One of my favorite cogs. I also thought it was nice to have a tie in to Orpheus ruse :slight_smile: (another game people need to read it they haven’t already and liked this one). Have only had a chance to read it once so far but will definitely get the time together at some point to give it another read through.

1 Like

13 days later, Apple has finally approved our fix for Metahuman. iOS 7 users should be able to play version 1.0.2.

3 Likes

Is there any chance of there being a sequel for this game?
Or if you’re ever going to revisit the setting of being a CEO?
I really fell in love with the story.

Wow, that’s a huge compliment. Thanks.

A sequel could be tricky, though - there are many vastly different possible outcomes at the end of MH. I guess you could go the route of, ‘This is a sequel if you finished the first game with this specific ending…’, which I don’t really like the idea of. Or, alternatively, to find some way to ‘blank slate’ the whole of the first story (‘reality has been changed!’) - but in that case, why make it a sequel at all?

There’s a possibility I’ll be working on another game for CoG later this year. And while it won’t be a sequel to MH, there may be some sort of link between the two. More news as things become more concrete.

3 Likes

One thing to consider is making a parallel story; one that takes place in the same storyverse and that shares its world with the original but involves different set of characters and settings - which may or may not interact.

For example: your next story can take place in the Boston equivalent of the Seattle corp you wrote about here. I’d support this; I’ve enjoyed everything you published so far.

Just to share, this was my very first playthrough ending, having this way. However it was not a defined goal to exactly end up like that (I think it is quite a surprise to anyone who end up on that path), still I made it by first reaction on the game.

I hate to be a bother, but if someone could give some help to guiding me to these last 3 Achievements, that would be much appreciated:

Unstoppable
Lateral Thinker
Awarded the Key to the City - Does this one require making sure aliens don’t come at all? I’ve done massive philanthropic stuff…and still got nothing

Sure, I can help you with that!:

For Unstoppable, you need to see the assassin in April. You need the Oculus or Affinity enhancements to spot them, and the Enhanced Legerity enhancement to get to them.

Key to the City requires you to donate an absurd amount to the homeless in February, 150 of next months resources. I think you might have to get lucky with some high risk investments to have the money for this to even be an option.

Lateral Thinker requires… that you suspect Batman was the assassin. Because even though it’s very, very wrong, at least you were thinking outside the box.

3 Likes

Thank you, your suggestions to Lateral Thinker and Key to the City were spot on!

I’m having some serious problems with Unstoppable. I’ve tried changing who is in charge of the lab, as well as different backgrounds, and I just can’t get those two enhancements. I always get 5 resources short…

IIRC, people said it was impossible to get that achievement in the Meta-human oficial thread.

1 Like

Yep, I saw that…and yet somehow it did trigger since there are some people who did it get it on Steam.

Then again, this is typical for Choice of Games; having wrong Achievements trigger with other names, or else conditions which don’t work, and I won’t get started on CoG flat out not fixing games.

@Urban
By the way, I do want to thank you for taking the time to mention that about Unstoppable. I know I had a little rant, but that was directed at Choice of Games stuff. I know I even got told sometimes that some “bugs” were deliberate…and it’s like no, it is still screwed up.

Anyways, for people who do want the Unstoppable Achievement, there actually is one legitimate way to get it. I will put it in spoiler tags; this at least works for the Steam version.

Getting the Unstoppable Achivement

[spoiler]Some of the previous suggestions above will apply to here, though there is no way you can get Affinity or Oculus Implant and Legerity.

However, if you the magical route, you can do so. Note the steps below may be a little out of order as I have to leave quite soon.

First, pick a background which will pick up Research Staffing. Human Resources is a good choice here: it gives a +5

Second: When it comes time to pick someone to run the labs, Pick Professor Nemesis. It will be essential.

Third: You will need to have enough Resources to do this. When you are able to pick the vaccine, choose the second one, the one where you allow for multiple shots, etc.

Fourth: When it comes to cost cutting measures cut everything (lab staff, and morale stuff). This should give you the Resources you need.

Fifth: For the first enhancement, choose Affinity.

Sixth: When Katariki shows up, use your Affinity to pinpoint where he is. Then, if you picked Professor Nemesis, there will be a special choice at the bottom when you go after the assailant:
I call Nemesis, and ask him to provide magical assistance.

He will turn you invisible, and this will net you the Achievement.[/spoiler]

6 Likes

I love this game. I’ve played it already for like 20 times. I’ve invested so many nights without sleep and I was especially pleased when I finally managed to “win” the romance plot! The price would be quite high for just a game, but it’s adequate for such a great book!

The only thing which disturbs me are technical difficulties. As it’s been already said when Professor Nemesis is on the run and you decide to rat him out, Jon is mistakenly shown as the head of research. Second thing is that in the Android version I don’t have any Achievements button; what’s more, every time I played, the achievements are reset - I would love to collect all of them! What’s related to that - I’d like to have a possibility to get this game on different platforms once I’ve paid for it on Android. I’d like to have it available in Web and on Steam also. Is this an impossible business model or could I have hope?

Thanks again, @PaulGresty, for this profound experience. I’m waiting for the next games!

1 Like

You can get acess to the site version, just send the receipt to CoG.
Now if you want acess to the Steam version, you will need to buy it again.

1 Like

Ah, excellent feedback. Thanks for making me a happy guy.

I’ll try to hunt down that bug with the mis-naming of the Head of Research. If anybody has a screenshot of the error, or can remember a specific sentence I should hunt for, that’d speed things up.

Re. the Achievements resetting, I’m afraid I can’t be much help - while I can set Achievements, actually testing them and playing around with them falls a bit outside the realm of what I can do. Maybe the CoG people can do something about that?

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to get the Tamer of the Flames achievement because when the time comes for the Psion CEO to Blackmail me I just tell my team at metahuman Inc to create a way to contain the genie but near the end it fails and I don’t get the achievement in the first place. So if I Romance the other CEO will he still take it or will he give it to me.

1 Like