Merlock Owls and Dr. Plotson (hiatus announsment)

Not able to continue ch 3 from last save file that is end of ch2

At which point did you save?

End of ch2

Before or after “To be continued…”?

Loved the update! Nice cliffhanger. I wonder how Marion came to know about Lily’s death, since her father didn’t contact anyone but us. There was obviously more going on than anybody knew.

Honestly, I’m clueless about the murder. The only person even slightly suspicious seems to be the butler for trying to dust the blue powder off desperately and dismissing it as dust.

Looking forward to seeing how the presence of Merlock’s sister affects the story and the investigation. They don’t seem to be on the best of terms.

2 Likes

After reloading the save its here

That bit after “To be continued” is from a different scene file than the rest of a chapter. I’ll try to add an option to go to the beginning of chapter 3 from there.

Ok :slight_smile:

Reuploaded those files. There should be an option to go back to the end of chapter 2 and continue normally from there. Does it work?

Yeah now it does

1 Like

It was awesome. I love how its quirky and silly the one minute and the next it’s a solid murder mystery. Great job! I can’t wait to see the next bit. :female_detective:

1 Like

@soprano, @ThisSideofParadise,
Aww, thank you a lot!

The choices and skills are amusing (I particularly like “hiding”), and the detective work is fun. I liked how the inspector called out all the damage we did in the greenhouse. :smile:

If I have one complaint, it’s the lack of spaces in between the paragraphs. Otherwise, this is great!

2 Likes

Last update is darn great. :slightly_smiling_face: I like twist with sister, can’t wait to know her. :smile:
I also would like to say I terribly adore your game, every detective game is big excitement for me.

May I ask v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ about romance presence in game? D̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Aww, thanks :smiley:

Unfortunately, I don’t know how to write romance :thinking:

2 Likes

Ah, okay. For each their own, I guess. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I could totally see a more subtle relationship forming between Plotson and Owls. You write the interactions between them very well. But this story is good either way. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Ho-ho-ho, thanks you.

1 Like

Happy New Year, everyone! Thank you for your kind comments!
I drew a New year tree for you:

9 Likes

Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading what you have in store for us in the year ahead! The drawing is adorable my dear Plotson :hugs:

2 Likes