Merry Crisis (WIP) - Updated: 3 Apr '24 [220k words]

Oi @burninglights it says Not yet defined for Shay instead of pronouns like my character is interested in females… So it should be she/her/her instead of Not et defined.

1 Like

yup its the word ok. they are just basically capitalized when its not supposed to be

1 Like

Got an error when i choose to buy the liquor

1 Like

I am loving everything about this. And I mean EVerYtHinG.

1 Like

@idonotlikeusernames HAHA alrighty! Edited-

@empress_nightmare Ooh yes I think I’ve gotten most instances fixed (happens when I make reference to Shay’s gender before you’ve chosen Shay’s gender). Let me know if I’ve missed out something somewhere.

@yb_minhee Ah - this was intentional! Capitalising ‘OK’ is just convention. Thank you!

@TaysukiSensei Fixed as well, thanks :slight_smile:

Last but not least, @r11sipuuro Yay!! So glad to hear. Glad you enjoyed the update!

3 Likes

Love what you have done so far. The only critique i could make is the chrismas eve part at least the karoke route seems to go by a little too fast. I would love to get a bit more to talk with people (shay) more durring part.

But overall really great job. Can’t wait to see the finished product

1 Like

It’s fixed now… All better. And nice update, looking forward to see more.

1 Like

Hm… I have played to the end of the current update, but I still have not met Qiu, who you say shows up near the end. Do we only meet them on a certain route?

In any case, though, it would be difficult for them to beat out the muscular tattooed smoker for my affections. But I suppose it’s possible. (By the way, can I just not try to persuade Shay to quit smoking in the common lobby? The character description implies that it’s a goal for some reason.)

1 Like

@Megus Thank you! Hmm yes, after I’m done with the whole thing I might go back and add a little bit of extra content - but ya know, this was supposed to be a ‘small, compact project’.

@Empress_Nightmare Awesome! :smiley:

@geldar Oh no HAHA I wonder why! You get flashback scenes with Qiu when you call Joony, and as of now I don’t think(?) I’ve made everyone call Joony whether you like it or not?

6 Likes

Oh, yeah, I’ve had an opportunity to text Joony and call Joony and didn’t take either of them, lol

1 Like

Typoed a little in my prev post, but to clarify: I’ll look into incorporating the Qiu flashbacks even if you chose not to call Joony (though I was under the impression that I did force it on players currently).

P.s. on the other hand, texting Joony does nothing of consequence.

4 Likes

When will we meet Qiu in person? And also if we choose to have them sort of dating so their status is complicated sorta dating while no label?

3 Likes

i think we’ll be able to meet them at the reunion joony was talking about on the phone probably after the dinner scene with the family. also, if you choose to romance qui in the flashback, they will still be single when you meet since you broke up when you tried to do long distance

4 Likes

I think if you play the updated demo they refused to put a label on us IIRC so their status in officially dating is murky at best.

2 Likes

@Sakura_Higanbana28 and @yb_minhee HAHA yep - you’ll meet Qiu in person at the reunion (dinner + drinks after).

Back in school, you can have a complicated/undefined romantic/sexual relationship with Qiu. This eventually unravels, and you leave for New York (at which point you both lose touch with each other - a definitive break) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

tbh i feel nervous meeting them. somehow you made me have a mental image qui being very intimidating.

1 Like

Is the reunion not optional, I’ve seen the demo where it says we could opt not to go. So what would to Qiu?

1 Like

Too bad we don’t have artbreeder pictures of the Ro’s.

2 Likes

@yb_minhee - HAHAH yeah, Qiu might not be for the fainthearted. All those walls to break down :wink:

@Sakura_Higanbana28 - Ah yes, I’m still plotting out the next few days but I’ll see what additional opportunities to meet Qiu can be provided for people who aren’t interested in the reunion. You’d definitely miss out on the earliest/first chance to meet Qiu if you don’t show up for the dinner/drinks though :slight_smile: And ooh yes, I was tinkering with Artbreeder the other day, but it doesn’t have a ton of Asian faces (at least, ones that I particularly vibed with). Will keep yall posted on that front!

9 Likes

yes. I love it. I am in need for some drama rn :rofl:

2 Likes